He's trying to make a point. It's there. 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
No, he sucks 0.75862068965517 75.9% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

deadroosters
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten
Romney's comment finally cemented all along one of the biggest gripes I have with the GOP; namely, it's a state of mind where your content of character is determined by your income.

Not just being unemployed makes you worthy of scorn, but if you're not making enough money, you're also deserving of being unconsidered.

So yea, Romney baby, screw you, screw your party, and screw the horse you rode in on.
I like how he managed to nail two big conservative demographics: enlisted members of the military and the elderly.

Nah. It's the left attempting to claim they're part of the deadbeat brigade Romney was talking about, the professional mooches.

Living off of the government isn't the worst thing you can do with your life.

No, but it's damn near it.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
deadroosters
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten
Romney's comment finally cemented all along one of the biggest gripes I have with the GOP; namely, it's a state of mind where your content of character is determined by your income.

Not just being unemployed makes you worthy of scorn, but if you're not making enough money, you're also deserving of being unconsidered.

So yea, Romney baby, screw you, screw your party, and screw the horse you rode in on.
I like how he managed to nail two big conservative demographics: enlisted members of the military and the elderly.

Nah. It's the left attempting to claim they're part of the deadbeat brigade Romney was talking about, the professional mooches.

I highly doubt 47% of people receiving government assistance are simply mooching. He must not be aware of how hard it can be to get off of welfare, especially if you have children. I believe and have witnessed a moocher or two, but mostly I've met people who are like me and in my similar position that got sacked and are trapped in the system until something AWESOME comes along to pull them back out without detracting from health insurance or food.

For Romney to assume that 47% of us are lazy asshats, he takes away his claim that more people are unemployed or underemployed by Obama.
Old Blue Collar Joe

Probably a lot like law enforcement officers. A small number give the rest a bad rap, but I'd estimate, based on personal experience, that twenty percent are dead beats.
We make it too damn easy. All that they should get is food, a place in the PJ's, and basic utilities. No need for cash in those situations. They want cash, other than a debit that can be used to buy gas (and only gas), then they can find a job. It's a safety net. People need to quit making it a ******** hammock.
My thought was at twenty percent as well smile
But still, it's an unacceptably large number.
So if Romney had used our percentage, do you think you would've agreed with him.
GunsmithKitten

What Romney said about the 47% is a little bit one-sided, too, given that his father was a presidential candidate and that Romney grew up rich.
There is almost no one who needs welfare. If a need is a biological like food or water then there is very little need, even people well below the determined poverty line can afford those things. Most needs are just greeds.
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
deadroosters
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

I highly doubt 47% of people receiving government assistance are simply mooching. He must not be aware of how hard it can be to get off of welfare, especially if you have children. I believe and have witnessed a moocher or two, but mostly I've met people who are like me and in my similar position that got sacked and are trapped in the system until something AWESOME comes along to pull them back out without detracting from health insurance or food.

For Romney to assume that 47% of us are lazy asshats, he takes away his claim that more people are unemployed or underemployed by Obama.

They don't, Phallic, and I am not saying that. I am saying that those that follow Deadrooster's policy that there is nothing wrong with living off the government, insinuating no effort should have to be made.
As I've stated on here numerous times, those who are trying to get ahead, working, looking for work, and doing their best to be contributing members of society? I cheer for them and have not one issue with unemployment and welfare being paid to help them and their family.
Those that are sitting on their a** and NOT looking and never have seriously looked, which is probably 20% of those on it? ******** them. They can starve.
i S o m m e r
Old Blue Collar Joe

Probably a lot like law enforcement officers. A small number give the rest a bad rap, but I'd estimate, based on personal experience, that twenty percent are dead beats.
We make it too damn easy. All that they should get is food, a place in the PJ's, and basic utilities. No need for cash in those situations. They want cash, other than a debit that can be used to buy gas (and only gas), then they can find a job. It's a safety net. People need to quit making it a ******** hammock.

My thought was at twenty percent as well smile
But still, it's an unacceptably large number.
So if Romney had used our percentage, do you think you would've agreed with him.

I agreed with him anyway. He just chose a piss poor way to phrase it.
Ray Cest
There is almost no one who needs welfare. If a need is a biological like food or water then there is very little need, even people well below the determined poverty line can afford those things. Most needs are just greeds.

Dude, go find five bucks and buy a clue. There are those that cannot afford a snickers bar that are trying to get by.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
deadroosters
Old Blue Collar Joe

They don't, Phallic, and I am not saying that. I am saying that those that follow Deadrooster's policy that there is nothing wrong with living off the government, insinuating no effort should have to be made.
As I've stated on here numerous times, those who are trying to get ahead, working, looking for work, and doing their best to be contributing members of society? I cheer for them and have not one issue with unemployment and welfare being paid to help them and their family.
Those that are sitting on their a** and NOT looking and never have seriously looked, which is probably 20% of those on it? ******** them. They can starve.

If it is only 20%, Romney is still guilty of over-inflating. I also think that he wrongly feels that Obama supports the no-nothings in their mission to mooch off welfare. I believe that Obama wants everyone to be able to efficiently get employed without being scared outta their wits about what taking a job might sacrifice.

Both of them aren't right for the country, but I really want to see someone who cares about people who haven't had a living wage in forever. It isn't just about trying if minimum wage gets you nowhere.
Old Blue Collar Joe
deadroosters
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

Not really. You could cause great suffering to the innocent for a living.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest

Dude, go find five bucks and buy a clue. There are those that cannot afford a snickers bar that are trying to get by.
How about learning how to form an argument? Most poor people are not in absolute poverty as you see in actual poor countries. Welfare is just form of theft. I don't care if they can afford luxuries like snickers or not. Most poor people in this country are overweight so apparently they aren't starving.
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
deadroosters
Old Blue Collar Joe

If it is only 20%, Romney is still guilty of over-inflating. I also think that he wrongly feels that Obama supports the no-nothings in their mission to mooch off welfare. I believe that Obama wants everyone to be able to efficiently get employed without being scared outta their wits about what taking a job might sacrifice.

Both of them aren't right for the country, but I really want to see someone who cares about people who haven't had a living wage in forever. It isn't just about trying if minimum wage gets you nowhere.

Did you miss the part where Romney said he wants to get them to higher paying jobs where they can start paying taxes?
One is wrapping a pile of steaming horse s**t in bows and ribbons, and telling you it's a new flavor of fudge.
The other is telling you that he has a steaming pile of horse s**t, and he's gotta get rid of it, and it's not going to be pleasant. Guess which one I trust?

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest

How about learning how to form an argument? Most poor people are not in absolute poverty as you see in actual poor countries. Welfare is just form of theft. I don't care if they can afford luxuries like snickers or not. Most poor people in this country are overweight so apparently they aren't starving.

You do realize that the cheapest foods are the worst for you?
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest

Here's a nasty fact. Most overweight people are overweight because the cheap food is loaded with sodium, which retains a LOT of water and fat, and unable to afford a balanced diet.
Until you've been on the bottom, don't think it's a gravy train. While I absolutely and positively hate the deadbeats who are mooches, I feel for those stuck there that are trying to get out of it.
Phallic Wonderland
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest

You do realize that the cheapest foods are the worst for you?
Oh, like rice, beans, vegetables? you can get most of those things for very cheap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff