Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pitbulls are dangerous dogs

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 26, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Pitbull hatrid is something the media have pushed to the utmost. Why? Because it gets people emotional, thereby selling papers and getting high ratings in "When Animals Attack" kind of shows. A pitbull raised with love and kindness is no different from any other dog, but the ones that are sadly kept for fighting ARE dangerous and its the owners faults! Some people disgust me, taking pleasure in messing up animals for life and taking pleasure in watching them tear each other apart. And they only do it to please the owner!
[sarcasm] I saw a pitbull bite someone once! That makes them all a menace to society! Let's all go get our shotguns and wipe out the entire breed![/sarcasm]

Come on. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. A dog is only as bad as it's owner. It brings up the entier issue of nature vs. nurture. And I'm sorry to say for those of who who support the nature argument, but viscious dogs aren't born, they're raised. When pitbulls are mistreated, like so many of them are, then the fault falls on the owner for the dogs aggressive attitude. When a dog of any kind attacks anyone, it is rarley ever without provocation of some kind.

Wiping out an entire breed of dog does nothing but say "We're superior to you, we don't like you, lets kill you" stare Then again, there are a lot of people who think like that unfortunatley.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11454716/ <-----says it all.
Pitbulls actually have a lower rate of biting you then many other dogs.
It's just a bad reputation they have and the way their owners treat them.
Silence Angel
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11454716/ <-----says it all.
Pitbulls actually have a lower rate of biting you then many other dogs.
It's just a bad reputation they have and the way their owners treat them.

Most people I see saying the pitbulls are getting a bad rap arent taking into account the hipocracy of the statement because they turn around and spout about how its all the owners. That is very untrue considering dogs were bred specifically for different purposes.

The Scotty has very tough and loose skin, mor suseptable to bites from a sharp toothed animal like a badger... but they werent initially like that. People bred them to specifications for hunting.

Pit Bulls are the same, whether you wanna believe it or not behavior can be bred and changed. Pit bulls were bred aggressive and used in fight for many years (they still are today but its illegal).
There's no such thing as a particularly agressive species of dog. I know a kindly pitbull that wouldnt hurt a fly. It just proves that pitbulls aren't evil, its just the owner that trains them to be aggresive.
The problem really isn't the pit bulls so much as the owners. Many people buy pit bulls for the sole purpose of dog fighting. What do you think would happen if a fighting dog and sweet little kid meet?

Also, they were not bred as lap dogs. Most owners cannot provide the training necessary for keeping their dogs under control.
You should blame the owner. Not a certain breed of dog.
Of course not. that is horrible. The owner is to blame. While pitbulls tend to be a bit more prone to violence, that can be contained. The dog should not be killed.
It all depends on how you raised the dog, if you raised it to basicly be a lap dog, it will be mostly harmless, you might get the ocasional acident of playing with it a little too hard and geting bitten a little hard, or you could raise it to be a killer. This sorta thing aplies to all breads, you could have a totaly docile saint banard, or a killer baset hound. It really all depends on how you raise the dog.

Shy Genius

As a owner of various pitbulls, and have researched stuff, here goes:

*Pitbulls aren't vicious. Its how they grew up. Same with kids. It you beat a kid constantly, that kid will probably abuse his wife, kids, etc.

*All pitbulls I have ever owned were nice. Pits have a bad rep. Pits, Rotweilers, and German Shepards are also a part of theis cycle. 1 dog bites 1 person and they are vicious animals. How about instead of wasting the needles on dogs.. we put them to good use.... like using them on bad people?
All dogs are dangerous, if they are raised that way, you cant blame the dog, you blame the owner, since pit bulls are good fighter, the owner probably raised that way...And what was that little girl doin near that dog anyway... i think someones parent were being irresponsible for that to happen...
Thratos
Throw the dog in prison with cannibals, blood bath. =P Why? Both like biting, both are a danger to society, both need to learn a lesson. In overview opinion, I think ALL pitbulls should be killed, they're a danger to society, and just plain useless. Security? I'm surprised it didn't bite the owner yet.

I also think the owner was being an idiot to let the dog 'hang around' when he knows pitbulls like to kill because they're killing machines, so I think the owner should be charged...or put in a cell with the pitbull and the cannibals. =P

Good Day,

~Thratos

its not the dogs fault its the owners a dog is not born mean its how it was raised if it was raised mean,it will be mean
yes and no pitbull's have bad tempures but its the person who raised them but I dont think we should put down them like sharks attacked humans witch they do that dosnt mean we should try to kill all sharks
mord_sith
Any dog can be dangerous. Just like people, a dog's behavior and aggression is based on the way it has been raised. You can't condemn an entire breed because of a few.

You took the word right out of my mouth. 3nodding

Fashionable Duck

Elvendra
mord_sith
Any dog can be dangerous. Just like people, a dog's behavior and aggression is based on the way it has been raised. You can't condemn an entire breed because of a few.

I agree. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

I totally agree...it is the fault of the owner if a dog is that agressive. Unless the dog is rabid there is no other reason for it to react in that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff