Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatum ~ I think Lyoto has to fight his normal fight to win. But, don't be mistaken, because Rashad gets better everytime he fights. I think Lyoto was more aggressive during the Thiago fight, as he was stalking Thiago after hurting him, but I also think that Lyoto's aggressiveness is dependent on his opponent. Meaning, if you're hunting him down, he will retaliate fire with fire.

Not Robert ~ Except an Irish car bomb. Hardy may be stretchered out.
UFC has got to be the best MMA show out there and GSP (George "Rush" St'Pierre) Forever Canadians rule xD
Fatum
Stratamagnus
So, Forrest or Anderson?

My heart's on Forrest. My head's leaning towards Silva. One thing is for sure, Forrest is going to give Silva a fight; moreso than Silva's recent opponents.

Forrest Griffin for me. I have always found that whenever Forrest is the underdog, well general he wins.
Stratamagnus
Fatum ~ I think Lyoto has to fight his normal fight to win. But, don't be mistaken, because Rashad gets better everytime he fights. I think Lyoto was more aggressive during the Thiago fight, as he was stalking Thiago after hurting him, but I also think that Lyoto's aggressiveness is dependent on his opponent. Meaning, if you're hunting him down, he will retaliate fire with fire.

Not Robert ~ Except an Irish car bomb. Hardy may be stretchered out.

Rashad Evans is a step up for Lyoto Machida. Evans will have to relentless with his wrestling to get Machida out of his rhythm. Machida I think will need to stick and move. Avoid the takedown and ultilize his range with his kicks. Either way it is going to be a good fight.
Stratamagnus
So, Forrest or Anderson?

Forrest can pull off the upset. Forrest all the way.
Stratamagnus
He has to know that Silva will catch kicks, and that is how Rashad beat him. I would absolutely love to see Forrest pull this one out.

Hmm, so Lyoto or Rashad?

Evans has the advantage with wrestling, though Machida has very good kicks. Hard to say how it is going to go, but it is going to be good.
Not Robert
We all like grudge matches,so who's got Davis over Hardy? sure it's a really insignificant fight, but should be insanely exciting.

I think Davis experience will pull him through this one. Not to mention he got a good chin, striking, ground game. Hardy has ... I not sure, but it will be good.
What do you think of Sanchez v Guida. That is going to be a war.
baka_boy1221

As much as I like Clay, I think he's outmatched here.
Stratamagnus
baka_boy1221

How so. I would think that his wrestling is some of the best in the lightweight division. His striking is pretty good. And his cardio. Well he is a cardio monster. As for Diego, well he is a beast. He has very versitile striking and very good submissions. I wouldn't say that Clay is outmatched, but this is definitely a step up in competition.
Forrest v. Silva - This is probably the hardest to predict given that it all depends on what fighter shows up with Forrest, the smart tactical one or the one that allows his emotions to get the best of him. The smart Forrest is going to use his size, work his way inside, force Silva against the fence and eventually take Silva down, hold him down there long enough to win rounds. Silva's guard is not active just like Quinton's and we saw what the result was of that. If Forrest makes it a stand up fight, expect to see Forrest eating a ton of jabs and having to have facial reconstruction.

Evans v. Machida - Machida is definitively the favourite for this fight. He's a much more technical striker, much faster than Evans and has an underrated ground game compared to Evans. Everyone seems to forget that Lyoto trained in wrestling with one of Japan's top wrestlers since he was fifteen, threw Tito around; something Rashad could not do. Machida trains extremely hard and have not heard anything in regards to him having a weak chin and given how hard his brother kicks I think he'll be able to deal with Evan's power.

Davis v. Hardy - Marcus Davis has better hands, better footwork, and is the better striker. His ground game is definitely improving and I am sure that he has been training that far more extensively than Dan Hardy is in England. Marcus Davis should win this quite easily.

Also while the UFC is a very professional organization it is not the best organization as the UFC has become more focused on making money now that it has grown in popularity so much and not giving the fans who have supported it and made it what it is today what they want to see which is the best versus the best, not marketable fighter versus marketable fighter.
I must be blessed to finally find a place with intelligent MMA discussion on Gaia. Excellent analysis, sir.

Based on your statements about the UFC, are you more interested in Japan's MMA scene?
Trop.exe

Also while the UFC is a very professional organization it is not the best organization as the UFC has become more focused on making money now that it has grown in popularity so much and not giving the fans who have supported it and made it what it is today what they want to see which is the best versus the best, not marketable fighter versus marketable fighter.

Example, Brock Lesnar.

baka_boy1221
Stratamagnus
baka_boy1221

How so. I would think that his wrestling is some of the best in the lightweight division. His striking is pretty good. And his cardio. Well he is a cardio monster. As for Diego, well he is a beast. He has very versitile striking and very good submissions. I wouldn't say that Clay is outmatched, but this is definitely a step up in competition.

Definitely some of the best wrestling and cardio in the Lightweight division, but his striking is questionable which, ultimately, will be his downfall in this fight. Diego has fantastic stand up.
Well, since Clay was pretty much destroyed on his feet by Nick Diaz, I imagine Diego will be able to handle him. However, if Guida can push the pace with grappling for 3 rounds, maybe he can exhaust Sanchez. That is pretty much his only chance.
Stratamagnus
Well, since Clay was pretty much destroyed on his feet by Nick Diaz, I imagine Diego will be able to handle him. However, if Guida can push the pace with grappling for 3 rounds, maybe he can exhaust Sanchez. That is pretty much his only chance.

Pretty much. Guida by decision

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces