Welcome to Gaia! ::

This topic.

It's not often that one sees rage of such caliber.....it's beautiful.... 0.2 20.0% [ 10 ]
******** you, a*****e. 0.06 6.0% [ 3 ]
Wow, Jesus of NAZARETH, will you calm down?! 0.06 6.0% [ 3 ]
I get what you're saying, but maybe tone down the anger? 0.02 2.0% [ 1 ]
NOT ALL FEMINISTS ARE LIKE THAT BAAAAAWWWWW 0.04 4.0% [ 2 ]
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate....leads to suffering...! A path to the Dark Side, that is! 0.12 12.0% [ 6 ]
Other. 0.08 8.0% [ 4 ]
I hope someone rips you a new one. 0.06 6.0% [ 3 ]
I AGREE COMPLETELY. 0.36 36.0% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

and anyways the clothing and his 'achievements' are separate things. just because some people don't like his shirt doesn't mean they don't care about scientific achievement. you are equating the 2 things yourself.
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
User Image

is this image/person really trying to compare complaining about images that objectify women to rape? because they are not familiar in the slightest. neutral

Cept people like you were trying to get this guy fired from his job after he made a scientific achievement. Sound like an extremely bad event that can be almost as bad as rape to me. The most ******** up part about this whole thing is that he can't sue those people bitching at him about his shirt.

i wasn't trying to get him fired...i simply stated that i think he should be fired. i already said i don't care about this scientific "achievement" and they are wasting taxpayer money.

>Sound like an extremely bad event that can be almost as bad as rape to me.

i believe we should have basic income anyways. the only reason it's that bad is because you probably still believe our capitalist system is efficient and everyone needs a job to live.

Same thing. Thanks for admitting that you would put your own feelings of sexism ahead of scientific achievement, especially when those achievements pave the way to a better future.

Are you going to the church of feminism tomorrow?

not all scientific "achievement" necessarily pave the way to a better future

see: science experiments done during ww2

And not all ideologies are very good, like when feminists use taxpayer money to fight violence against women but not against men.

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Didn't the guy's girlfriend actually make the shirt for him?
toasega
If getting drunk strips away all your inhibitions and destroys all self-control, I might just go out there and beat the hell out of some poor random b*****d......

That isn't what happens.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Ice Dervish
Can we please just make one anti feminist thread that all of you can post in? I keep clicking on topics thinking they will be something interesting and different but they always end up being anti feminism threads in disguise. RIP thread variety.

On topic with this, who the ******** cares? They're going to make a stink over everything they can, it's what they do. You're better off ignoring the Tumblerina's and focusing on the good things about this stuff. You're a really weak minded person if you're allowing a bunch of retarded mouth breathing SJW's who b***h about a shirt to turn you from appreciating something cool.

So basically you're telling me to not get upset over something I saw online while you yourself are proceeding to get upset over this ONLINE thread?

And while I don't normally pay attention to things like that, I found out about it from this very ED, and it was something that really caught me off guard, because I knew humans could be stupid, but I never knew HOW stupid. So yeah, this makes me upset. No, it hasn't made me stop appreciating what has happened, like, how could you even think that? The whole thing I was saying was how can anyone look at something that is, to me, a work of art, and to the world, a huge step forward, and then decide to do THIS?

And I can't help but think that there are people who actually see nothing wrong with making this sort of behavior and absurd, blind accusatory nature their entire life's work, and yes, it does make me very angry. If you want to call me weak minded for having emotions or getting angry (I have completely legitimate reasons for being angry), so be it.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Fermionic
toasega
If getting drunk strips away all your inhibitions and destroys all self-control, I might just go out there and beat the hell out of some poor random b*****d......

That isn't what happens.

What does happen?
the reverend silver
I'm not really impressed with your s**t but good job finding all those shiny internet pictures and videos. I mean, ******** sake, you're the one that legitimizes these people with your rage, they're obviously just ******** retarded first world babbies.

PS. Why would you land a spaceship on a ******** comet of all things?

You try aligning a spacecraft on a small ice cube being hurled at the sun at millions of miles per hour and land land it.
toasega
Fermionic
toasega

That isn't what happens.

What does happen?

Everything becomes more entertaining that it would have been, you become a conversational wizard (if you weren't already), and you have a wonderful evening, if you do not drink an excessive amount.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
sitting cow
and anyways the clothing and his 'achievements' are separate things. just because some people don't like his shirt doesn't mean they don't care about scientific achievement. you are equating the 2 things yourself.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

No, they are equating the two things, proclaiming that they "don't care" that he "landed a spacecraft on a comet," because that fact is trumped by the fact that his "shirt is sexist."

Further, by calling this "one small step for man, three steps back for humankind," they are creating an exact metric by which the two things can be equated, with this one shirt choice being worth fully as much as three scientific advancements.
Keltoi Samurai
sitting cow

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

No, they are equating the two things, proclaiming that they "don't care" that he "landed a spacecraft on a comet," because that fact is trumped by the fact that his "shirt is sexist."

Further, by calling this "one small step for man, three steps back for humankind," they are creating an exact metric by which the two things can be equated, with this one shirt choice being worth fully as much as three scientific advancements.

is that even representative of most people complaining about the shirt? please don't lump them all together. and i don't see where it says they don't care about the comet landing, because of the shirt. maybe they wouldn't have cared about it regardless.

>Further, by calling this "one small step for man, three steps back for humankind," they are creating an exact metric by which the two things can be equated, with this one shirt choice being worth fully as much as three scientific advancements.

you're reaching. they were just trying to be witty there is how i see it. i don't think that statement was meant to be taken too seriously.
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R

Cept people like you were trying to get this guy fired from his job after he made a scientific achievement. Sound like an extremely bad event that can be almost as bad as rape to me. The most ******** up part about this whole thing is that he can't sue those people bitching at him about his shirt.

i wasn't trying to get him fired...i simply stated that i think he should be fired. i already said i don't care about this scientific "achievement" and they are wasting taxpayer money.

i believe we should have basic income anyways. the only reason it's that bad is because you probably still believe our capitalist system is efficient and everyone needs a job to live.

Same thing. Thanks for admitting that you would put your own feelings of sexism ahead of scientific achievement, especially when those achievements pave the way to a better future.

And not all ideologies are very good, like when feminists use taxpayer money to fight violence against women but not against men.

i think you just proved my point here
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R

Of course I did. I proved that you're a misandrist.
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R

why would my point be that i'm a misandrist?
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R
sitting cow
Yobyaxes R

why would my point be that i'm a misandrist?

Cause you proved it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces