Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
I am not here to be a total sexist b***h. i am just a genuine girl, sitting down.. doing her own separate thing and seeing different opinions. I do not look at guys see there flaws i am just someone who keeps my distance. So please do not judge based on discussion.

So I just looked up an article on a forum website about people who get the jitters or and anxiety attack late at night just like I do every night. It was about fears, what people fear at night and it could always be outrageous if they wanted it to, it's always in our minds. What I found very common in these post of girls who have an anxiety issue were fear of men, boys.

Here:

A Woman's Worst Nightmare

Now I have had some very terrible experiences from men, older in there 40's and 50's and younger like my age. So all in honesty i find the hardest time connecting and knowing boys because i have that worry and i never have anything in common with then razz I have lots of terrible experiences but it's so long it's not worth going through it really.
What i am most afraid of is being sexually harassed and raped, smacked and punched by a men. I am small and not physically fit and so i am afraid of being taken away. I have told my father and brother my fears.. but to be really honest, i don't think a single guy or man will ever understand my fear of being so afraid of them. Now i am sure there are some good guys, i hope they come my way because i haven't met one.

So sure ask me a question. if it a simple respectful question, a question you want to have a actual conversation with me i will answer. but i will ignore questions that are disrespectful and something you may call a debate but i know it a fight.
Thee_Eau_de_Seduction
So I just looked up an article on a forum website about people who get the jitters or and anxiety attack late at night just like I do every night. It was about fears, what people fear at night and it could always be outrageous if they wanted it to, it's always in our minds. What I found very common in these post of girls who have an anxiety issue were fear of men, boys.

Here:

Now I have had some very terrible experiences from men, older in there 40's and 50's and younger like my age. So all in honesty i find the hardest time connecting and knowing boys because i have that worry and i never have anything in common with then razz I have lots of terrible experiences but it's so long it's not worth going through it really.
What i am most afraid of is being sexually harassed and raped, smacked and punched by a men. I am small and not physically fit and so i am afraid of being taken away. I have told my father and brother my fears.. but to be really honest, i don't think a single guy or man will ever understand my fear of being so afraid of them. Now i am sure there are some good guys, i hope they come my way because i haven't met one.

So sure ask me a question. if it a simple respectful question, a question you want to have a actual conversation with me i will answer. but i will ignore questions that are disrespectful and something you may call a debate but i know it a fight.

Where did this fear originate?

Why men specifically?

Does this extend into your love life(Don't answer if too personal)?
I'm captivated by the leap you make from an apparently common fear to all women living in fear.
Some fears are genuine, other fears are irrational. Living a life of fear isn't necessarily a good thing. A healthy dose of fear is fine, though, as it helps a person to be cautious.

And the thing about anxiety is that it can turn a genuine fear into something exaggerated and irrational, supposing that you have anxiety.

Greedy Consumer

Riahlize
I'm captivated by the leap you make from an apparently common fear to all women living in fear.
i too used to be annoyed by threads being misleading or inaccurate.

Distinct Phantom

To be honest, this is the first I've heard of this kind of fear on a large scale. And...wtf, you haven't met a single good guy? Oh, perhaps a guy that's flawless you mean? Yeah, not going to happen.
We Are Organisms
Riahlize

Yeah...it seems to be an enduring pet peeve of mine.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Christ the Holy Son
Thee_Eau_de_Seduction

Here:

Where did this fear originate?

Why men specifically?

Does this extend into your love life(Don't answer if too personal)?

The fear originated from a boy at school. It started there
Then it was older men who would bother me on the street when i was going to a job training.. it was random men, from all ages. I had to have a friend walk with me at those times, after a while i got so sick of it. It was some boys on the internet, that freaked me out.. lol i was off gaia for a long time xD i missed it too!
It was the mall, i learned to never smile so much. Someone told me, "Your smile is so beautiful, you shouldn't smile so much it could get you in trouble"

Why men specifically.
Well i would say men the most because of my experiences. Then girls.. too
girls are katty, girl to girl they always think your a competition. It takes time to find a girl were you really on the same level. So do boys to.. i just never ran into that

I never had a love life because of this. When i came close i moved away because they started freaking me out with out they approached me.. telling me to meet them at there house.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Riahlize

i will change the title.. it doesn't make sense does it xD

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
We Are Organisms
Riahlize

I am sorry, i will change the title. i don't want people to get annoyed

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
Weird thing is, I have an extreme distrust/bias against girls.
I've had too many be b******* to me, so I have grown to dislike the majority of them.

Interesting read, though.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Blade Dancer
To be honest, this is the first I've heard of this kind of fear on a large scale. And...wtf, you haven't met a single good guy? Oh, perhaps a guy that's flawless you mean? Yeah, not going to happen.

i don't understand how you can judge me when you don't know me
i couldn't make friends with guys because i couldn't particularly fit in.. so i have social problem as well. It's easy online..
it's also very embarrassing to guys to confront a guy.. i never know what the hell to say

Aged Lunatic

Oh I have fears too, fears aplenty, but they're not based on gender. Reading up on true crime accounts have shown me that women can be monsters just as surely as men.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
an aside . . . this Stephanie Dawn Kirk person . . . does anyone know where I can find more info on her?

Google just keeps showing me something about her being missing, something about custody of her daughter, and the article linked in the OP, meanwhile any talk of what she may or may not have done to be labeled "Men's Worst Nightmare" seems to all be censored out, with the exception of said link in the OP, which mentions it only as an aside, a setup to lead into a "kwicher bitchin" to men allwhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff