Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Let's talk parkour ;D
What have you been training lately? And what has your latest training consisted of?

Well most of my training has been running for stamina, just keeping it up and all.
I train my rolls in different environments when I train, ALWAYS.
But I was recently in Delaware where there are some really great training spots.
I practice on the boardwalk roof tops, being stealthy. cx
But mostly, just perfecting some vaults.
I keep it pretty basic and consistent for best results.
Gate Vaults still are giving me a hassle.
How've you been doing?

=o i think a gate vault is getting more towards free running. I can't imagine going into a gate vault well with a good run up. Maybe you should just stick with lazy vaults and/or speed vaults.
I've recently started running, to finally try and deal with my asthma. Seems to be working pretty well. Most of my conditioning/training comes from attending classes which can involve pretty much anything. Working on doing some more training during the week once my friends have more free time =D
I think for me, fluency and committing to large jumps is my main issue at the moment. Need to train more so I don't hesitate between jumps Dx

Well out here, in a non-urban environment, there are a lot of 6' fences. Gate vaulting is a lot easier from a run-up then climbing and hopping over.
I really wished I had a more urban setting or at least a better training area. ; n;
Overcoming asthma // strengthening your lungs is a really good thing to do! I also recommend swimming to help regulate breathing patterns and oxygen intake.
Fluency and reducing hesitant-er. HESITATION is goo to be working on. good luck!

Mm well if you can't vault it with the other vaults, since it is only 6', you can get over really quickly by climbing over with the right technique. It's kinda between a wall run and the ending climb up position. Then you just hop over. I dunno if you can picture it.
I'm sure you can find a fair bit to train on if you be creative. Otherwise, more running ;D
My neighbourhood tends to have lotsss of good training spots, only the thing about that is that they are part of people's houses.... xD
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Let's talk parkour ;D
What have you been training lately? And what has your latest training consisted of?

Well most of my training has been running for stamina, just keeping it up and all.
But I was recently in Delaware where there are some really great training spots.
How've you been doing?

=o i think a gate vault is getting more towards free running. I can't imagine going into a gate vault well with a good run up. Maybe you should just stick with lazy vaults and/or speed vaults.
I've recently started running, to finally try and deal with my asthma. Seems to be working pretty well. Most of my conditioning/training comes from attending classes which can involve pretty much anything. Working on doing some more training during the week once my friends have more free time =D
I think for me, fluency and committing to large jumps is my main issue at the moment. Need to train more so I don't hesitate between jumps Dx

Well out here, in a non-urban environment, there are a lot of 6' fences. Gate vaulting is a lot easier from a run-up then climbing and hopping over.
I really wished I had a more urban setting or at least a better training area. ; n;
Overcoming asthma // strengthening your lungs is a really good thing to do! I also recommend swimming to help regulate breathing patterns and oxygen intake.
Fluency and reducing hesitant-er. HESITATION is goo to be working on. good luck!

Mm well if you can't vault it with the other vaults, since it is only 6', you can get over really quickly by climbing over with the right technique. It's kinda between a wall run and the ending climb up position. Then you just hop over. I dunno if you can picture it.
I'm sure you can find a fair bit to train on if you be creative. Otherwise, more running ;D
My neighbourhood tends to have lotsss of good training spots, only the thing about that is that they are part of people's houses.... xD

i believe gate vaults are still pk... they are useful for a quicker wall climb rather than doing a muscle up and pulling yourself up you can do a gate vault uses less energy and quicker also if your going over a railing that has a pretty decent drop it brings you closer to the ground and may be faster than a turn vault
Herro iz been doing parkour for over 3 years ^^ I think I'm pretty good want to start working on tricking and doing flips...
Have videos of meh and friends doing pk
shadow69666
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Let's talk parkour ;D

How've you been doing?

i believe gate vaults are still pk... they are useful for a quicker wall climb rather than doing a muscle up and pulling yourself up you can do a gate vault uses less energy and quicker also if your going over a railing that has a pretty decent drop it brings you closer to the ground and may be faster than a turn vault

Thats the point I was going to make. o vo
shadow69666
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Stacia Starburst
val_owI
Let's talk parkour ;D

How've you been doing?

If you can gate vault it, you shouldnt need to do a muscle up. You can use upwards momentum from a jump or a wall run to get you the extra height easy. Then you can hop over, or go into a lazy vault to lower yourself down if you want to. Then just roll. I used to do gate vaults as well before someone showed me that gate vaults were slower. This can probably be argued, so I'll just say that this is my opinion.
shadow69666
Herro iz been doing parkour for over 3 years ^^ I think I'm pretty good want to start working on tricking and doing flips...
Saw some of your videos. I don't mean to critisize, but i don't like how people stop parkour to go into freerunning or tricking. There's still a fair bit you could work on. You guys have some good control though in your movements, but alot of it could use more fluency. Gotta be fast, otherwise it starts to stray away from parkour, like how you want to do flips now.
Of course I'm not stopping you from doing flips and stuff. Just my opinion.
val_owI
shadow69666
Saw some of your videos. I don't mean to critisize, but i don't like how people stop parkour to go into freerunning or tricking. There's still a fair bit you could work on. You guys have some good control though in your movements, but alot of it could use more fluency. Gotta be fast, otherwise it starts to stray away from parkour, like how you want to do flips now.
Of course I'm not stopping you from doing flips and stuff. Just my opinion.

I dont ever plan on quitting pk I go out every week and still do the basics its just something to add on a new challenge i want to keep pushing myself to be better and it will also give me better control and will also increase my ability to jump ^^
me and my 4 mates parkour all over town. The coppas are annoying cause they spoil everything
lol @ pk discussion! anyways, i just recently started training again. my upper body is s**t, i can wall like a ******** but i can't pull my self up! xp

on the bright side my running jumps are so high and far i don't bother vaulting anymore
HNNNNG. I mis you guys. ; n;
I'm going to APK and Primal Fitness's east Coast Jam Session!
Memorial Weekend.

7,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150
I parkour! xd
question sorry wat

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
if you want to see parkour check out my videos on my profile
That's mostly tricking.