Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I decided to take tae kwon do with Muay thai, but I'm not that flexible. Will I gradually become flexible while i take tae kwon do classes?
If your classes have a stretching session before each class then yes. But if not, you're doing yourself harm by not stretching regularly.

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Krosou
If your classes have a stretching session before each class then yes. But if not, you're doing yourself harm by not stretching regularly.

3nodding
Krosou
Soothing Sound
So I decided to take tae kwon do with Muay thai, but I'm not that flexible. Will I gradually become flexible while i take tae kwon do classes?

I want 2 take MT.
i've been in taekwondo for 13 years now and one thing if you want to become more flexible you have to stretch at home several times a week. not just whenever you go to class.
I advise dropping TKD and taking something like BJJ
if ur like me we had to do alot of stretches and stuff. and taekwondo is like 80% legs so ull probably get more flexible
same here bjj is all around the best... just incase bjj stands for brazilian jui jitsu
lucky i want to take tae kwan do razz but i cant oh well to bad so sad for me lol
As others have said you will have to stretch at home if you want to become more flexible.

I think you need to ask yourself how flexible you want to be.

Having some flexibility is important but if you become too flexible it may actually be detrimental to you and your art. I practice TKD and I want to be a little more flexible than I am (which isn't much more than the average person Edit: my age) anything more than that and I think it might start effecting how much power I can generate.

These are all things I have been taught and I have found them to be true.

I would probably be best if you consulted your sah bum nim (teacher/master) and see what they think is best for your training regimen.

I wish you luck on your journey.

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I became much more flexible in just 1-2 months of Tae Kwon Do.

Friendly Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i've been doing TKD for only a month and i'm much more flexible and MUCH stronger...now I stretch at home and I go to plenty of classes and on tuesdays we have an instructor that is very hardcore so I get more flexible and stronger with his lessons as well so..it all depends on if your willing to take the time to stretch at home
Generally, yes, TKD will make you more flexible. How flexible is up to you..

Distinct Shopper

12,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Bidding War 100
I was a fighter a wild fighter before taekwondo it all depends...
I became flexible at 2 months training from Monday to Friday at 3 PM and hour session.

Not only you will become flexible... also you will have muscles in your whole leg....

But you have also to do some arms excessive... or to the opposite you will end up with weak arms...

I focus to much in legs... yeah... I'm white belt not to lie... But I did start with my friend long time ago he is 3 Dan now... and he is at my level...

just remember also your joints are your weak point... since you will get an exercise... your legs are going to last longer... don't use wraps unless you need to... After certain time the resistance will only last for lest than 15 to 30... depending in the sweat...

But you can use preventing wraps... in your feet and arm... But since the warps makes you weak if you get used to it... Is not recommended....

I use wraps when I want to fight for real... It all depends in what Kind style you are... Hard and quick, Quick and accurate or evade and attack or vanguard (Attack is the best defense) since I only have stronger legs I start to become more Hard and quick and wraps helps you to not only to stop the delay of your quick also to improve your recoil Depending from your uniform to your wraps...

Every person is different... So if you like to move faster... Wraps can help you at the time... No they don't stop you... they fix the muscles you have less recoil in movement... although it varies sometimes is less than one second... enough to change the course of the fight...

Just a tip... don't become weak in hands... or you won't last long if they attack you... But since you are In Muay thai that makes easy to use wraps also to have stronger legs and arms...

Nice dude... keep going some day you will become a ripped man. Hahahaha~

Since you will be using part of your body elbow and knee too... Be careful with your joints...

Good luck

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces