Welcome to Gaia! ::

ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii

I love logic. :]

You see little rainbowz we're not so different you and I.

-arm around shoulder-
I think you might just be right! o:

^_^
i feel tiny around one my big parkour buds

I know the feeling... I run with people that are like gymnists and if they're not a gymnist they're like... 6 ft tall. :[

Well thats one reason my crew might become the youngest traceurs to become known internet wide. confidence.
Clamber To My Feet
Yes ma'am. I have, and he knows how I feel about it. He hasn't ignored me, but nothing has really changed either. As I said, I don't particularly blame him or think he's a bad boyfriend, I just wish he could balance his priorities better. He considers parkour to be his lifestyle, unfortunately I feel like he abuses his precious time to do parkour when in reality it can be more wisely spent.

that is actually, very true. He's a little... OD. lol D:
Parkour can be done at any time. Being with you is probably more selective.
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii

I love logic. :]

You see little rainbowz we're not so different you and I.

-arm around shoulder-

^_^

I know the feeling... I run with people that are like gymnists and if they're not a gymnist they're like... 6 ft tall. :[

Well thats one reason my crew might become the youngest traceurs to become known internet wide. confidence.

Ages? o:
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Clamber To My Feet
Yes ma'am. I have, and he knows how I feel about it. He hasn't ignored me, but nothing has really changed either. As I said, I don't particularly blame him or think he's a bad boyfriend, I just wish he could balance his priorities better. He considers parkour to be his lifestyle, unfortunately I feel like he abuses his precious time to do parkour when in reality it can be more wisely spent.

Its complicated. I want him to do what he likes, but I would prefer if he did it in moderation. I don't even care if he doesn't see me, if it means he's looking for a job and seeing what's up with his school decisions, etc etc.

I think recently things are getting slightly better though, so there's hope. 3nodding
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Clamber To My Feet

She has a point.... I try my best to balance out my relationship and my parkour.
Clamber To My Feet
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Clamber To My Feet

Its complicated. I want him to do what he likes, but I would prefer if he did it in moderation. I don't even care if he doesn't see me, if it means he's looking for a job and seeing what's up with his school decisions, etc etc.

I think recently things are getting slightly better though, so there's hope. 3nodding

Yeah, yeah. That makes sense. o:
And yes, things are looking up! :3 thats great!

Kenji: Balance is key. o:
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii

-arm around shoulder-

^_^

Ages? o:

Me- 13
Wisp- 13
Geno- ? (i haven't asked)
Joop- 14
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii

-arm around shoulder-

^_^

Ages? o:

Me- 13
Wisp- 13
Joop- 14

Theres a bit younger, but I don't think they're good enough.
And I'm in your range. o:
I'm turning 15 in 2 weeks. LOL
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Kenji Tachihara
ii R a i n b o w z ii

Ages? o:

Me- 13
Wisp- 13
Joop- 14

Theres a bit younger, but I don't think they're good enough.
And I'm in your range. o:
I'm turning 15 in 2 weeks. LOL

cool well i might PM u 2 morrow i gotta get off bye
Wow I missed alot xD, Didn't think I'd miss this much with it bein' a dead thread 'n all. Anways onto topic nao xD. I find Parkour fun but prefer free running or tricking because of my body changing directions 'nd all. BUT I'm focusing on Parkour for the moment because of a bad knee and back injury.
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Thats great! I go all kinds of strength training, but I'll never get to much farther because of my HUGE mental block. D:
And it's okay, I tried to kong over a short wall and guess what. My feet got caught and smacked my face down into the wall. Straight up cartoon thing that should never happen.

Try to take things slow. Little steps. And also once in a while go for something that you wouldn't usually, if it seems safe and close to the ground.
To avoid faceplants, I find dive rolls are a good way of going about it. Build up a reaction of landing on your hands and going into a roll, rather than on your face. Making use of your other limbs lol.

Clamber To My Feet
Also, and seriously, no offense to anyway who DOES like it and do it, but I've often observed that its a total trend. People do it to show off, look cool or try to be different. Its a good concept, but its also unfortunately overrated and abused.

When people start doing this, it becomes something else rather than parkour or free running. Parkour especially, without grasping the initial concept of a tool or a lifestyle, it is not parkour.
Depends how deep you want to go into it really.
As for free running, alot of people say that free running is purely for showing off. As a matter of fact, many serious practitioners free run rather than parkour for pure enjoyment and they like how it challenges their capabilities in a wider range of movement. People who do this to show off are not grasping the concept and so to some extents, what they're doing may not even be free running.

Clamber To My Feet
Well, parkour is pretty entertaining to watch as well. I'm not AGAINST it. I'm really not. I'm just not so sure it should be considered a lifestyle to the point where you're turning your back on other things. Much to the same degree, someone could call anorexia a lifestyle when in reality its a mental disorder.

Eh, he doesn't mean to. He just gets overly excited about training and what not.

Yes, Parkour is a lifestyle. It gives you a whole other perspective on life. Obstacles become pathways. But this being said, parkour shouldn't be your whole life. As David Belle the founder of parkour said, it is just another tool in your life, like cooking or fixing a car. Your entire life shouldn't be based on this.

Kenji Tachihara
Well thats one reason my crew might become the youngest traceurs to become known internet wide confidence

Well some people have reasons against forming crews. Parkour is really an individual thing. Also, when you have a crew, sometimes your goals can become entirely unrelated to parkour, but instead are goals to support your crew. Not that this is bad or anything, but in the long run, you might end up doing more of this than actual training in many aspects.
Crews also imply competition. Parkour is not a competitive sport. David Belle made this clear.
One important reason for this is that during a competition, traceurs will tend to push themselves to things that they wouldn't normally do. For example, when faced with a 5m wall (sorry i measure in metres >> let's just say it's high) someone who is in a competition may jump right off the edge of this because it's faster. Obviously, this increases the risk of injury by a butt load.

I like long posts ;D i miss parkour talk too.
Feel free to pm me or spam anything parkour related.

Ahhh i just came back from a training session myself. I went to the gym beforehand. LOL did that work out well... -sarcasm-
Infinite Authority
Jesticle

What's Parkour?

Ever seen monkeys running around in a city?... It's like that, with a dash of Jackie Chan.
You hit it on the nail head and I think it's funny watching the are people.. who think it's great and break an ankle etc. or even if they don't it sure it a laugh at what they think is impressive.
Parkour is just another form of breaking as many stuff you can while looking like an idiot and possible be thrown in jail because it's illegal.
Those free runners could go a head and accidently kill themselfs with their tricks but I dislike the fact they're breaking too many stuff the goverment pays for.
Mairante
Parkour is just another form of breaking as many stuff you can while looking like an idiot and possible be thrown in jail because it's illegal.
Those free runners could go a head and accidently kill themselfs with their tricks but I dislike the fact they're breaking too many stuff the goverment pays for.

That's very general and inaccurate.
I are offended.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas