Welcome to Gaia! ::

I do free running who else dose it and what can u do
i can vault wall run a lil and working on front flips and palm spins
and i beilieve that free running should not be a compation
but just something to do and be noticed by
What exactly is parkour and Freerunning?

Parkour and Freerunning are different but not entirely. Parkour was developed prior to Freerunning by David Belle. It consists of vaults and jumps. The deep philosophy behind parkour is not be controlled by your surroundings, which most people are. They have to walk along certain designated paths to get from A to B, but by using parkour there are no architectural boundaries and your path is free for you to choose.

The word 'Freerunning' was first developed by Sebastein Foucan in order to make the word 'parkour' more accessible to an English-speaking audience. But Freerunning now does differ slightly from parkour; the freerun philosophy is less about choosing your own path but more about fun and creativity. Freerunning involves somersaulting, flipping and flaring and has a second goal of trying to make Freerunning look impressive.

(words and all that from http://www.parkour-online.com/parkour-training-tips.html )
Trying Parkour
There are much less predefined moves in parkour than sports such as gymnastics, because of the original idea that the moves are just bi-products of the way of thinking. However there are still some movements considered to be most basic and that most traceurs practise and start with.

The most important movements to practise and perfect are jumping and landing. The standard PK roll is used to spread the impact of a jump over your whole body, and then flow into the next movement.

After perfecting the roll vaults would be he next basic movement to try. Vaults are used to clear or overcome most obstacles and there are many types. There are several vaults that are completely efficient and there are others which are used sometimes only to add fun to the vault, or make it look more impressive. These vaults sacrifice their efficiency and tend to be used less by experienced traceurs and more by freerunners. Most vaults are specifically designed to be used on specific obstacles. But learning specific vaults is not as recommended as learning to think on the spot and adapt easily.

Flips stir up much debate about whether they are truly parkour. They are not the most efficient way of moving and most experienced traceurs argue they are only designed to look impressive. Newer traceurs think that parkour is about being free to choose how you move through a specific environment, but it is probably because they are less informed. Generally flips are regarded as Freerunning and are not basic moves.

(words and all that from http://www.parkour-online.com/parkour-training-tips.html )
Did I just hear the word Parkour??!?! Yea buddy, I'm all in. My friend and I parkour every chance we get. Even at school. But it's been postponed due to his foot injury. I am a Parkourest and proud to be one, My sig, and pro says it all >.<
Kurai Diasuke
Did I just hear the word Parkour??!?! Yea buddy, I'm all in. My friend and I parkour every chance we get. Even at school. But it's been postponed due to his foot injury. I am a Parkourest and proud to be one, My sig, and pro says it all >.<

i do the same thing at school cant get enoug of parkour
Yea buddy. >.<
Mainly free running, but I do both
you guys are lucky when i do it at school i get in truble ;P but i still do it
Xx-Dym_4life-xX
Don't do it during school.
val_owI
Xx-Dym_4life-xX

Y DO U KEEP FALLOWING ME TO ALL THE THREDS
Xx-Dym_4life-xX
val_owI
Xx-Dym_4life-xX

Y DO U KEEP FALLOWING ME TO ALL THE THREDS

I'm not following you specifically.
I'm just everywhere!
whee
mhm sure u r
Xx-Dym_4life-xX

I've done a couple of flips at school once, out of boredom (and to show off of course lol). The only "trouble" I've gotten into is the security guard yelling at me "you're gonna crack your head open". Oh well d:
Bboy Katz
Xx-Dym_4life-xX

I've done a couple of flips at school once, out of boredom (and to show off of course lol). The only "trouble" I've gotten into is the security guard yelling at me "you're gonna crack your head open". Oh well d:

lol one time i got chased by some security gards at my school they neva cought meh (but i can only do a front flip and i hardley do them) i just run up and climb things
The most steps up a wall Ive done was 2.
I wanna to learn how to wall runs. Like across the wall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff