Closed

Agree with Romnay-nay?

Completly 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
He's trying to make a point. It's there. 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
No, he sucks 0.75862068965517 75.9% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Closed
People who have experienced a certain kind of pleasure in the past will try to repeat or relive it. The deepest-rooted and most pleasurable memories are usually those from earliest childhood, and are often unconsciously associated with a parental figure. Welfare brings people back to that point by placing the government in the oedipal triangle and positioning the poor as the needy child.

Unaware of the cause of their emotional response, the poor will fall in love with Government.
i S o m m e r
Ok Am I late on this?
Definitely

But the topic I would like to discuss today has to do with this so called 47%

Yes I watched the infamous video, and no I wasn't pissed, while Romney may be incompetent when it comes to wording certain things, I definitely understand and agree with what he was well... trying to say. It's ok Romney, we know you care.

So my question, if you're familiar with welfare and how it works, if you know someone who uses or abuses the system, what percentage would you place it at?

Yes people abuse it, but do the people who need it, really need it? Like really do they?

Soooo example (and I'd love to hear yours)
The other day my stepmother and I were spending the day riding around on the Via bus my father drives. So these two young women, around my age start to speak in Spanish, my stepmother has this kind of disgusted look wash over her face. So I ask her what they're saying.

She tells me about these girls, talking about their sixth child coming along, and all the money the government will give them, not ashamed of it or anything, something along those lines.
Clearly these girls are wrong and probably will be spitting out worse children.

An obvious sign of abuse in the system. But do these type of people really make up 47% of America?

So what percentage would you put the freeloaders of America at. What percentage actually greatly benefits?
Feel free to talk from personal experience so we can really know about the people dependent on welfare. Whether they actually need it or abuse it, I love stories.

Probably a lot like law enforcement officers. A small number give the rest a bad rap, but I'd estimate, based on personal experience, that twenty percent are dead beats.
We make it too damn easy. All that they should get is food, a place in the PJ's, and basic utilities. No need for cash in those situations. They want cash, other than a debit that can be used to buy gas (and only gas), then they can find a job. It's a safety net. People need to quit making it a ******** hammock.
Christ the Holy Son
People who have experienced a certain kind of pleasure in the past will try to repeat or relive it. The deepest-rooted and most pleasurable memories are usually those from earliest childhood, and are often unconsciously associated with a parental figure. Welfare brings people back to that point by placing the government in the oedipal triangle and positioning the poor as the needy child.

Unaware of the cause of their emotional response, the poor will fall in love with Government.

there is no sense in this
i S o m m e r
Yes people abuse it, but do the people who need it, really need it? Like really do they?

Go back IRL and learn more about whether or not people need food to not die.

Aged Lunatic

Romney's comment finally cemented all along one of the biggest gripes I have with the GOP; namely, it's a state of mind where your content of character is determined by your income.

Not just being unemployed makes you worthy of scorn, but if you're not making enough money, you're also deserving of being unconsidered.

So yea, Romney baby, screw you, screw your party, and screw the horse you rode in on.

Devoted Explorer

GunsmithKitten
Romney's comment finally cemented all along one of the biggest gripes I have with the GOP; namely, it's a state of mind where your content of character is determined by your income.

Not just being unemployed makes you worthy of scorn, but if you're not making enough money, you're also deserving of being unconsidered.

So yea, Romney baby, screw you, screw your party, and screw the horse you rode in on.
I like how he managed to nail two big conservative demographics: enlisted members of the military and the elderly.
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

I like how he managed to nail two big conservative demographics: enlisted members of the military and the elderly.

Nah. It's the left attempting to claim they're part of the deadbeat brigade Romney was talking about, the professional mooches.

Devoted Explorer

Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

Nah. It's the left attempting to claim they're part of the deadbeat brigade Romney was talking about, the professional mooches.
He labeled 47% of Americans as deadbeat mooches based upon a very broad set of criteria. Criteria which many elderly and enlisted soldiers and/or veterans fall under. He can backpedal all he wants, unless he flatout apologizes to everyone he insulted, all 140 some odd million of them, he'd better can it.

Thing people need to learn is that they're not just responsible for what they mean, they're responsible for what they say. Man needs to put on his big kid underoos and own up to it.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
deadroosters
i S o m m e r

I think what he's trying to say, is that the people you're speaking for are the people NOT getting any help. The people he's referencing "Need" it on paper-and as he specifically referenced 47% and america, I doubt the OP is talking about Nigerian babies who are a part of the give a dollar save a life foundation.
As in, the people who actually get help tend not to need it..though even that point is skewed, because the OP states "47%" as being those who abuse it, and their question is essentially asking if those who are -in the program getting help(U.S Citizens as a whole)- need it.

Though personally I think this goes both ways, you can't narrow it down because there are always variables, it's a case by case basis rather than black and white. Sometimes it -is- "extra money" just as financial aid can be, but sometimes it -is- the "Without this I can't pay my bills and I'll lose my house." or even worse, as you're saying.

TLDR Version: Can you cite an experience you know someone was starving to death, having medical problems and got help?
Tarako6
deadroosters
i S o m m e r

I think what he's trying to say, is that the people you're speaking for are the people NOT getting any help. The people he's referencing "Need" it on paper-and as he specifically referenced 47% and america, I doubt the OP is talking about Nigerian babies who are a part of the give a dollar save a life foundation.
As in, the people who actually get help tend not to need it..though even that point is skewed, because the OP states "47%" as being those who abuse it, and their question is essentially asking if those who are -in the program getting help- need it.

Though personally I think this goes both ways, you can't narrow it down because there are always variables, it's a case by case basis rather than black and white. Sometimes it -is- "extra money" just as financial aid can be, but sometimes it -is- the "Without this I can't pay my bills and I'll lose my house." or even worse, as you're saying.

TLDR Version: Can you cite an experience you know someone was starving to death, having medical problems and got help?

I currently occupy the Floridian section of one of the larger geographical regions designated for resource surplus by the globalist elite. Naturally, food is more plentiful here than in places where it is not stockpiled. The waste alone could feed villages.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

Living off of the government isn't the worst thing you can do with your life.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
deadroosters

I currently occupy the Floridian section of one of the larger geographical regions designated for resource surplus by the globalist elite. Naturally, food is more plentiful here than in places where it is not stockpiled. The waste alone could feed villages.

I'm not sure what you're getting at..could you directly state the main point or rephrase that?
x.x Or are you agreeing that it does vary on a case to case basis?
Tarako6
deadroosters

I'm not sure what you're getting at..could you directly state the main point or rephrase that?
x.x Or are you agreeing that it does vary on a case to case basis?
What I'm getting at here is that there is so much food here in America that a death from lack of food is a death from nobody feeding you. Famine is not the issue, it's selfishness.
GunsmithKitten

Great point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces