Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think so. I don't get why people believe we're better. We destroy the world while animals and plants give it balance. We take while they give. We're either equal to them, or inferior.

Hilarious Prophet

You make each day a special day just by being you.
Maybe your definition of "equal" differs from mine.

You've got to elaborate. Are we talking about equality (status, nature, mind, etc.) in general or just in terms of our impact on Earth? Because having better abilities to destroy would make us superior, as our society teaches us.

If animals and plants ever grow into intellect akin to ours, the probability that they'd start sacrificing the good of the world for their own comfort is high.
Triple Dare

You've got to elaborate. Are we talking about equality (status, nature, mind, etc.) in general or just in terms of our impact on Earth? Because having better abilities to destroy would make us superior, as our society teaches us.

If animals and plants ever grow into intellect akin to ours, the probability that they'd start sacrificing the good of the world for their own comfort is high.

The ability to destroy shouldn't make us better than others. It should make us inferior. Peace and beauty should rule, not destruction.

I'm talking about being equal in all ways, fundamentally and organically.
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

The ability to destroy shouldn't make us better than others. It should make us inferior. Peace and beauty should rule, not destruction.

I don't even . . .

Except for a single fact that all living beings share (want for further survival—and all that it encompasses), I can't think of anything that could possibly group plants and humans together. We live on different planes of existence.

Peace and beauty? That would be a very boring world. Our instincts cry for conflict. We must listen. If only peace existed, all these wonderful books that I enjoy wouldn't have been written. I don't want flowering guides. I want war and murder!
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

I don't even . . .

Except for a single fact that all living beings share (want for further survival—and all that it encompasses), I can't think of anything that could possibly group plants and humans together. We live on different planes of existence.

Peace and beauty? That would be a very boring world. Our instincts cry for conflict. We must listen. If only peace existed, all these wonderful books that I enjoy wouldn't have been written. I don't want flowering guides. I want war and murder!

Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.

Hilarious Prophet

tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

I don't even . . .

Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.
Before you cast judgement please try hard to someone with all of your ability.
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

I don't even . . .

And now you're insulting me. Also, probably, telling me to invent a time machine? It's a good goal.

On a side-note: Embrace the dark side! Does it feel good? ******** peace, right? Who needs it.
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

I don't even . . .

And now you're insulting me. Also, probably, telling me to invent a time machine? It's a good goal.

On a side-note: Embrace the dark side! Does it feel good? ******** peace, right? Who needs it.

The 140 billion animals who are dying every year for meat need it. What if you were a meat animal? Would you 'embrace the dark side' of humans who slaughter you?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity
No. That's why I'm soon to qualify as a doctor and not a vet. And I would much rather make charitable donations to benefit humans than animals. Now that doesn't mean I don't care about animals at all; particularly in medical research I'm both glad and I understand how important it is first hand that studies adhere to the UK Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 to maintain appropriate ethical standards, minimise the suffering of animals and ensure they are treated humanely. But I couldn't possibly prioritise a cat down at my local shelter over starving child in Africa, let alone put them in the same league.
Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Hilarious Prophet

Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

I don't even . . .

Peace means far more than the opposite of war.
tfwbtr
I think so. I don't get why people believe we're better. We destroy the world while animals and plants give it balance. We take while they give. We're either equal to them, or inferior.

I'm a vegan so I would have to say that yes I believe animals are equal to humans. Plants, I'm not so sure about, but I do not place humans on a higher plateau from other members of the animal kingdom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff