Welcome to Gaia! ::

so im looking for a board to just cruise around town with rather than do flippy tricks on any suggestions?

what my buddy told me to check out were santa cruz boards, they any good?

8,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Cruising liiiike...? Did you still want to use a skateboard still? Or are you talking about longboards?

My brother has a longboard that he doesn't do any flippy tricks in but it is really fun to just ride. Best way to get from place to place on a board.
Immortal Malice
Cruising liiiike...? Did you still want to use a skateboard still? Or are you talking about longboards?

My brother has a longboard that he doesn't do any flippy tricks in but it is really fun to just ride. Best way to get from place to place on a board.

yea like that but i kinda what something shorter than a "longboard" something like 30-35 inches just to go from my home to school back home and around the neighborhood and stuff. and something with a kick tail.

8,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Sublime Erik
Immortal Malice

yea like that but i kinda what something shorter than a "longboard" something like 30-35 inches just to go from my home to school back home and around the neighborhood and stuff. and something with a kick tail.
Yeah there are certain decks like that, just buy a deck with the measurements you want and surely you can make it work for yourself. Important things to know when you want to just cruise is you need good bearings (ABEC 7or 9s should work real slick) and you want looser trucks so you can turn by shifting balance rather than lifting the nose.
Immortal Malice
Sublime Erik
Immortal Malice

Yeah there are certain decks like that, just buy a deck with the measurements you want and surely you can make it work for yourself. Important things to know when you want to just cruise is you need good bearings (ABEC 7or 9s should work real slick) and you want looser trucks so you can turn by shifting balance rather than lifting the nose.

what would a good wheel size be. and what would be good for carving?

8,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Sublime Erik
Immortal Malice
Sublime Erik
Immortal Malice

Ain't a typical wheel size 52mm? The smaller the wheel the better for flips, the larger the wheel the better to take on terrain and tend to be more useful. Remember you're going to wear your wheel down a lot so a larger wheel will last longer too.

And tbh longboards are the perfect carving tool.
Immortal Malice
Sublime Erik
Immortal Malice
Sublime Erik
Immortal Malice

Ain't a typical wheel size 52mm? The smaller the wheel the better for flips, the larger the wheel the better to take on terrain and tend to be more useful. Remember you're going to wear your wheel down a lot so a larger wheel will last longer too.

And tbh longboards are the perfect carving tool.

is tbh a company,and if it is can you send me a link to their site

8,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
TBH = to be honest, not a company lol

If you want to find a good site to find good boards go to something like ccs.com and they have categories for larger boards meant for riding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff