Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Victory

Animals and plants are not equal to humans. There is a reason why we evolved past them and became the natural rulers of the planet after all. However, just because humans are superior to plants and animals does not mean that we should disrespect the plants and animals that inhabit the Earth, because we do rely on them and live here with them. There is a delicate balance, with humans on top.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Actually I believe it is the ground and tractors. xp

Which we fertilize and created

Fanatical Zealot

Queen Shining Heaven
Suicidesoldier#1
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Actually I believe it is the ground and tractors. xp

Which we fertilize and created

We can't create the ground.

But the fertilizer came from the ground and the air, so it's all one big circle. xp

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
This planet has a food chain. Humans are at the top. We must eat to survive, and it must be other living thins. There is no going around this, we have to kill something to survive, that's the way it's set up. If you want to starve yourself into suicide by thinking yourself superior then I can't stop you, but the moment you eat another living thing, you are admitting by action that you are superior to it because your survival trumps it's survival.

That's all there is to it, really. If you eat, you eat other living things. When you do, you're doing actions that shows your thought that you deserve to live more than what you eat which is tantamount to superiority.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
This planet has a food chain. Humans are at the top. We must eat to survive, and it must be other living thins. There is no going around this, we have to kill something to survive, that's the way it's set up. If you want to starve yourself into suicide by thinking yourself superior then I can't stop you, but the moment you eat another living thing, you are admitting by action that you are superior to it because your survival trumps it's survival.

That's all there is to it, really. If you eat, you eat other living things. When you do, you're doing actions that shows your thought that you deserve to live more than what you eat which is tantamount to superiority.

Until artificial meat rolls around. xp
dh8d1

It is a singularly foolish thing to do to define superiority in terms of the idiocy that is a "food chain". "Humans are at the top [of the food chain]". That is false on numerous levels. To name but a few, a few chain is but one particular strand of a food web, humans are habitually killed by various organism and consumed almost entirely by various organisms. We are not at the top.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1

And would that justify aliens eating us? xp

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1

Riiight... then you'll just have to explain the wood that's in the walls of the building which makes the artificial meat, and the other things derived from living things that you kill in order to create the building. Actually, even creating the building itself as an "animal/plant free zone" is claiming superiority by stating that you have area that you think they do not deserve to be in but you do.

It's impossible to survive in this world without putting your needs above another living thing's needs, thus implying superiority.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Fermionic
dh8d1

It is a singularly foolish thing to do to define superiority in terms of the idiocy that is a "food chain". "Humans are at the top [of the food chain]". That is false on numerous levels. To name but a few, a few chain is but one particular strand of a food web, humans are habitually killed by various organism and consumed almost entirely by various organisms. We are not at the top.
Ah. I see you're working with the incorrect assertion that top of the food chain means nothing can kill us or eat us. Let me explain it to you:

We as animals have unique attributes which make us able to KILL EVERY OTHER LIVING THING ON THE PLANET. No other species can do this. Therefore we're on the top of the food chain.

Thanks.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1

And would that justify aliens eating us? xp
If aliens needed to eat us, they would justify it that way... but we'd want to survive thinking we're superior to their needs, so we wouldn't want to be eaten.
They're not equal in any sense. Eukaryotes are diverse. However, speaking of the food chain in an absolutist sense is just outdated and ignorant. I was convinced of this when I saw a cow chew on a dead rabbit.

Fanatical Zealot

dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1

Riiight... then you'll just have to explain the wood that's in the walls of the building which makes the artificial meat, and the other things derived from living things that you kill in order to create the building. Actually, even creating the building itself as an "animal/plant free zone" is claiming superiority by stating that you have area that you think they do not deserve to be in but you do.

It's impossible to survive in this world without putting your needs above another living thing's needs, thus implying superiority.

I'm not "superior".

Deer eat grass, wolves eat deer, none of these things are "superior" to each other.

They do it to survive, because it's the natural course of things, not because it makes them better.

And where do, the wolves, and the deer, and the bears go when it's all over?

Back to the ground, in plants.

Who's superior to whom; no-one, it's all one big circle.

Also you could use fiber glass.

6 times stronger than wood and silica is everywhere.

If we were really superior, we wouldn't need to kill anything and we could survive; we could just extract nutrients from the ground and recycle it to survive.

Instead we're so weak we have to resorting creatures that did that for us, and we kill what allows us to survive in the process.
dh8d1
Fermionic
dh8d1

Ah. I see you're working with the incorrect assertion that top of the food chain means nothing can kill us or eat us. Let me explain it to you:

We as animals have unique attributes which make us able to KILL EVERY OTHER LIVING THING ON THE PLANET. No other species can do this. Therefore we're on the top of the food chain.

Thanks.

That's an embarrassingly ignorant thing to be thinking, both in your misunderstanding of what a food web is, and by your unsourced assertion of our killing potential and apparent invincibility against other organisms.

To refresh your memory, I'm sure, a food web (and by extension a food chain) is a consumer-resource system, not a measure of how big a stick we have the potential to swing at other living creatures. I don't disagree that humans are probably able to "kill every other living thing on the planet" (individually; certainly not all at once) in the sense that we could come up with a way to cease the life of any chosen being. That doesn't put us at the top of the food chain, however. That is the lapse in your original point that I take issue with.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1
Suicidesoldier#1
dh8d1

I'm not "superior".

Deer eat grass, wolves eat deer, none of these things are "superior" to each other.

They do it to survive, because it's the natural course of things, not because it makes them better.

And where do, the wolves, and the deer, and the bears go when it's all over?

Back to the ground, in plants.

Who's superior to whom; no-one, it's all one big circle.

Also you could use fiber glass.

6 times stronger than wood and silica is everywhere.

If we were really superior, we wouldn't need to kill anything and we could survive; we could just extract nutrients from the ground and recycle it to survive.

Instead we're so weak we have to resorting creatures that did that for us, and we kill what allows us to survive in the process.
The natural course of things is for you to eat other things. You do it because subconsciously you value your own life as superior to the life of the thing you eat. Stop pretending it isn't true.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Fermionic
your unsourced assertion of... apparent invincibility against other organisms.
Let me know when you actually understand the words coming from my posts. When you do, you'll stop strawmaning my arguments and actually refute them.

Wait, you can't.

We all eat.
We all eat other things
The vast majority of the time we eat other things we kill them to do it.
When we kill something to eat it we imply superiority to the thing we kill because we think we deserve to eat more than that thing deserves to live.

These are irrefutable facts. If you don't understand them, then you need to learn more. If you understand them and try to refute them, you're delusional.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff