Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
This planet has a food chain. Humans are at the top. We must eat to survive, and it must be other living thins. There is no going around this, we have to kill something to survive, that's the way it's set up. If you want to starve yourself into suicide by thinking yourself superior then I can't stop you, but the moment you eat another living thing, you are admitting by action that you are superior to it because your survival trumps it's survival.

That's all there is to it, really. If you eat, you eat other living things. When you do, you're doing actions that shows your thought that you deserve to live more than what you eat which is tantamount to superiority.

Until artificial meat rolls around. xp
Riiight... then you'll just have to explain the wood that's in the walls of the building which makes the artificial meat, and the other things derived from living things that you kill in order to create the building. Actually, even creating the building itself as an "animal/plant free zone" is claiming superiority by stating that you have area that you think they do not deserve to be in but you do.

It's impossible to survive in this world without putting your needs above another living thing's needs, thus implying superiority.

I'm not "superior".

Deer eat grass, wolves eat deer, none of these things are "superior" to each other.

They do it to survive, because it's the natural course of things, not because it makes them better.

And where do, the wolves, and the deer, and the bears go when it's all over?

Back to the ground, in plants.

Who's superior to whom; no-one, it's all one big circle.

Also you could use fiber glass.

6 times stronger than wood and silica is everywhere.

If we were really superior, we wouldn't need to kill anything and we could survive; we could just extract nutrients from the ground and recycle it to survive.

Instead we're so weak we have to resorting creatures that did that for us, and we kill what allows us to survive in the process.
The natural course of things is for you to eat other things. You do it because subconsciously you value your own life as superior to the life of the thing you eat. Stop pretending it isn't true.

No, it's not true at all.

I eat things to keep going, so that one day none of this will be necessary, so humans can create artificial meat, and virtual reality, and explore space, and we can save animals, and ourselves, and everyone.

I keep going to help the next generation after me, like most people.

Because we really have the ability to make the world better.

The sad reality I have to eat animals to survive isn't permanent; there is a better way, but we have to work towards, together. Death and violence and war isn't something I like, I don't see myself as superior, and that doesn't justify me existing.

I keep going so I can help others. The sooner we get to that reality, the better; I just happen to be a human being. If I was a deer, or a squid, or a dolphin with this kind of intelligence, it would be the same process. We all have to keep going until we can avoid these problems all together. It takes time, but we keep going.

I don't see myself as superior, at all.

Things just happen; we go on to feed grass, they go on to feed us. It has nothing to do with some innate sense of value over something else.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1

Yes you do, or you'd starve yourself to death in protest of killing other things to continue living.

Working towards this future with artificial food is a long ways away, and if you truly didn't think yourself superior, you'd consider the collateral damage along the way of the lives you're taking by continuing to eat working toward that goal.

Recognize that you eat because you think your life is more valuable than the life you're eating.
You literally think you're superior to what you eat BY eating it.

There's nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make you a bad person. You're simply surviving.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Yes you do, or you'd starve yourself to death in protest of killing other things to continue living.

Working towards this future with artificial food is a long ways away, and if you truly didn't think yourself superior, you'd consider the collateral damage along the way of the lives you're taking by continuing to eat working toward that goal.

Recognize that you eat because you think your life is more valuable than the life you're eating.

There's nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make you a bad person. You're simply surviving.

In your black and white world, I have to do it because I think I'm superior.

But I'm telling you, that's not why I do it at all. xp

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Then starve yourself to death.
Seriously, you can't refute my posts because they're true. Every human being on this planet must eat to survive, and when we eat something the vast majority of the time we're killing it. This means by nature that we must care less about it's survival than ours, and we must think we're superior.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Now, I have to go to work. I don't doubt there will be more posts attempting to refute the truth, but I'll be back later today.
Jacque De Molay
You make each day a special day just by being you.
you're my favorite

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1

Then starve yourself to death.
Seriously, you can't refute my posts because they're true. Every human being on this planet must eat to survive, and when we eat something the vast majority of the time we're killing it. This means by nature that we must care less about it's survival than ours, and we must think we're superior.

No, it doesn't mean that I'm superior.

For the sake of the argument, explain why it means I'm superior?

I've already explained my reasons for doing it.

Your basis rests on the notion that killing something for survival means you place your survival over it, and therefore you must be or think you're "superior" to it, but in no way have you actually proven that to be true.

You take that on an assumption without any solid evidence.
Suicidesoldier#1
The sad reality I have to eat animals to survive isn't permanent; there is a better way

You mean vegetarianism?

Fanatical Zealot

Je Nique vos Merdiers
Suicidesoldier#1
The sad reality I have to eat animals to survive isn't permanent; there is a better way

You mean vegetarianism?

No.

You miss out on some essential amino acids and vitamins even with the best vegetarian diets, so, you have to at some point get these vitamins and nutrients.

Either that means copious amounts of plants to concentrate these materials or getting them from animals.

You really can't create such things without a precursor.

If we could truly synthetically create everything we needed why eat plants at all?

We're just not there yet in terms of technology.

But soon.

Soon my friend. ninja
dh8d1
Fermionic
your unsourced assertion of... apparent invincibility against other organisms.
Let me know when you actually understand the words coming from my posts. When you do, you'll stop strawmaning my arguments and actually refute them.

Wait, you can't.

We all eat.
We all eat other things
The vast majority of the time we eat other things we kill them to do it.
When we kill something to eat it we imply superiority to the thing we kill because we think we deserve to eat more than that thing deserves to live.

These are irrefutable facts. If you don't understand them, then you need to learn more. If you understand them and try to refute them, you're delusional.

I'm not doing anything with a strawman. The only strawmen in residence here are guests of yours. You said that no other organism on the planet has the potential to kill every other organism on the planet. This is unsourced. The words coming from your posts are not addressing what I am saying. They seem to be engineered to give yourself an ego-kick, but I may be wrong in that.

As to your other points, I've no issue with, as I've said previously. All I've said is that we aren't at the top of a food chain, and that food chains are not a way to assign superiority to humanity, be it absolute or self-perceived.

I've not even attempted to refute any of your blaringly obvious points. I can also say that I care little for your manner.
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Yeah, so we can fatten them up and slaughter them horribly.

If it is their lot in life to die and become our food, then so be it

Humans are so selfish.
do you want us to just stop eating?
you can starve bc you'd like to think that plants and animals are equal to us, but I'm ******** eating
it's called survival instincts. it's not selfish, it's nature.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Fermionic
dh8d1
Fermionic
your unsourced assertion of... apparent invincibility against other organisms.
Let me know when you actually understand the words coming from my posts. When you do, you'll stop strawmaning my arguments and actually refute them.

Wait, you can't.

We all eat.
We all eat other things
The vast majority of the time we eat other things we kill them to do it.
When we kill something to eat it we imply superiority to the thing we kill because we think we deserve to eat more than that thing deserves to live.

These are irrefutable facts. If you don't understand them, then you need to learn more. If you understand them and try to refute them, you're delusional.

I'm not doing anything with a strawman.
I made your strawman more prominent in hopes you'll see it and admit that you actually built it.
Fermionic
we aren't at the top of a food chain
Oh yes we are... unless you fear being eaten often. You don't, do you?
Fermionic
food chains are not a way to assign superiority to humanity
I never said "humans are superior because we're at the top of the food chain." What I said was "being at the top of the food chain, we eat other living things to survive, and therefore we MUST value their life below ours, and ours superior to theirs.
Fermionic
You said that no other organism on the planet has the potential to kill every other organism on the planet.
I did, and I stand by it. We have nukes. We have a-bombs. We have Radiation. We have control of fire, steel, and antibacterial methods. We can kill off every other living thing on the planet if we choose to as a species. It would take time. It would take resources. It would change the dynamic of our ecosystem. We probably wouldn't survive long after we did it. Which is why we won't do it, but we could.
Fermionic
I can also say that I care little for your manner.
I care little for your weak attempts at proving we're not at the top of the food chain, and I care little for your weak attempts at refuting that whenever you eat something, you're eating something that was alive, and therefore by doing so you're claiming superiority over it by it dying so you can survive.

Savage Fairy

12,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
Maybe your definition of "equal" differs from mine.

You've got to elaborate. Are we talking about equality (status, nature, mind, etc.) in general or just in terms of our impact on Earth? Because having better abilities to destroy would make us superior, as our society teaches us.

If animals and plants ever grow into intellect akin to ours, the probability that they'd start sacrificing the good of the world for their own comfort is high.

The ability to destroy shouldn't make us better than others. It should make us inferior. Peace and beauty should rule, not destruction.

I'm talking about being equal in all ways, fundamentally and organically.

I don't even . . .

Except for a single fact that all living beings share (want for further survival—and all that it encompasses), I can't think of anything that could possibly group plants and humans together. We live on different planes of existence.

Peace and beauty? That would be a very boring world. Our instincts cry for conflict. We must listen. If only peace existed, all these wonderful books that I enjoy wouldn't have been written. I don't want flowering guides. I want war and murder!

Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.

Seriously? Animals and plants aren't on the same "level" as humans - in terms of awareness and intellect, they just aren't on the same playing field. It would be impossible for them to be "superior", as they work on a more basic, instinct based frame work, compared to us. Plants especially can't be called bastions for "peace and beauty" - they have no knowledge of such things, and don't work or strive for them. They just... are. You're attributing way too much to a species that has little to no consciousness confused

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1

Your basis rests on the notion that killing something for survival means you place your survival over it, and therefore you must be or think you're "superior" to it, but in no way have you actually proven that to be true.
It's the logical conclusion. Sorry if you don't understand logic. I guess I'll stop debating you until you do.

If you think you can kill something else for your own benefit and not think you're superior, you're definitely not understanding the words and their meanings. If you don't think yourself superior to other things, you wouldn't kill or eat anything. Period. If you do kill things to benefit your own life, you MUST value your life above what you killed.

This isn't rocket science, but I guess some people just don't understand plain truth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff