Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Mystic

the reverend silver
Aporeia
HMS Thunder Child
Aporeia
HMS Thunder Child
Aporeia
Could have fooled me with your... everything you've ever posted in this forum.
Ess Jay Double You. I always coordinate articles with the sounds of the acronym.

And for the record, I really hate it when people lump proponents for rights movements under one label for easy disregarding. It's especially annoying because it's the same garbage been going on forever.
But you don't support unique issues. You support most of the frivilous bullshit that is indicative of SJW nonsense. Your rhetoric is either Tumblr copypasta, or brainwashed in, with diction suggesting that you do not hold a unique or self-cultivated thought. You aggressively fit the profile, and have yet to present information that would suggest otherwise.
It always amuses me when the self-loathing transperson accuses me of being brainwashed.

heart
I'm not self-loathing, I'm transhumanist. My conditions and emotional inconveniences do not control me. If I am not in control, what is?

No one taught me this. There is no one to do the brainwashing.

You were always in control. Simultaneously, you cannot control your destiny.
I cannot (or, rather, should not) control others, but I can control my own choices. Alternatively, I can release control, and allow the exterior to exert its will upon my own. This is not control of course, this is choice of submission.
Aporeia
the reverend silver
Aporeia
HMS Thunder Child
Aporeia
But you don't support unique issues. You support most of the frivilous bullshit that is indicative of SJW nonsense. Your rhetoric is either Tumblr copypasta, or brainwashed in, with diction suggesting that you do not hold a unique or self-cultivated thought. You aggressively fit the profile, and have yet to present information that would suggest otherwise.
It always amuses me when the self-loathing transperson accuses me of being brainwashed.

heart
I'm not self-loathing, I'm transhumanist. My conditions and emotional inconveniences do not control me. If I am not in control, what is?

No one taught me this. There is no one to do the brainwashing.

You were always in control. Simultaneously, you cannot control your destiny.
I cannot (or, rather, should not) control others, but I can control my own choices. Alternatively, I can release control, and allow the exterior to exert its will upon my own. This is not control of course, this is choice of submission.

You can control your choices, to an extent, but, then again? Not really. Given the same input, every time, you'll produce the same output, every time. There's only ever one right decision, and it's the one you made.

I prefer to think of it as "floating" on the "current". "Submission" sounds a little slavish.

Tipsy Smoker

the reverend silver
Chahklet
Aporeia
HMS Thunder Child
Chahklet

Yea, I bet.
Did that suspiciously sound like an admission of guilt on their part to you, too?
Good to know SJWs still support the death penalty.
I know I do. And vigilante justice too.

I prefer to think of it as "shooting my enemies". Batman kind of ruined the whole vigilante thing for everyone, banker's stooge that he is.
But I ******** love Batman. sad

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
the reverend silver
Chahklet
the reverend silver
Chahklet
Aporeia
Good to know SJWs still support the death penalty.
I know I do. And vigilante justice too.

I prefer to think of it as "shooting my enemies". Batman kind of ruined the whole vigilante thing for everyone, banker's stooge that he is.
But I ******** love Batman. sad

Yeah, he's cool and all but

GODDAMNIT BATMAN YOU HAVE LIKE EIGHTY BILLION DOLLARS
YOU PROBABLY OWN THE ******** BANKS EVEN, JUST LET PEOPLE HAVE THE MONEY
GODDAMN DUDE SERIOUSLY
PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE RISKING THEIR s**t ******** WITH BATMAN IF THEY DIDN'T REALLY NEED IT
huff
huff
okay I'm good

Most Batman villains I am familiar with are not actually in it for the money.
LoveLoud837
As the title suggests, I have a question for the girls that are outside the library right now, but I ask it to Gaia so that anyone could answer. I mean no malice in the question, its really an I have no clue so I'm asking the question question, not a trap.

These girls are outside the library collecting donations to help prevent child abuse. Those are the actual words.

The question is, how is a donation going to help prevent child abuse?

Obviously, like most everyone here on Gaia, I am not a monster that supports child abuse. I would love to see child abuse be eliminated or significantly lowered, and many other crimes be significantly lowered or eliminated. But the fact is, people have the ability to abuse, and unfortunately as long as there is an ability to do something, a few people will do it.

I just don't see how a monetary donation would help prevent child abuse, if there is a way I'd love to hear it, and I'm not saying that in a 'you can't show me how but I'd love to see you squirm to try' kinda way. I could see helping alleviate adoption costs and foster care provisions for children who have been abused, but that sounds like protecting those who have been abused, not preventing child abuse. Frankly, I'd rather donate to something that says they will protect children who have been abused, since thinking about preventing child abuse seems too lofty.

I would rather donate to something that said they would fund after-school programs for children, or even volunteer, than in my current state of mind of trying to wrap my head around how you prevent child abuse by donating. Educating people doesn't seem to be working, as displayed by the rape culture. The only answer is to teach men not to rape, addressing any other fixes creates hate. If that is the goal to educate people, Total Frat Move and Total Sorority Move are very popular outlets online that get spread viral on facebook, which bleeds over to buzzfeed and many other popular sites that sends videos and stories viral. I don't think a sorority needs money to make a public service announcement like that.

I just don't understand how they would prevent child abuse with my money. If you know how this sorority (unknown) will use funds that are donated to prevent child abuse, or know of a good way to prevent child abuse with donated funds, please share.

A lot of money goes in to funding parent education programs which help to teach parents how to deal with common parenting problems and manage their frustrations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff