Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Nuclear Muchacho
Exoth XIII
Nuclear Muchacho
I read on my can of shaving foam "after shaving thoroughly wash the foam off". Uh... really? I'd leave it there and go out into public with soap on my face? rolleyes
I take a box of matches and it directs me to the user's manual on the website that sez "Open box. Take out match. Close box so the rest of matches don't fall out.". Blimey, I neva wooda thot ! emotion_jawdrop

Have we become such utter morons that we must be instucted which hand is which and that hot coffee burns (cos it's, uh, hot)? Or is it the worldwide failsafe of the American classic "I'll sue you for my moronity" lawsuit game? You'd think we're done with the age of illiteracy and superstition yet in the world of hi-tech you're treated like your brain firmware hasn't arrived yet.

Does this bother anyone else? Can't we do something?

Douglas Adams beat you to it.
Google "Wonko the Sane."

Don't need to google, have the book on my shelf (and did think of toothpick usage when starting this, mind you). But that was mockage and this is actual reality (or so I thought)! Should we expect dolphins to leave and Vogons to build a space highway on top of Earth now? Cos the world does seem to be headed in that direction...

Elishavette
How about the message I read on some batteries I bought yesterday. It was a symbol with an infant crossed out and the words, "Choking hazard, not a toy".

Kids actually gobble on anything they can their hands on, so they might end up gulping a variety of household toxics. But it's up to the parents to keep dangerous stuff hidden away, ain't it? Do you need to be instructed these things cos you don't realise on your own?

oh, here's another one that i saw 2 days ago.
this was a warning on a sucker/lollipop candy:
"Warning: Choking Hazard"

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
It's a legal thing.
They're not putting that on there to warn you, they're putting it on there to make it so that you can't sue them about it.

Timid Ladykiller

Its just lawsuit protection that started en masse after the coffee incident. It actually has very little to do with common sense and a lot more to do with not wanting to be sued even when your obviously doing something dangerous, and not having to deal with the small population of people that aren't intelligent enough to come to this conclusion on their own.
Even products from other countries have terrible warning labels like that, this isn't a "sue happy" country issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff