Welcome to Gaia! ::

Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

But it is our hand that feeds them half the time

Yeah, so we can fatten them up and slaughter them horribly.

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
Humans are above animals ans plants. Humans have built up the world, taken control of it, guided its history and even dominated other animals and plants. To say they are equal to us is a betrayal of humanity

To say that we're better than plants and animals is to bite the hand that feeds us.

If it is their lot in life to die and become our food, then so be it

Chatty Noob

If that was the case, everyone would starve from morality

Fanatical Zealot

Sure, but that doesn't mean we don't eat them.

That is, not until we can reach a state we don't have to.
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven

Humans are so selfish.

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven

Humans are so selfish.

Right, because selfishness is measured by whether or not a person eats meat. Oh, well. For al the bad things in the world, there are still many good things

Fanatical Zealot

Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven

Actually I believe it is the ground and tractors. xp

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
Maybe your definition of "equal" differs from mine.

You've got to elaborate. Are we talking about equality (status, nature, mind, etc.) in general or just in terms of our impact on Earth? Because having better abilities to destroy would make us superior, as our society teaches us.

If animals and plants ever grow into intellect akin to ours, the probability that they'd start sacrificing the good of the world for their own comfort is high.

The ability to destroy shouldn't make us better than others. It should make us inferior. Peace and beauty should rule, not destruction.

I'm talking about being equal in all ways, fundamentally and organically.

I don't even . . .

Except for a single fact that all living beings share (want for further survival—and all that it encompasses), I can't think of anything that could possibly group plants and humans together. We live on different planes of existence.

Peace and beauty? That would be a very boring world. Our instincts cry for conflict. We must listen. If only peace existed, all these wonderful books that I enjoy wouldn't have been written. I don't want flowering guides. I want war and murder!

Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.

Insulting someone? Isn't that a violent tendency?

Sounds like someone doesn't quite understand how to be peaceful.
Dion Necurat
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

You've got to elaborate. Are we talking about equality (status, nature, mind, etc.) in general or just in terms of our impact on Earth? Because having better abilities to destroy would make us superior, as our society teaches us.

If animals and plants ever grow into intellect akin to ours, the probability that they'd start sacrificing the good of the world for their own comfort is high.

The ability to destroy shouldn't make us better than others. It should make us inferior. Peace and beauty should rule, not destruction.

I don't even . . .

Except for a single fact that all living beings share (want for further survival—and all that it encompasses), I can't think of anything that could possibly group plants and humans together. We live on different planes of existence.

Peace and beauty? That would be a very boring world. Our instincts cry for conflict. We must listen. If only peace existed, all these wonderful books that I enjoy wouldn't have been written. I don't want flowering guides. I want war and murder!

Then you're barbaric. GO back to the dark ages, and leave this world for those who give a s**t.

Even the most peaceful people condemn those murder.

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
tfwbtr
Dion Necurat
tfwbtr
Triple Dare
tfwbtr
Triple Dare

I don't even . . .

Actually, a person that puts peace over war would not promote the idea of murder.

If you haven't already dug yourself a hole...you did so when you essentially told someone to go off themselves.

Aged Lunatic

Nature has overseen more and greater killing fields than man has, or ever will hope, to match. I do not feel in the least bit inferior after seeing what animals do to each other.

Aged Lunatic

tfwbtr

Then go take it up with nature as well. The ability to destroy is what sets the snake above the mouse, the wolves above the deer, and the hyenas above the gazelle.

If you are weak or stupid, nature kills you. Flat out.

Aged Lunatic

tfwbtr

The 140 billion animals who are dying every year for meat need it. What if you were a meat animal? Would you 'embrace the dark side' of humans who slaughter you?

Sure would. I'd act just like, say, chickens do and stab my neighbors in the head constantly with my nice sharp beak just to let them know who rules this particular patch of dirt. Where do you think the word "pecking order" comes from, toots?

As for the bigger guys, they already do also. Go out into the savannah and try to play hippie love fest with a pride of lions or a puff adder, see what happens to you...

Aged Lunatic

tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven
tfwbtr
Queen Shining Heaven

As opposed to the nice death that animals give each other by tearing out throats and hamstrings, crushing them in their mouths, injecting venom that disintegrates their organs or suffocates them from the inside out, or literally running them to death.

Aged Lunatic

tfwbtr

Murder is a legal term. No laws were being broke in eating meat, so it's not murder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff