Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not Robert
User Image

hehehe
Skye River
Senor_Pockets
Skye River
Personally, I like Pride and Affliction much than UFC. The earlier UFC days were better. I have yet to see Fedor fight against Randy Couture. Unfortunately, Dana White is a wanker when it comes to business deals.

I haven't seen much of Elite FC or WEC as much though.

Oh, I see...I haven't seen much of the earlier UFC days. In my opinion, I didn't like that they didn't have as many rules back then. I would love to see that fight. Who do you think would win? Yeah, I suppose you're right about Dana White.

Oh, you mean Elite XC? They went out of business recently. As for WEC, it's owned by the same people who own the UFC so you might not like it. They focus more on lighter weight classes and apparently, the octagon they use is also smaller.

The earlier days of UFC were much more interesting to watch to me. Even though they rules and regulations these days, I feel that they need judges that really know MMA. Most fights these days usually show grapplers doing nothing on the ground while the time goes by.

In Pride, they would never let a fighter stay on top and stall for time. The referee would give a yellow card as a penalty (deducted pay and a subtracted point if I remember correctly). In a fight between Fedor and Randy Couture, that would be pretty hard to decide. If anything, they should put them both in ring and duke it out.

I just read the info about Elite XC. That's a damn shame. I figured that WEC is owned by the owners of UFC. I've noticed the same referees once in a while.

The reason nothing happen on the ground today is because fighter know the ground game now. Fighters with good ground games cancel each other out. That's how it goes.

As for the whole WEC and referees ... the UFC, the WEC, or Zuffa LLC (the company that now owns and operates both organizations) don't have any control of the referees. The referees are usually are stationed by the states athletic commission (a governing body in sports) such as the NSAC (Nevada State Athletic Commission) ... those are the guys that you see in the maroon jackets ... and the official badge ...
baka_boy1221
Not Robert
User Image

hehehe

Is that Matt Hamill in the background?
Rumor has it the Strikeforce card will have 4 championship fights ... should be entertaining and interesting ...

Rumored championship matches:
W145 Gina Carano v Cris Santos
LW Josh Thomson v Gilbert Melendez
HW Alistair Overeem v Fabricio Werdum
WW Nick Diaz v Joe Riggs
I love Joe Rogan more than ever, because of this ...

Joe Rogan: UFC vs Boxing
baka_boy1221
I love Joe Rogan more than ever, because of this ...

Joe Rogan: UFC vs Boxing

God bless you ... Joe Rogan ...
Gotta love Joe Rogan for that ...
apachemma
Gotta love Joe Rogan for that ...

No doubt about that ...
So we got UFC 101 coming up ... Penn v Florian and Griffin v Silva ... plus Saddolah v Hendricks, Grove v Almeida, and Neer v Pellegrino for the rest of the main card ...
Barnett got popped for steroids! Fedor has no opponent.
Affliction is in huge trouble right now, the fight is officially cancelled. Bobby Lashley appears to be saying no to the short notice, and Vitor is already fighting on that card. Affliction will be making a press release later today.
jkpatel3
Affliction is in huge trouble right now, the fight is officially cancelled. Bobby Lashley is appears to be saying no to the short notice, and Vitor is already fighting on that card. Affliction will be making a press release later today.

Affliction is starting to look like a Elite XC carbon copy ... it looks like they might go defucnt ...
Vitor vs Fedor D:
Vitor could easily shock the world, but it is very unlikely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff