Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

How about...

Really fake? User Image
Suicidesoldier#1
Swashbuckles
Aliens probably exist. The universe is very, very old so they could exist as a much more advanced race than we are even. We are still just babies after all 3nodding but they could also just be tiny living organisms. The possibilities are endless here.

Anyone who plays Spore knows that planets that are the perfect distance from the sun are appropriate for holding life, and those that are not can be terraformed if they possess the technology to do so. There are many more suns besides our own, and there are many more planets that are in this hot-spot. Mars is also at a perfect distance from the sun, hence why we all had suspicions that it held life. Most likely, though we would have to travel out of our galaxy and into others.

Stephen Hawking even agrees that aliens probably exist, anyone who is interested should watch "Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking" let the smartest man alive tell you how it is lol I loved it actually. Really interesting, and I love me some Stephen Hawking.

Stephen hawking went back on a lot of what he said.

Also, Alien contact would vary- if they were intergalactic space pirates they might attack us, if entire civilians probs not.

And what specifically did he go back on, may I ask?

Fanatical Zealot

Swashbuckles
Suicidesoldier#1
Swashbuckles
Aliens probably exist. The universe is very, very old so they could exist as a much more advanced race than we are even. We are still just babies after all 3nodding but they could also just be tiny living organisms. The possibilities are endless here.

Anyone who plays Spore knows that planets that are the perfect distance from the sun are appropriate for holding life, and those that are not can be terraformed if they possess the technology to do so. There are many more suns besides our own, and there are many more planets that are in this hot-spot. Mars is also at a perfect distance from the sun, hence why we all had suspicions that it held life. Most likely, though we would have to travel out of our galaxy and into others.

Stephen Hawking even agrees that aliens probably exist, anyone who is interested should watch "Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking" let the smartest man alive tell you how it is lol I loved it actually. Really interesting, and I love me some Stephen Hawking.

Also, Alien contact would vary- if they were intergalactic space pirates they might attack us, if entire civilians probs not.

Well a lot to do with his theories on space and black holes.

He also has revised a lot of his philosophies too, taking a bit nicer approach, but most people usually do later on in their life.
Suicidesoldier#1
Swashbuckles
Suicidesoldier#1
Swashbuckles

He also has revised a lot of his philosophies too, taking a bit nicer approach, but most people usually do later on in their life.

Well black holes are a tricky topic that I myself never want to touch lol, I don't care about those so much as the fact that he said aliens probably exist simply because the universe is so great. That's what I agree with. Oh and the WOW numbers.

Fanatical Zealot

Swashbuckles
Suicidesoldier#1
Swashbuckles
Suicidesoldier#1
Swashbuckles

Well black holes are a tricky topic that I myself never want to touch lol, I don't care about those so much as the fact that he said aliens probably exist simply because the universe is so great. That's what I agree with. Oh and the WOW numbers.

Wow was a pretty fun game. blaugh
The Sky Does Not Bow
Such a bad movie. But at least the cartoon was amazing.

You should watch it again, you might have missed the point.
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
the way those stones are molded together can't be replicated on that scale even today in the amount of time that it was built back then. Someone else had something to do with it

A lot of it had to do with maneuvering already shaped rocks into position and then doing a little bit of carving.

I.E. the rocks were appropriately shaped as to make it easier. Just found a rock that looked like it would fit and wedged it in there, with a little bit of concrete stucko and some grinding and whatnot.
so your saying that there were thousands of these colossal stones just sitting around?

Yeah.

Where else do you think they got them from? Dig deep enough and practically everything is stone.

I mean look at all the marble in Roman buildings, or all the steel modern buildings are made out of.

It was just, laying around.
you can't compare marble to granite. Granite is cut with diamond and that's about it. And you need at least 20 men to move a 1 ton rock. The stones in peru weigh over thousands of tons. And they are fitted so perfectly together that no concrete or mortar was needed.

You can cut granite with, non diamonds pretty easy. O_o

How about with other granite?

In mean in 1832 a guy cut and polished granite.

Banging it with a granite block until it wedged into place was easy- carving it into a pretty statue or perfectly shaped blocks, not so much.
you miss the point tho. The tools these people were suppose to of had at there disposal the time frame in which they did it and the sheer scale of how they were suppose to have done it... You don't just smash a boulder weighing over a thousand tons into another and get the results they did and if you seriously believe that you can I'm ending this argument because I won't fight with ignorance.

Fanatical Zealot

Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
so your saying that there were thousands of these colossal stones just sitting around?

Yeah.

Where else do you think they got them from? Dig deep enough and practically everything is stone.

I mean look at all the marble in Roman buildings, or all the steel modern buildings are made out of.

you can't compare marble to granite. Granite is cut with diamond and that's about it. And you need at least 20 men to move a 1 ton rock. The stones in peru weigh over thousands of tons. And they are fitted so perfectly together that no concrete or mortar was needed.

Banging it with a granite block until it wedged into place was easy- carving it into a pretty statue or perfectly shaped blocks, not so much.
you miss the point tho. The tools these people were suppose to of had at there disposal the time frame in which they did it and the sheer scale of how they were suppose to have done it... You don't just smash a boulder weighing over a thousand tons into another and get the results they did and if you seriously believe

I imagine if it's a giant boulder you'd get results nice and fine.

And after a few hundred years the powdery dust stuff would just go away.
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer

Yeah.

you miss the point tho. The tools these people were suppose to of had at there disposal the time frame in which they did it and the sheer scale of how they were suppose to have done it... You don't just smash a boulder weighing over a thousand tons into another and get the results they did and if you seriously believe

you can not smash something that large into anything! and the power needed to move it? Ridicules! They tested the whole maybe they used other granite theory. The amount of time it would of taken to preform this feat to the perfection that they did it in along with the time it would take to move such boulders into position. Not possible without help.
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer

Yeah.

and yes there would be some kind of result but not the molded granite result that they got. start using your brain damn it and don't be so ignorant to the fact we most likely had help.

Fuzzy Bunny

I agree with the OP also. We certainly cannot be the ONLY life anywhere. That is not logical at all.

Fanatical Zealot

Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer

and yes there would be some kind of result but not the molded granite result that they got. start using your brain damn it and don't be so ignorant to the fact we most likely had help.

Um...

I bet they just grinded similarly shaped rocks with hundred's of thousands of people over 10's of years and then had decent maintenance.

Fanatical Zealot

Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer

you can not smash something that large into anything! and the power needed to move it? Ridicules! They tested the whole maybe they used other granite theory. The amount of time it would of taken to preform this feat to the perfection that they did it in along with the time it would take to move such boulders into position. Not possible without help.

You realize it took them like 50 years right?

And with a few thousand people it really wouldn't be that difficult.
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer

This is like fighting with a child. WHAT DON'T YOU GET! It takes AT LEAST twenty men to move a 1 ton rock. These stones I'm talking about weigh THOUSANDS OF TONS. 2000 ton boulder... That means they needed at least 40000 good strong men to move one boulder VERY SLOWLY. They may have done out in 50 years but that helps my point! They did it to fast. The distance they had to drag the stone combined with the crafting of it and the quarrying of it and the fact of getting them all to the top of a god damn mountain? 50 years isn't that long.

Fanatical Zealot

Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer
Suicidesoldier#1
Hohles-Feuer

This is like fighting with a child. WHAT DON'T YOU GET! It takes AT LEAST twenty men to move a 1 ton rock. These stones I'm talking about weigh THOUSANDS OF TONS. 2000 ton boulder... That means they needed at least 40000 good strong men to move one boulder VERY SLOWLY. They may have done out in 50 years but that helps my point! They did it to fast. The distance they had to drag the stone combined with the crafting of it and the quarrying of it and the fact of getting them all to the top of a god damn mountain? 50 years isn't that long.

There's lot of little stones too, I mean everywhere. There were a few big ones but who cares?

It's not like every one of them were.

They also had lots of rope and it took them tears sometimes to get rocks up the hill.

People obligatory duties would shift during these times, so it may have taken a lot of people.

They had like hundreds of thousands of people helping out. It's like saying the pyramids wasn't possible, clearly it was. Stacking stones on top of each other, something ancient people couldn't do? Please. Of course they could have.

BUT! One thing you have to consider is that along the way they'd probably develop techniques for getting it done faster. Usually people do. Once you get a system going you can get a lot faster.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff