Welcome to Gaia! ::

Topic 1: A 10 year old boy picked up a purse one day and got the courage to return it, knowing it had several hundred dollars in it. He found the address from some card in the purse and returned it to the old lady. In return for giving back the great fortune, the boy received a quarter. Twenty-five cents >_o. I don't know about all of you but if I was that 10 year old boy, I can bet I'd never return anything again.

Topic 2: In Europe for returning a fortune to someone, you get 10% of whatever you gave back to the person as a law. Personally I think it should be a bit higher, but that's still really good. So my question is whether Canada and America should do the same. People are getting a tad greedy don't you think? If you lost a hundred bucks there's no use in hoping for it to be returned. So what are your opinions? Should Canada and the United States make a law for that, and what percent do you think it should be? ^_^
That lady is a greedy hag. I don't think the laws should be applied though, after all, it's your money so you can do whatever you want with it.
That's a great idea! But I think the person should have the option to refuse the reward.
MediocreMaiden06
That's a great idea! But I think the person should have the option to refuse the reward.
If that happened, though, then nearly everyone (meaning greedy Americans and Canadians) would refuse, thus people still not returning things as much as before, right?
Indeed, a quarter is stingy.
I personally return 10 and 20 euro notes and such...don't expect a reward though.
Dark Angel Of Silence
That lady is a greedy hag. I don't think the laws should be applied though, after all, it's your money so you can do whatever you want with it.
I'd have to agree here. The purpose of the law is to protect people, not abolish greed. Greed may be a bad thing in our eyes, but it's not illegal.
makin dat a law is just as bein greedy as the old lady was. i mean...ur returnin her purse..u don't have to do it..u keep the money. if u do return it..n u expect a reward. dats ur fault. y not just keep the money than. but yes...the lady is a greedy person. ur gettin mad because u did a nice thing but u expect a reward for it.

Beloved Nerd

8,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Gaian 50
You get 10% back in Europe? Well gee whizz I never knew that!

I would agree that the old lady was quite stingy. I mean - she didn't have to give the kid loads but still -25 cents? What can you buy with that? With 25p in England you proabaly could barely get a small pack of sweets! (yeh - i know the exchange isn't the same - but the point still stands)
She might as well have given him nothing.
aznballa226
makin dat a law is just as bein greedy as the old lady was. i mean...ur returnin her purse..u don't have to do it..u keep the money. if u do return it..n u expect a reward. dats ur fault. y not just keep the money than. but yes...the lady is a greedy person. ur gettin mad because u did a nice thing but u expect a reward for it.
Also a good point. 3nodding

Which kind of brings into question whether or not the old lady would really be greedy. If she gave a decent reward, then I'd call that generosity; not giving any of her money at all would simply be a lack of generosity, but not quite greed. Maybe she really needs the money, and it IS rightfully hers to begin with.
Keep the purse or there'll be no lesson.
Cuban
Keep the purse or there'll be no lesson.
that makes no sence whatsoever...
Moonwolf Sedai
You get 10% back in Europe? Well gee whizz I never knew that!

I would agree that the old lady was quite stingy. I mean - she didn't have to give the kid loads but still -25 cents? What can you buy with that? With 25p in England you proabaly could barely get a small pack of sweets! (yeh - i know the exchange isn't the same - but the point still stands)
She might as well have given him nothing.

25 cents will get you a hand ful of candy from a gumball machine.
omg.that lady is really greedy.that boi deserves alot more than just 25 cents.her purse with everything in it including a couple hundred dolars,come on now!!!
i dont think the law should be made because if you dropped you purse that had a couple hundered dollars in it, or left it somewhere or something your an idiot. I would not let that purse out of my site.
Don't you feel greedy yourselves thinking that the boy should have gotten more money? Thats a greedy thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff