Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Authorities say a Florida pastor's daughter who was accidentally shot in the head in a church died Saturday at a hospital.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says 20-year-old Hannah Kelley was pronounced dead at about 10:20 a.m. Saturday at Bayfront Medical Center. An autopsy is pending.

Kelley had been hospitalized since Feb. 12, when she was struck in the head by a bullet at Grace Connection Church in St. Petersburg, where her father Tim Kelley is pastor.

Investigators have said Moises Zambrana was showing his gun in a small closet to another church member interested in buying a firearm. The St. Petersburg Times reports (http://bit.ly/w9KoLn ) that the other church member, Dustin Bueller, was Hannah Kelley's fiancée.

Zambrana reportedly removed the magazine from the Ruger 9mm weapon but did not know that a round was still in the chamber. The gun went off, firing a bullet through a wall. Kelley was struck in the head.

The sheriff's office says detectives are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-20-dies-freak-fla-church-shooting-231830903.html

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. Christians owning weapon(s), bringing said weapon(s) into a church, having a license to own a gun but not knowing anything about it.
rizuhbull
Quote:
Authorities say a Florida pastor's daughter who was accidentally shot in the head in a church died Saturday at a hospital.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says 20-year-old Hannah Kelley was pronounced dead at about 10:20 a.m. Saturday at Bayfront Medical Center. An autopsy is pending.

Kelley had been hospitalized since Feb. 12, when she was struck in the head by a bullet at Grace Connection Church in St. Petersburg, where her father Tim Kelley is pastor.

Investigators have said Moises Zambrana was showing his gun in a small closet to another church member interested in buying a firearm. The St. Petersburg Times reports (http://bit.ly/w9KoLn ) that the other church member, Dustin Bueller, was Hannah Kelley's fiancée.

Zambrana reportedly removed the magazine from the Ruger 9mm weapon but did not know that a round was still in the chamber. The gun went off, firing a bullet through a wall. Kelley was struck in the head.

The sheriff's office says detectives are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. Christians owning weapon(s), bringing said weapon(s) into a church, having a license to own a gun but not knowing anything about it.

Nothing wrong with Christians owning weapons. Carrying it to church? Yeah...we have two geniuses here who really don't help the human race.
i tell you

wallhax destroy every good game
Old Blue Collar Joe
rizuhbull
Quote:

Nothing wrong with Christians owning weapons. Carrying it to church? Yeah...we have two geniuses here who really don't help the human race.
Because this thread is going to confront this argument anyway; why is it ok for Christians to own weapon(s)? I know God was/is a horrible deity, but Jesus spoke against violence. Did he not?

Adored Admirer

That doesn't mean Americans are stupid.
rizuhbull
Old Blue Collar Joe
rizuhbull
Quote:

Because this thread is going to confront this argument anyway; why is it ok for Christians to own weapon(s)? I know God was/is a horrible deity, but Jesus spoke against violence. Did he not?

You want a religious debate, go to the religious subforum. God nor Jesus never told their followers to disarm themselves and simply be a victim.
Violence for the sake of violence is a no-no. Self defense is an entirely different matter, and yes, I carry.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
rizuhbull
Old Blue Collar Joe
rizuhbull
Quote:

Of course he did, but he said nothing about owning weapons. People may have weapons for various reasons, some people want guns for protection
americans are stupid in general. the ppl in the link more so.
The Childllike Empress

Yeah...and you just proved you're not even a decent troll.
Pseudo-Onkelos

Adored Admirer

Shz
Pseudo-Onkelos

I didn't write that. If you have an unsupported opinion, use your own words.
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Childllike Empress

i am not trolling. i agree with the op. i have the right to voice my view of the average american citizen. there has bn various polls showing how low the american school system and test are compared to other 1st world governments. the U.S. is at the bottom with various 3rd world countries. The U.S. maintains its academic edge by hiring outside intellectuals through various immigrations programs which allows them to become U.S. citizens relatively easy compared to other immigrants.

The U.S. is a brain drain country. we buy and siphon ppl from other countries into ours.

so, yeh, americans are stupid.
The Childllike Empress
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Childllike Empress

i am not trolling. i agree with the op. i have the right to voice my view of the average american citizen. there has bn various polls showing how low the american school system and test are compared to other 1st world governments. the U.S. is at the bottom with various 3rd world countries. The U.S. maintains its academic edge by hiring outside intellectuals through various immigrations programs which allows them to become U.S. citizens relatively easy compared to other immigrants.

The U.S. is brain drain country. we buy and siphon ppl from other countries into ours.

You can state your opinion. That's fine. Just remember to do a search for who creates what and such. I've been around the globe a time or two, and got bad news for ya. Stupid doesn't have a nationality.
The Childllike Empress
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Childllike Empress

The U.S. is brain drain country. we buy and siphon ppl from other countries into ours.

Been doing this a while, too. I think they called Einstein an American at one point.
Dostya
The Childllike Empress
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Childllike Empress

Been doing this a while, too. I think they called Einstein an American at one point.
I'm American and I'm smrt as a whip.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces