Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
prof-whoriarty
do you want us to just stop eating?
you can starve bc you'd like to think that plants and animals are equal to us, but I'm ******** eating
it's called survival instincts. it's not selfish, it's nature.
heart

THIS.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Your basis rests on the notion that killing something for survival means you place your survival over it, and therefore you must be or think you're "superior" to it, but in no way have you actually proven that to be true.
It's the logical conclusion. Sorry if you don't understand logic. I guess I'll stop debating you until you do.

If you think you can kill something else for your own benefit and not think you're superior, you're definitely not understanding the words and their meanings. If you don't think yourself superior to other things, you wouldn't kill or eat anything. Period. If you do kill things to benefit your own life, you MUST value your life above what you killed.

This isn't rocket science, but I guess some people just don't understand plain truth.

And why must I be superior to them?

If I value our survival equally that means one of us could survive over the other, but it wouldn't necessarily be because one was "superior".

I could just as easily be killed by a meteorite and then eaten by the dirt.

To think I'm somehow superior because I've won this round is crazy talk.

Hygienic Gawker

tfwbtr
Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.

"Hey guys let's have an extended discussion about anthrocentralism! The rules are you can only take part if you you agree a hundred percent with me! Yay, me! Me me me!"

Shy Fairy

tfwbtr
I think so. I don't get why people believe we're better. We destroy the world while animals and plants give it balance. We take while they give. We're either equal to them, or inferior.

We are all animals. In terms of intellectual, no, other animals are not equal to us. But we could say the same about ourselves in comparison to a cheetah. They run faster than us. They are superior to us on terms of speed. An elephant is stronger than us and could trample and kill us in minutes. They are superior to us in terms of strength.

To say that we are superior to them just because we have guns is illogical. Everything is superior to one another in their own way. But humans are not the most superior things on the planet. There is no such thing as superior when there is something out there that is better than you when it comes to a specific attribute. Your brain capacity doesn't mean s**t. Whether or not you know the answer to 2+2 is irrelevant when you're about to get eaten alive by a ******** lion.

Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

And yet we continue to pollute and destroy it. We damage and violate what it has given to us in a disrespectful manner.

Queen Shining Heaven
But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Feeds them for what purpose? To feed ourselves? For them to live no more than 2 years, in a small world full of pain, suffering, torture, and death? They have nothing to live for. Regardless of whether we "feed" them or not does no good for their own wellbeing, and it does not compensate for the suffering we cause them to go through.

And also, we could still feed more people with the plants used to feed the animals that produce meat for a limited amount of people. Go figure.

dh8d1
We as animals have unique attributes which make us able to KILL EVERY OTHER LIVING THING ON THE PLANET. No other species can do this. Therefore we're on the top of the food chain.

Thanks.

An artificial weapon is not a "unique attribute". We aren't born with guns and knives attached to our bodies.

Thanks.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
dolly milk
tfwbtr
I think so. I don't get why people believe we're better. We destroy the world while animals and plants give it balance. We take while they give. We're either equal to them, or inferior.

We are all animals. In terms of intellectual, no, other animals are not equal to us. But we could say the same about ourselves in comparison to a cheetah. They run faster than us. They are superior to us on terms of speed. An elephant is stronger than us and could trample and kill us in minutes. They are superior to us in terms of strength.

To say that we are superior to them just because we have guns is illogical. Everything is superior to one another in their own way. But humans are not the most superior things on the planet. There is no such thing as superior when there is something out there that is better than you when it comes to a specific attribute. Your brain capacity doesn't mean s**t. Whether or not you know the answer to 2+2 is irrelevant when you're about to get eaten alive by a ******** lion.

Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

And yet we continue to pollute and destroy it. We damage and violate what it has given to us in a disrespectful manner.

Queen Shining Heaven
But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Feeds them for what purpose? To feed ourselves? For them to live no more than 2 years, in a small world full of pain, suffering, torture, and death? They have nothing to live for. Regardless of whether we "feed" them or not does no good for their own wellbeing, and it does not compensate for the suffering we cause them to go through.

And also, we could still feed more people with the plants used to feed the animals that produce meat for a limited amount of people. Go figure.

dh8d1
We as animals have unique attributes which make us able to KILL EVERY OTHER LIVING THING ON THE PLANET. No other species can do this. Therefore we're on the top of the food chain.

Thanks.

An artificial weapon is not a "unique attribute". We aren't born with guns and knives attached to our bodies.

Thanks.

Our brains give us this ability to consume and dominate everything. Our technology is a by-product of our superior brains. It isn't artificial.
Suicidesoldier#1
You miss out on some essential amino acids and vitamins even with the best vegetarian diets, so, you have to at some point get these vitamins and nutrients.

No, you don't. You miss out on some amino acids if you're a vegan, but they are not essential amino acids, and they are present in eggs and dairy.

Quote:
Either that means copious amounts of plants to concentrate these materials or getting them from animals.

There are these things you can buy called "multivitamins", some sciency lab coat-wearing nerds came up with the crazy idea of putting nutrient supplements in a pill. You can eat enough plants to get the carbs, fat, and protein you need, along with a good balance of nutrients, and then take a pill to make sure you're not going to have a deficiency.

Quote:
If we could truly synthetically create everything we needed why eat plants at all?

If we could synthetically create everything why eat anything? If we could upload our brains to computer storage we could just consume electricity generated from sunlight.

Quote:
We're just not there yet in terms of technology.

Right, we're not. We're also at the point where our population and their meat-based diets are outside of the biophysical limits of our planet, so why are you still eating meat?

The only valid reason for eating meat is "I don't care about the consequences of eating meat, and eating tasty food is more important to me than others' lives."

Fanatical Zealot

Je Nique vos Merdiers
Suicidesoldier#1
You miss out on some essential amino acids and vitamins even with the best vegetarian diets, so, you have to at some point get these vitamins and nutrients.

No, you don't. You miss out on some amino acids if you're a vegan, but they are not essential amino acids, and they are present in eggs and dairy.

Quote:
Either that means copious amounts of plants to concentrate these materials or getting them from animals.

There are these things you can buy called "multivitamins", some sciency lab coat-wearing nerds came up with the crazy idea of putting nutrient supplements in a pill. You can eat enough plants to get the carbs, fat, and protein you need, along with a good balance of nutrients, and then take a pill to make sure you're not going to have a deficiency.

Quote:
If we could truly synthetically create everything we needed why eat plants at all?

If we could synthetically create everything why eat anything? If we could upload our brains to computer storage we could just consume electricity generated from sunlight.

Quote:
We're just not there yet in terms of technology.

Right, we're not. We're also at the point where our population and their meat-based diets are outside of the biophysical limits of our planet, so why are you still eating meat?

The only valid reason for eating meat is "I don't care about the consequences of eating meat, and eating tasty food is more important to me than others' lives."

Our planet could support WAY more food than it is now. Since ammonium nitrate is practically free and any land could potentially be turned into farmland, with 25% of arable land still unused, and rampant inefficiencies present across the farming industry, the concept we can't sustain it when we're presently at a surplus, so much so we're turning it into ethanol since gasoline seems to be more important than food, your information is basically coming from nowhere. Hell, there's all kinds of things we could do, like aquaponics gardening, that's way more efficient.

Again, multi vitamins take a source. It's not like you can make vitamins out of thin air. Usually, it's made from concentrated kale. When you grow 50 times the kale you need to survive and condense it down into a vitamin you essentially waste just as much if not more energy than just eating meat.

Look, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here. In my mind we both have the same goals.

The difference is you are basing your assumptions off of what we are doing right now in general, when there is a better way. In my mind, there's not only a solution, but a way for surplus. And mostly, I'm right.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
dolly milk

Thanks.
The invention of them IS a unique attribute. Thanks.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Your basis rests on the notion that killing something for survival means you place your survival over it, and therefore you must be or think you're "superior" to it, but in no way have you actually proven that to be true.
It's the logical conclusion. Sorry if you don't understand logic. I guess I'll stop debating you until you do.

If you think you can kill something else for your own benefit and not think you're superior, you're definitely not understanding the words and their meanings. If you don't think yourself superior to other things, you wouldn't kill or eat anything. Period. If you do kill things to benefit your own life, you MUST value your life above what you killed.

This isn't rocket science, but I guess some people just don't understand plain truth.

If I value our survival equally that means one of us could survive over the other, but it wouldn't necessarily be because one was "superior".

Using a failed analogy (meteors don't decide things) won't help you refute the truth.

If you eat another living thing, then you must value your life as superior to it's. There is no alternative.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Dr Tickles MD
tfwbtr
Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.

"Hey guys let's have an extended discussion about anthrocentralism! The rules are you can only take part if you you agree a hundred percent with me! Yay, me! Me me me!"
While I understand there are times when you need to shove people off (they openly admit to horrendous acts like child molestation, rape, or other evils) in this case, it's "I don't agree, so go away."

LOL too true.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Using a failed analogy (meteors don't decide things) won't help you refute the truth.

If you eat another living thing, then you must value your life as superior to it's. There is no alternative.

Obviously there is.

Since I'm alive n stuff and yet I don't think I'm superior. xp

I mean you have yet to prove why there's no other alternative other than in your mind "there isn't one"

You basically have nothing to verify or justify that claim. xp

Shy Fairy

dh8d1
dolly milk

Thanks.

You still are not superior. Never have been, and never will be. Thanks.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
dolly milk
dh8d1
dolly milk

Thanks.

You still are not superior. Never have been, and never will be. Thanks.

Every time you eat another living thing you're asserting through demonstration that you think you're superior to it. Thanks.
(I can play your game too.)

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1

Obviously there is.

This is like saying "Obviously I don't value air above water to breathe, because I'm alive but I don't think air is superior to breathe."

You're delusional. Please understand the words I type and you'll find them true.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Obviously there is.

This is like saying "Obviously I don't value air above water to breathe, because I'm alive but I don't think air is superior to breathe."

You're delusional. Please understand the words I type and you'll find them true.

wut...

So... because I breathe air... I think the water is inferior?

Not everything has a tie of superiority of inferiority to it.

I mean that doesn't even make any sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff