Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Member

3nodding So I'm a touch curious what the ever skeptical ED thinks of this

Presume for an instant we are not in 2012 instead we are far in the future, one that more then likely possesses alien life as in non-humans. I highly doubt life would evolve so very different from us that one would not be able to pursue romantic relations with these beings. So we are assuming somewhere in the future there will be aliens like this for the purposes of this. It would be perfectly or at least mostly safe to have relations with them.

The real question now that all this is set up, do you think there would be regulations against or religions against pursuing this, these relations with aliens like so many issues of sex nowadays. If so why?
First of all, there is nothing to say that aliens should be at all similar to the intelligent life we have observed on planet Earth. Paraphrasing what other more intelligent than me people have said, it would be foolish to judge the limitations of life by using only one sample as reference.

But more onto the question itself; regulations against and the implications of ******** aliens.

I would be sure that the more conservative religious institutions would denounce it as nothing more than bestiality. It's just animals. Clever they may be, but they're not made in God's image, and are thus only animals. It very much depends on what kind of regulations there would be. Assuming we would have a social liberal and democratic society that decides the rules, there would be very few conceivable reasons for actual laws being made against intimate relations between humans and aliens. There would be complications of course as a matter of safety, possible mandatory screenings of sexually transmitted disease, but that's as far as I think it would go beyond the potential social taboo from the rest of society, but that's outside of the realms of the law & state.

That is, assuming we have a social liberal democratic order at the time humans and aliens can get engage in these kind of relations.

Ferocious Browser

Actually sexual relations might well be impossible. There is the case of a particular beetle in Australia (was taught this in school a while back, so the details are fuzzy sad ). Anyway, this beetle species had 2 populations that had recently been divided by a highway or a canal or something. One population the females like beetles with big horns and big penises, the other population had selection where being a small beetle was better and would let them live to reproductive age more successfully.

The 2 populations had such intense sexual selection that now the males from the side with the big penises cannot mate with the females from the other side because their hole isn't large enough and cannot possibly stretch (yay hard exosekeltons!).

Point: If they have exoskeletons, we might not be able to do anything at all.

Moving on, if we found squishy humanoids like us there might still be a bias against it just as there is a bias against having sex with great apes, no matter how alike we look or act.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Eveille
Actually sexual relations might well be impossible. There is the case of a particular beetle in Australia (was taught this in school a while back, so the details are fuzzy sad ). Anyway, this beetle species had 2 populations that had recently been divided by a highway or a canal or something. One population the females like beetles with big horns and big penises, the other population had selection where being a small beetle was better and would let them live to reproductive age more successfully.

The 2 populations had such intense sexual selection that now the males from the side with the big penises cannot mate with the females from the other side because their hole isn't large enough and cannot possibly stretch (yay hard exosekeltons!).

Moving on, if we found squishy humanoids like us there might still be a bias against it just as there is a bias against having sex with great apes, no matter how alike we look or act.

don't forget the possibility that their body chemistry might be sufficiently different from ours that our fluids might be toxic to them and theirs would be toxic to us . . .

. . . sorry, playing a lot of Mass Effect lately.

Ferocious Browser

Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

don't forget the possibility that their body chemistry might be sufficiently different from ours that our fluids might be toxic to them and theirs would be toxic to us . . .

Never played that game, but it is a possibly valid point anyway

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

I'm currently playing 2, and one of the romance options ( the one I'm going for ) is with an alien with a DNA structure so radically different from humans that fluid contact could be dangerous between the two.

there's another species with a similar genetic structure to the one I mentioned, and it's flat-out stated that if a human tried to eat the same food as them, it'd kill 'em, and likewise for the alien eating human food. even have to have different intoxicating beverages.

Ferocious Browser

Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

I'm currently playing 2, and one of the romance options ( the one I'm going for ) is with an alien with a DNA structure so radically different from humans that fluid contact could be dangerous between the two.

there's another species with a similar genetic structure to the one I mentioned, and it's flat-out stated that if a human tried to eat the same food as them, it'd kill 'em, and likewise for the alien eating human food. even have to have different intoxicating beverages.

Well if the OPs hypothetical aliens were that toxic I don't think there would be any laws passed to prevent sexual relations; just like I don't think there are current laws against trying to ******** a shark or a tiger or a wolverine. Seems like in reality, where you could actually come to harm, it would be a non-issue legally and socially.
I generally believe that extremely intelligent species must be bipedal, and have a humanoid skeletal structure to survive physical conflicts and use tools.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

Well if the OPs hypothetical aliens were that toxic I don't think there would be any laws passed to prevent sexual relations; just like I don't think there are current laws against trying to ******** a shark or a tiger or a wolverine. Seems like in reality, where you could actually come to harm, it would be a non-issue legally and socially.

keep in mind, though, there ARE those as endeavor to ******** sharks, squid and even jellyfish

Ferocious Browser

Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

keep in mind, though, there ARE those as endeavor to ******** sharks, squid and even jellyfish

That's uh... yea. >_>

I hadn't heard of such people and now I am little sad. However, the point still stands, I think they are rare enough now and would be rare enough then that formal legislation and social pressure wouldn't be required.

Hopefully.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

That's uh... yea. >_>

I hadn't heard of such people and now I am little sad. However, the point still stands, I think they are rare enough now and would be rare enough then that formal legislation and social pressure wouldn't be required.

Hopefully.

except you forget the part where I pointed out that, in this game, I'm romancing one of those aliens what could be toxic, and I've heard from others that this particular alien is probably the most common romance option in Mass Effect 2

Ferocious Browser

Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

That's uh... yea. >_>

Hopefully.

except you forget the part where I pointed out that, in this game, I'm romancing one of those aliens what could be toxic, and I've heard from others that this particular alien is probably the most common romance option in Mass Effect 2

Yea, but that's a game, you can choose to satisfy you curiosity about endings and cutscenes and there are no consequences; you can just start over and over.

If this were real life would you truly choose to screw a toxic alien that could result in your death? O_o I wouldn't.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

That's uh... yea. >_>

Hopefully.

Yea, but that's a game, you can choose to satisfy you curiosity about endings and cutscenes and there are no consequences; you can just start over and over.

If this were real life would you truly choose to screw a toxic alien that could result in your death? O_o I wouldn't.

well, that depends . . . is she hot?

Ferocious Browser

Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille
Keltoi Samurai
Eveille

That's uh... yea. >_>

Hopefully.

well, that depends . . . is she hot?

emotion_sweatdrop lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas