Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

13 years of school?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 2, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15

i think it is smart ... they have higher standards which in the end will make them smarter... but hey it would suck if i lived there.

Profitable Dabbler

We have 13 aswell, theres prep, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12
kikitso
We have 13 aswell, theres prep, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12

same but if you go to a good school and your smart you can skip again
TomokazuExtreme
wait a sec...kindergarden...then 1-12 thats 13...then we go anywere from 2-10 more years in collage. I think you just don't like school. 3nodding you're silly. i've alwaysenjoyed scool. even as the castout that i was. lol they're years to be enjoyed and spent planning your next big move.

It's a great thing if you're that enthusiastic about school but please be aware that not everyone shares your views. In addition, I don't simply "hate" sool... I have my reasons. Please do not insult me. Go back a few pages if you're interested in my further agruments. I like expanding my knowledge but I can also do this at university instead of spending an extra year in school.
In addition, college doesn't exist in every country.
cheesyhero
It doesnt really matter how long you rin there for, but how good the shcools are. A good shcool can get more done ina year then some in 5 years.

Imagine a school would consist of 20 years... would you still think that time doesn't matter?
Nothing wrong with an extra year of free education tho. People seem to stop viewing shcool as that.
trixiesraigonriit
i think it is smart ... they have higher standards which in the end will make them smarter... but hey it would suck if i lived there.

The problem is: who would like to learn stuff in school that is normally learned at university? Having such high standards in every subject is unnecessary, don't you think? If I learn all the details in physics and later on study music, what benefit will that be to me?
cheesyhero
Nothing wrong with an extra year of free education tho. People seem to stop viewing shcool as that.

myranda

lol, obviously, I am aware that the process of learning/studying continues after school! That is not my point. I simply think that this one year is a waste of time (12 years+university= one year less than 13 years+ university)..

I've been to a British school and I liked the British school system very much. The structure of the themes is less complex as it is in Germany due to the 12 year system.

I already said this before: I don't really see a point in studying a subject as accurately as you do in the 13 year school system if I later on don't want to deal with it anymore. I have decided on studying Ethnology later on, so why do I need to pay so much attention to Chemistry? It would be sufficient to have 12 years of school and therefore less detailed studies in each subject. I also enjoy learning new things but I can expand my knowledge through books and university if I desire to.

In addition, people who have only had 12 years of school have the advantage of being younger after university. Since most employers don't only judge you on how qualified you are but also on your age, this would expand their possibility of being chosen for the job.

one year isnt going to make much ofa diffrence tho...
cheesyhero

Please explain accurately...
cheesyhero

Wait.. are you saying that wasting an entire year of one's life isn't significant? To me, it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff