Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pitbulls are dangerous dogs

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 26, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

I heard about a pitbull attacking a little girl and it ripped off her bottom lip.... gonk *shivers* Well now they're saying pitbulls are not safe dogs and should be put down. Does everyone agree with this? I think it's the owners fault! They should keep an eye on the dog. Plus they could be abusing the dog so..I dunno what to choose..kill the dog...charge the owner..kill the dog? sweatdrop or charge the owner blaugh
Any dog can be dangerous. Just like people, a dog's behavior and aggression is based on the way it has been raised. You can't condemn an entire breed because of a few.
mord_sith
Any dog can be dangerous. Just like people, a dog's behavior and aggression is based on the way it has been raised. You can't condemn an entire breed because of a few.

I agree. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.
put the owner down

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
Some are ok, but that number is minisule. D:
Throw the dog in prison with cannibals, blood bath. =P Why? Both like biting, both are a danger to society, both need to learn a lesson. In overview opinion, I think ALL pitbulls should be killed, they're a danger to society, and just plain useless. Security? I'm surprised it didn't bite the owner yet.

I also think the owner was being an idiot to let the dog 'hang around' when he knows pitbulls like to kill because they're killing machines, so I think the owner should be charged...or put in a cell with the pitbull and the cannibals. =P

Good Day,

~Thratos
It's rediculous, but the amount of pittbull attacks are a pretty large number since they're such an unpredictable dog. You could raise one it's whole life and it'll tear you to pieces one day, but that doesn't just happen with pitt's, it happens with rotweilers, chow's, poodles, chihuahua's, etc. Any dog can do it, so to put them all down would be a rediculous mistake.
Surprising, how people like to intimidate the dogs first.. stare
mord_sith

Very true. Weiner dogs have attacked people, but people notice pitbulls more because of their bad reputation.
Definately not. There are ones that aren't ferocious out there at all, and any dog can go and bite you. It doesn't solve anything.
I think it's natural for pitpulls to be defensive, but I don't think they'd just attack a child unless:
a.The child was provoking it in some way (i.e.teasing it, throwing objects at it, hitting it, etc), whether she knew she was or not, seeing as she was only two.
b.The dog grew up in a disfunctional surrounding. That's usually the case as to why most vicious animals grow up that way. The owners either train them to be dangerous or they mistreat them.

So all in all, not ALL pitbulls should be put down. My father has a pitbull, and it's one of the most loveable dogs you'll ever see! It loves attention, and was even raised around my two younger brothers, even as babies.
Of course not! That would be awful, like genocide!

Just because one dog bit a girl's lower lip off doesn't mean the entire breed is evil. My friend has a pitbull, and I love that dog ... it's so cute and friendly and nice!

But yeah. I strongly disagree.
Thratos
Throw the dog in prison with cannibals, blood bath. =P Why? Both like biting, both are a danger to society, both need to learn a lesson. In overview opinion, I think ALL pitbulls should be killed, they're a danger to society, and just plain useless. Security? I'm surprised it didn't bite the owner yet.

I also think the owner was being an idiot to let the dog 'hang around' when he knows pitbulls like to kill because they're killing machines, so I think the owner should be charged...or put in a cell with the pitbull and the cannibals. =P

Good Day,

~Thratos

Your post was almost like a satire... You know, so absolutely ridiculous that it actually becomes amusing.
I'm sure a mass cull would go down brilliantly with their owners. Imagine having your dog kidnapped and put down just for being a certain breed. Your dog could have been the friendliest thing ever. It has happened in the UK a few times. People's dogs have been taken and destroyed. It's so sad. Anyone with a dog knows how much you consider them part of your family and how attached you grow to them.
you cant just blame a dog for how it is raised shure some of them are bad temperd and violent but so are people so why do people hate all pitbulls

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff