Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who will be the Ultimate Fighter this season ...?

Team GSP - Michael Johnson, Jonathan Brookins, Spencer Paige, Alex Caceres 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
Team GSP - Kyle Watson, Cody McKenzie, Dane Sayers 0.125 12.5% [ 1 ]
Team Koscheck - Marc Stevens, Sevak Magakian, Sako Chivitchian, Andy Main 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Team Koscheck - Nam Phan, Aaron Wilkinson, Jeff Lentz 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Nassiral
I'm curious to see what people think about the fight Johnson and Caceres had. GSP touted it as a good fight going in, and called it a good fight, a war afterwards. Kos was convinced that Alex was the weakest link in GSP's quarterfinalists and that GSP was pushing for that match to give one of his guys an easy fight and said afterward the fight sucked.

From where I'm sitting, I'd say that was a decent fight. It was fairly close, with Johnson accomplishing just enough to win both rounds mainly by exploiting Alex's inability to avoid takedowns. Caceres showed he's not just some slouch and was winning nearly all the standup engagements.

A Sako or Wilkinson matchup against Caceres may have been more favorable for Kos' team (espicially Sako seeing as Johnson seemed to win based on his takedowns with some G&P) and that's why he was angry with the fight and said it sucked.

Big questions now is if Nam can get past Michael Johnson or will Kos' team be totally ruled out of the finals? And who will win the battle between Brookins or Watson? I kinda feel the real final is that matchup, while Nam Phan and Johnson are good, it just seems that Brookins and Watson are machines that would wrap either one up and take them out with a sub.

Nam definitely has his hands full ... most of his losses on his pro record have been to big grapplers (primarily judokas and wrestlers) ... it will be interestng to see if Nam's experience will carry him through this fight ... or will Michael's wrestling ability as well as athletism carry him through ...

As for the fight between Brookins and Watson ... I think this will be a classic example of two expierenced ground guys going at it ... and either expierence or youth will win the fight ...

Dapper Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I think Nam'll will win his fight with Johnson cause Mike's got no gas tank. Showed in the 2nd round when he fought Wilkonson and again when he fought Leroy. I think Nam has better cardio and if can weather the early storm he should be able to pick up a decision if not another TKO by liver shot.

Brookens and Watson though, I don't know. Leaning towards Brookens cause he has youth on his side buuuuuuut who knows...
The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs Team Koscheck
Episode 10: Spinning Tornado

-Kyle Watson defeated Aaron Wilkinson via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:59 in round 1.
-Michael Johnson defeated Alex Caceres via unanimous decision [20-18, 20-18, 20-18] after two rounds.
-Dana and the coaches unanimously agreed on the matchups for the semifinals:

Jonathan Brookins vs. Kyle Watson
Michael Johnson vs Nam Phan

TUF: Team GSP vs Team Koscheck - Episode 10: Spinning Tornado
The Aftermath - Episode 11: Victorys All That Matters

The Aftermath: Victorys All That Matters
Episode 11: Victorys All That Matters

-Jonathan Brookins defeated Kyle Watson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) after three rounds.
-Michael Johnson defeated Nam Phan via split decision [29-28, 28-29, 29-28] after three rounds.
-Jonathan Brookins and Michael Johnson are announced as the season's finalists.

TUF: Team GSP vs Team Koscheck - Episode 11: Victorys All That Matters
The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck Finale / The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale

Official fight card
Main card
Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Michael Johnson
Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Rick Story
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia

Preliminary card
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Aaron Wilkinson
Featherweight bout: Tyler Toner vs. Ian Loveland
Lightweight bout: Sako Chivitchian vs. Kyle Watson
Bantamweight bout: Will Campuzano vs Nick Pace
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão vs. Pablo Garza
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito vs. Dave Branch

Background
Leonard Garcia was set to fight Tyler Toner, but withdrew with what was originally thought to be an injury. Team Quest fighter, and IFL veteran, Ian Loveland will step in as Garcia's replacement. It was later revealed that Garcia was pulled from the bout to face Nam Phan, who was set to fight Alex Caceres, but an injury forced Caceres out of the bout.

This will be the first event in the UFC that will integrate the lower weight classes from the WEC.

So what are your guys predictions ...?
The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck Finale / The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale

Official fight card
Main card
Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins > Michael Johnson
Though I do like Johnson ... I believe that Brookins' game is much more well rounded ... and Brookins has faced a lot of quality competition (i.e. Jose Aldo) ...
Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar > Igor Pokrajac
Bonnar will forever be one of my favorite fighters ever ... and all things considering ... Bonnar is much more well rounded ... I think he will be able to control positions and finish the fight ...
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia < Kendall Grove
Though Maia is dangerous once it hits the mat ... I don't think it will go there ... Grove will no doubt use his massive reach advantage to keep Maia at bay ... and if it does hit the mat ... I believe that Grove can avoid the more dangerous position that Maia will try to put him in ...
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks - Rick Story
You got to wrestlers that know how to sling some leather ... what's not to like ...
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan > Leonard Garcia
Though Garcia is a fan favorite in any fight (just because he swings for the fences) ... Phan is the more technical of the two ... and can absord punishment for days ...

Preliminary card
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie - Aaron Wilkinson
No offense to "England" ... but McKenzie will deny him his striking by taking him down ... but I could be wrong from the Aftermath show ... apparently McKenzie likes to just throw ... which would spell doom for him ... epesically against a Brit ...
Featherweight bout: Tyler Toner > Ian Loveland
Lightweight bout: Sako Chivitchian < Kyle Watson
If his performances were any indication of his skill set ... Chivitchian is in for a beating ... and no doubt training at the H.I.T. Squad ... will help Watson get the "W" ...
Bantamweight bout: Will Campuzano > Nick Pace
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão > Pablo Garza
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito > Dave Branch
Main card
Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins < Michael Johnson
Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar > Igor Pokrajac
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia > Kendall Grove
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks > Rick Story
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan < Leonard Garcia

Preliminary card
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie < Aaron Wilkinson
Featherweight bout: Tyler Toner < Ian Loveland
Lightweight bout: Sako Chivitchian > Kyle Watson
Bantamweight bout: Will Campuzano > Nick Pace
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão < Pablo Garza
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito < Dave Branch
Jonathan Brookins wins via lay and pray.
The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale - December 4, 2010
Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito vs. Dave Branch
Branch defeated Attonito via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão vs. Pablo Garza
Garza defeated Paixão via KO (knee) at 0:51 of round 1.
Catchweight (138 lb) bout: Will Campuzano vs Nick Pace
Pace defeated Campuzano via submission (Pace choke) at 4:32 of round 3.
Lightweight bout: Sako Chivitchian vs. Kyle Watson
Watson defeated Chivitchian via unanimous decision [30-27, 30-27, 29-28].
Featherweight bout: Tyler Toner vs. Ian Loveland
Loveland defeated Toner via unanimous decision [30-27, 30-26, 29-28].
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Aaron Wilkinson
McKenzie defeated Wilkinson via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:03 of round 1. This bout aired on the Spike broadcast following the Hendricks vs. Story fight.

Main card
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia
Garcia defeated Phan via split decision [29-28, 27-30, 29-28].
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Rick Story
Story defeated Hendricks via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28].
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove
Maia defeated Grove via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28].
Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac
Bonnar defeated Pokrajac via unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-26).
Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Michael Johnson
Brookins defeated Johnson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27) to become the Season 12 Lightweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter.

Bonus Awards
Fighters were awarded $30,000 bonuses.

Fight of the Night: Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan
Knockout of the Night: Pablo Garza
Submission of the Night: Cody McKenzie
D h o o m f a c e
Jonathan Brookins wins via lay and pray.

He did what he needed to do to win ... if anything Johnson should have done more to get of his back and get back into a standing position ... and it wasn't like Brookins wasn't doing anything ...
baka_boy1221

He did what he needed to do to win ... if anything Johnson should have done more to get of his back and get back into a standing position ... and it wasn't like Brookins wasn't doing anything ...

I know, I don't have anything against him.
I'm just bitter because Johnson is one of the guys I was pullin gfor since the beginning, haha.
Brookins may turn into a guy people love to hate. He is very humble and some might find that sickeningly sweet and hate him for it. We'll see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff