Welcome to Gaia! ::

Parkour is restrictive and monotonous; free running is where it's at. Or if you want to be a show-off do tricking.
I can understand that.
But Parkour, to me is proving yurself mor than flippeng around like a monkey around a city.
ii R a i n b o w z ii
Its Definately:
An amazing skill that can help you in any situation.
A true PKer "Free Runner" can see the flow in a new place before they've even explored it.
They can control the power and agility they use correctly.
The find the quickest, fastest, and to me, most entertaining way through and around things.

Will it aid in the creation of a sandwich?
It very much could. :3
Necessary? Absolutely not.
No 44 Lucifer Morningstar
Parkour is restrictive and monotonous; free running is where it's at. Or if you want to be a show-off do tricking.

It's only monotonous if you make it so. The creativity aspect is in Parkour as much as it is in free running. As for restrictive, it may be so in your eyes, but backflips hardly help you in a situation where you need to escape.
val_owI

It's only monotonous if you make it so. The creativity aspect is in Parkour as much as it is in free running. As for restrictive, it may be so in your eyes, but backflips hardly help you in a situation where you need to escape.

Free Running allows fluidity; it does not stress exact movements and therefore allows an easier perception of the environment for stringing together your movements for a much more successive flow. Backflips are only used in demonstrations to enthrall spectators, they are seldom used when a person actually wants to escape.
I've ran from the police several times before; it involved dashing through alleys, jumping off buildings, climbing s**t.

Parkour is useful, but all of the hipster faggots that do it on playgrounds and s**t just piss me the ******** ******** off. I know a couple dudes who have some sort of Fight Club-esque thing going on. Basically, they go downtown and run on rooftops all day, avoiding cops. ******** are insane.
(I only learned about parkour when I heard of Mirror's Edge haha xP )
Since I don't do it myself, I wouldn't know what to tell you, asides from if someone is treating you like a baby/child you should just slap them in the face and tell them to not treat you like a kid or something.
val_owI

Free Running allows fluidity; it does not stress exact movements and therefore allows an easier perception of the environment for stringing together your movements for a much more successive flow. Backflips are only used in demonstrations to enthrall spectators, they are seldom used when a person actually wants to escape.

I think you're confused.
The philosophies of Parkour are those that involve the concepts of reach and escape.
The philosophies of Free running are those that involve creating beautiful movement. As such, backflips are very much part of free running.
You wouldn't use free running if you were to escape, otherwise, you would be doing parkour.
Parkour does not stress exact movements either. It is a common misconception that there are "moves" of parkour. These are just common ways of overcoming obstacles. For some obstacles, there may be better ways and finding the quickest and most efficient way is what parkour really is.
well i dont do parkour, but today i saw parkour in real with the team named "Team JiYo"
They are very good and some of them are hot XD

Distinct Prophet

Well.I love Parkour
I myself and the people that I run with
consider ourselves as Traceurs.
I like to mix it up, the cross between parkour and
freerunning. it doesnt really matter to me.

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I would love to learn how to free run and stuff, except I don't think my body is toned enough for something like that. sad

BTW, what exactly is the difference between free running and parkour?
(Don't pay any attention to my avatar plz)

I'm female and I practice parkour. Just try your hardest, and try to throw in some cool moves when you do it. Even though that is more freerunning than parkour rolleyes

Distinct Prophet

Well,
the way i see it is, anyone can do parkour/freerunning.
Its all about mind set. if you think you can do it, you can
acheive it. also, i feel that freerunning is the same as parkour.
the only difference is how a person goes at it.
Not really. There is a difference between Parkour and Free Running,
To me, parkour is efficient, quick, and take power and control.
For free running, it's more acrobatic. You get me? Its for style.
Honestly, I find free running boring. Its unappealing to me.
But you're right, it's about the mind set, then the physical capabilities.
Odd, I know.
Sorry, I didn't know my forum picked up again...
Baller: I take it you live in Brazil?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces