Welcome to Gaia! ::

No, but everyone tells lies to enhance their ego.

This does not apply to everyone, though.

Pyris's Wife

Beloved Conversationalist

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Whether they ar going to be acceptable or not, they are still gonig to be tolderated. Unfortunatly, it's a grown habit of man. However I think there is a difference between ''small lies'' and being ''two-faced.''

Being two-faced is very deceptive and egotistical lies upon yourself are a lot more accusable then like rumors one makes for someone else. Beucase it makes association situations complicated and it's just unacceptable to be a phony, that's all.

But the politics, president, all them....of course to be ''ideal'' for the public...they are gonig to have to mix lies and exageration into their images. Its not acceptable, it's not preffereed, but it's also insolutionary..... heart
I do act differently when the teacher is not around. I dont act all cute even if the teacher is around. Whether or not the teacher is there I value there opinion. Thats why I act different around him. I be myself around my friends because they arent important. The teacher is.
Im Half And Half On This Topic. When Is It Okay And When Is It not Okay To Change Your Image. People Wether Being At School or Not Give False Person Images. You Can Be On Your Best Behavior All The Time, But Still When You Go To A Fancy Fancy Resturant Your Parents Tell You To Be On Your Best Behavior Anyways. At School If You Are A Foul Mouth And Every Other Word Is The F Word Of Course Your Gonna Have A Split Image. If A Teacher Asks You To Do Your Homework Your Not Gonna Say F*ck You. You Need The Grade Just Like They Need The Money, Im Pretty Sure Teacher Would Just Love To Say Some Words That They Wish They Could, But Dont. Everyone Needs These False Images, Many People Use Them. Yes I Agree With Being Two-Face Is Quite Different. And I Hate Both Of Them. Some People Dont Know How To Be Honest I Guess.

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Vallentine
Im Half And Half On This Topic. When Is It Okay And When Is It not Okay To Change Your Image. People Wether Being At School or Not Give False Person Images. You Can Be On Your Best Behavior All The Time, But Still When You Go To A Fancy Fancy Resturant Your Parents Tell You To Be On Your Best Behavior Anyways. At School If You Are A Foul Mouth And Every Other Word Is The F Word Of Course Your Gonna Have A Split Image. If A Teacher Asks You To Do Your Homework Your Not Gonna Say F*ck You. You Need The Grade Just Like They Need The Money, Im Pretty Sure Teacher Would Just Love To Say Some Words That They Wish They Could, But Dont. Everyone Needs These False Images, Many People Use Them. Yes I Agree With Being Two-Face Is Quite Different. And I Hate Both Of Them. Some People Dont Know How To Be Honest I Guess.

See, I think that's where the line is drawn between ''lieing'' and just changing your tone around your authority. It does not relate to me.
Impious

You just contradicted yourself.
AnuKat
Impious

You just contradicted yourself.

So?
confused Would you tell a father on his deathbed that his only child had perished in a car accident that day, or would you lie and tell him that she was still at school? Lying to him does no harm, and telling the truth would just make his last moments pure agony. Would a small white lie in a situation like this matter much to your honor?

As the saying goes, would you rather tell a lie that brings a smile or a truth that brings a tear?

In every-day life, you might be faced in a situation where your friend's feelings can be very hurt by a truth, or they can remain happy with a lie. Does your honor matter so much to infringe on others' well-being?

Or do you only mean lies to benefit the self? ( If so -- what's the difference? There isn't much of one if you look at it all together. Lying to benefit someone else will still reciprocate back to you, so I believe you can't think that white lies that benefit yourself are wrong AND white lies are okay to tell others. )

Friendly Member

11,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Those little white lies extend even deeper than what you've mentioned here.

There are those cases where someone is thoroughly depressed, but hides it well, so that s/he can continue living life. There are those people who have to meet each other in secret, because everyone would disapprove of the pairing. There are GLBT folk who have to constantly make the choice of whether to lie or tell the truth about their sexuality, multiple times a day.

There are those who are hiding eating disorders, crushes, obsessions, and addictions, simply to carry on living.

So. What's the big deal?

In each of those cases, life may seem easier on the surface, but it's not so easy underneath the surface.Those little lies make things much harder in the future, when the person has to face the truth.
lieing is bad. period. we shouldnt do it, we do, but we shouldnt

Shy Genius

The only lies I tell are white lies, so people mdon't get their feelings hurt...but I tell them every blue moon.
I try not to lie, but I still do, however they are mostly white lies, as everyone else is calling them now sweatdrop

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Ok. Let's start something here. Let's all start telling the truth.

I will go first..*sighs, takes in a deep breath anew and lets it out*

Ok, arn't I just the CUTEST thing you have EVER seen?!?!!? C'mon, be honest!! 3nodding 3nodding heart
GlaciaIpsil
Ok. Let's start something here. Let's all start telling the truth.

I will go first..*sighs, takes in a deep breath anew and lets it out*

Ok, arn't I just the CUTEST thing you have EVER seen?!?!!? C'mon, be honest!! 3nodding 3nodding heart

Second place
The cutest thing i have ever seen is Marumi.
User Image

Well I am only being honest. And look at it! It looks so cute...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff