Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
This is ******** sick!
It's bad enough people kill their babies in the womb, but it's doubly evil to kill it after birth. I still think anyone stupid enough to kill a baby, either before or after birth, should be killed themselves, see how they like it. Besides, it's you're own ******** fault you got pregnant. Don't wanna get pregnant, don't have sex. Don't wanna get raped, stay out of shady places, and don't trust anyone.
Honestly, it should be mandatory to abort or later euthanise individuals born with such crippling conditions as downs syndrome lest they waste more of the worlds precious resources while giving nothing back.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Insurpassableineptitude
Honestly, it should be mandatory to abort or later euthanise individuals born with such crippling conditions as downs syndrome lest they waste more of the worlds precious resources while giving nothing back.
Then we can start by aborting you for you inhumanity for wanting to kill babies
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

Fortunately I contribute so no, however you may euthanise anyone else inhuman with an IQ of less than 100.
However I would be wary, as things do not bode well for someone who does not differentiate between euthanasia and abortion.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

Fortunately I contribute so no, however you may euthanise anyone else inhuman with an IQ of less than 100.
However I would be wary, as things do not bode well for someone who does not differentiate between euthanasia and abortion.
You want to kill babies, therefore, to save the babies, we should kill you instead.
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

You want to kill babies, therefore, to save the babies, we should kill you instead.

Only the sub human retard babies.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

No baby deserves to die for any reason. The only people, regarding abortion, who deserve to die, are the baby killers and those who support them
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

No baby deserves to die for any reason. The only people, regarding abortion, who deserve to die, are the baby killers and those who support them

Its not that they deserve to die, its just that they shouldn't really be allowed to live.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

Its not that they deserve to die, its just that they shouldn't really be allowed to live.
The only one who doesn't deserve to live is you

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude
Pro Life Nymph
Insurpassableineptitude

The only one who doesn't deserve to live is you

-sigh-

So I know we're more advanced, and above our primal urges and all that.. but when it comes down to it, nature set that child unworthy to live. That's something to think about.. Are we really helping ourselves as a species when we keep severely disabled people around?

And, Pro Life Nymph, I can see how passionately you feel about this. But are you really allowing yourself to step into a different pair of shoes and try to understand why anyone would want to consider something like that? (speaking of afterbirth abortion) It shouldn't be an easy choice for anyone to "abort" a newborn, but if they are told after that child is born that it will most likely only live a few years and have to go through surgeries. Or will be in a vegetative state for however long it lives. Perhaps it is more humane not to put anyone through that.

Another poster in here spoke of someone who found out their baby was going to be born with severe disabilities. She had two other children to think about and giving birth to someone that damaged would have hampered on her ability to care for the others. It might be outlandish now, to think of killing a newborn. And I will even agree and admit, I'm concerned about the line that could cross. Abortion is one thing, but essentially euthanizing a born person? But when I open up to really think about it, it could save so much hardship, pain, struggle on families. Early during pregnancy screenings don't always work. Some things, you just can't know till they're born.

Now as for the other proposal in that article, about using afterbirth abortion like regular abortion. I disagreed with that. You can't just go euthanizing a newborn because you can't afford to be a parent. That's something you definitely could have known before hand. And in worse case scenarios, there still is adoption.

Versatile Seeker

1,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
That article has been forwarded to the mothership, for the scenario wherein we need justification and outstanding reasons in order to annihilate all of humankind. At least, to shoot down Minerva and Giubilini by way of our happy fun space cannons.

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Wee Little
Kojima Michiyo
Wee Little
I have mixed feelings on things such as this. I have a friend (obviously shes an older woman) who had to go through such a decision. She was pregnant and her baby was showing signs of severe deformity and disability. The doctors said the child would never live a normal life or possibly even function on its own. It would essentially be a vegetable. She already had a family and 2 kids to care for and she didn't have the money to support a kid that required constant medical care so she made a major sacrifice and aborted the baby. In the end, she had to look out for those who were already living and had a potential future before them.

Many species kill their young whom they know will grow up with a deformity or disability so the concept of humans doing the same isn't too farfetched. Only difference is we are well aware of the potential that many disabled people have.

I mean, from the 60s and back, we had facilities and homes where people sent their disabled family members and children. They were abused, starved, and neglected, and many suffered greatly and some even died. If it was that against humane euthanasia, I'd choose the less painful route. But at the same time, you never know what potential this person holds. Not to mention, they're already in the world. Living, breathing, feeling, thinking, etc.

I feel your friend made the right decision. She had two other children, and a child with such a severe disability would have hampered on her ability to care for the others properly. With afterbirth abortion though, the idea is that if they miss something in those early screenings and don't find out until after the child is born that it will be exactly like you described for your friend. Then the parent could choose to "abort" it as well, using all the same reasons for getting a regular abortion.

I'm kinda surprised no one's made any mention of the Spartans or the movie 300. Long ago in those times, it wasn't unusual for people to kill their newborns if they weren't fit and healthy. Of course, back then it was more of a necessity than it is now. But think about that for a moment. Because the Spartans were they way they were, 300 soldiers were able to keep back thousands of enemies. Whether we want to admit it or not, it does hold our society back when we spend a lot of our time and resources helping those who nature deemed not really worthy to live. Then again, it's like it's in our nature to do that... we're weird animals.

Well if I recall the 300 spartans thing was only inspired by a fictional movie. But the Spartans were indeed brutes who focused on physical fitness and stamina. But we could have our reasons. We've over doubled the population of the Earth in 2 centuries. There's too many of us. Would aborting certain disabled new borns help this out? Or only strengthen our species and lead to a healthier race? Even though, no offense to those with disabilities, but they're probably statistically less likely to reproduce anyways...

We hold a greater bond with our children due to evolution. We have smaller heads compared to our earlier ancestors so we don't kill our mothers and break their hips on the way out of the womb, so we develop slower and have to be with our mothers a longer span of time. As soon as a child becomes competition for food, most species will then reject their children and send them on their way. Our species mothers now have to hold onto their children for 18 years, so their emotional bond with their child can surpass the fact that their child is categorized as an undesirable.

300 was based on historical truth, although it did leave out the fact there were a lot more helping them keep the Persians back. As far as how many Spartans there were, there were only 300 of them.

And actually, raising children until they're 18 is more of a modern day thing. Girls as young as maybe 14 use to be married off, starting their own families and running their own homes. We've made it longer. I'd say that maybe, based solely on nature, children would probably leave their parents sometime in their early teenaged years. Ya know, when the rebellion stage happens and they want their parents to "mind their own business."

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
This gives me the heebie-jeebies and reminds me of the case of Uzbekh women getting sterilized after delivering their babies without consent. That's a violation of human rights, plain and simple.
Kojima Michiyo
Wee Little
Kojima Michiyo
Wee Little
I have mixed feelings on things such as this. I have a friend (obviously shes an older woman) who had to go through such a decision. She was pregnant and her baby was showing signs of severe deformity and disability. The doctors said the child would never live a normal life or possibly even function on its own. It would essentially be a vegetable. She already had a family and 2 kids to care for and she didn't have the money to support a kid that required constant medical care so she made a major sacrifice and aborted the baby. In the end, she had to look out for those who were already living and had a potential future before them.

Many species kill their young whom they know will grow up with a deformity or disability so the concept of humans doing the same isn't too farfetched. Only difference is we are well aware of the potential that many disabled people have.

I mean, from the 60s and back, we had facilities and homes where people sent their disabled family members and children. They were abused, starved, and neglected, and many suffered greatly and some even died. If it was that against humane euthanasia, I'd choose the less painful route. But at the same time, you never know what potential this person holds. Not to mention, they're already in the world. Living, breathing, feeling, thinking, etc.

I feel your friend made the right decision. She had two other children, and a child with such a severe disability would have hampered on her ability to care for the others properly. With afterbirth abortion though, the idea is that if they miss something in those early screenings and don't find out until after the child is born that it will be exactly like you described for your friend. Then the parent could choose to "abort" it as well, using all the same reasons for getting a regular abortion.

I'm kinda surprised no one's made any mention of the Spartans or the movie 300. Long ago in those times, it wasn't unusual for people to kill their newborns if they weren't fit and healthy. Of course, back then it was more of a necessity than it is now. But think about that for a moment. Because the Spartans were they way they were, 300 soldiers were able to keep back thousands of enemies. Whether we want to admit it or not, it does hold our society back when we spend a lot of our time and resources helping those who nature deemed not really worthy to live. Then again, it's like it's in our nature to do that... we're weird animals.

Well if I recall the 300 spartans thing was only inspired by a fictional movie. But the Spartans were indeed brutes who focused on physical fitness and stamina. But we could have our reasons. We've over doubled the population of the Earth in 2 centuries. There's too many of us. Would aborting certain disabled new borns help this out? Or only strengthen our species and lead to a healthier race? Even though, no offense to those with disabilities, but they're probably statistically less likely to reproduce anyways...

We hold a greater bond with our children due to evolution. We have smaller heads compared to our earlier ancestors so we don't kill our mothers and break their hips on the way out of the womb, so we develop slower and have to be with our mothers a longer span of time. As soon as a child becomes competition for food, most species will then reject their children and send them on their way. Our species mothers now have to hold onto their children for 18 years, so their emotional bond with their child can surpass the fact that their child is categorized as an undesirable.

300 was based on historical truth, although it did leave out the fact there were a lot more helping them keep the Persians back. As far as how many Spartans there were, there were only 300 of them.

And actually, raising children until they're 18 is more of a modern day thing. Girls as young as maybe 14 use to be married off, starting their own families and running their own homes. We've made it longer. I'd say that maybe, based solely on nature, children would probably leave their parents sometime in their early teenaged years. Ya know, when the rebellion stage happens and they want their parents to "mind their own business."

Thats why I said we have to, laws make it so that children are legally dependent on their parents until 18. Even then, 13-16 years is a long time for an animal. A mother needs to have a strong bond to tolerate that.

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Wee Little
Kojima Michiyo

Thats why I said we have to, laws make it so that children are legally dependent on their parents until 18. Even then, 13-16 years is a long time for an animal. A mother needs to have a strong bond to tolerate that.

Agreed. We're also primates, and from what we've observed with most of them is that they're group/family oriented. So what I was saying above, while if we were still living like animals, teenagers may go on and mate and have their own babies, but it's likely we'd still remain in family groups anyway. I thought of this later after I responded to you earlier.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff