Welcome to Gaia! ::

UFC 99: The Comback
Under card

Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Rick Story
Hathaway defeated Story via unanimous decision.
Heavyweight bout: Denis Stojnić vs. Stefan Struve
Struve defeated Stojnić via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:37 of round 2.
Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Rolando Delgado
Kelly defeated Delgado via unanimous decision.
Welterweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Peter Sobotta
Taylor defeated Sobotta via unanimous decision.
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Dale Hartt
Siver defeated Hartt via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:23 of round 1.
Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Justin Buchholz
Etim defeated Buchholz via submission (d'arce choke) at 2:38 of round 2.
Main card
Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
Hardy defeated Davis via split decision [29-28, 28-29, 29-28]
Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno
Fisher defeated Uno via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28]
Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Ben Saunders
Swick defeated Saunders via TKO (strikes) at 3:47 of round 2.
Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Mostapha Al-turk
Filipović Defeats Al-turk via TKO at 3:06 of round 1.
Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Cheick Kongo
Velasquez defeated Kongo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva
Franklin defeated Silva via unanimous decision [30-27, 30-27, 29-28]
What do you all think on Mirko's win? That eye poke taking anything away or is everyone in agreement that the fight would have been going Mirko's way anyways. Also where is Wandy now in the MW title picture he lost to Franklin so now what does Dana want to do with him?
APinoySuperHero
What do you all think on Mirko's win? That eye poke taking anything away or is everyone in agreement that the fight would have been going Mirko's way anyways. Also where is Wandy now in the MW title picture he lost to Franklin so now what does Dana want to do with him?

Well Mirko isn't going to fight in the UFC ... he left. It was going his way I would think though. As for Wanderlei, I would think Dana would be insane to throw out a fan favorite. Wanderlei will probably go down to the middleweight division and test those waters out for awhile. He'll need a few high profile fights and wins in order to get a title shot and by then Anderson Silva might be gone ...
baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero

Well Mirko isn't going to fight in the UFC ... he left. It was going his way I would think though. As for Wanderlei, I would think Dana would be insane to throw out a fan favorite. Wanderlei will probably go down to the middleweight division and test those waters out for awhile. He'll need a few high profile fights and wins in order to get a title shot and by then Anderson Silva might be gone ...

Anderson Silva is proably going to retire in the next year or two and I cant blame him he is the best of the best. Nobody I can see on the horozion is going to beat him.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Silva has had 2 dissapointing fight's so far, and moving him to the Lightweight division is not so wise, I agree he is a good fighter, but the Light-Heavyweight division is proly one of the most dangerous divisions in UFC and is famous for it's excellent strikers, if he manages to pull it off in the Light-Heavyweight division? damn, he will be the man, but I doubt it.
Santisimo
Silva has had 2 dissapointing fight's so far, and moving him to the Lightweight division is not so wise, I agree he is a good fighter, but the Light-Heavyweight division is proly one of the most dangerous divisions in UFC and is famous for it's excellent strikers, if he manages to pull it off in the Light-Heavyweight division? damn, he will be the man, but I doubt it.

I think he has an excellent chance. His speed is what wins him his fights and allows him to fight the way he does, and I didn't see it change in his recent fights in the LHW division.
Santisimo

Alright. Lets see what you mean by dissapointing. He didnt finish off Letis sorry mother ******** but, what the hell does he have to prove. I am tierd of defending Silva because its so obvious that ******** he doesnt need to be defended. Silva is the champ he has destroyed a whole entire division and when he beats Forrest who is going to dispute his reign. Most of the fighters Silva has now faced have finally figured out that Silva isnt straying away from his gameplan. So if you dont want to get ko'd or submitted then your going to have to try and out point him and that s**t just didnt work. Silva will beat standing on the ground and on the judges score cards. Forrest Griffin is a smart guy but, I am not even sure he can come up with a game plan to beat Silva. I just dont see any holes in Silva's game. I mean at first I thought Hendo was gonna be the guy to do it but, Even Silva's wreslting ability was great. Sorry man but, I dont see your s**t holding any water for your comments on Silva. Better luck next time.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo

Alright. Lets see what you mean by dissapointing. He didnt finish off Letis sorry mother ******** but, what the hell does he have to prove. I am tierd of defending Silva because its so obvious that ******** he doesnt need to be defended. Silva is the champ he has destroyed a whole entire division and when he beats Forrest who is going to dispute his reign. Most of the fighters Silva has now faced have finally figured out that Silva isnt straying away from his gameplan. So if you dont want to get ko'd or submitted then your going to have to try and out point him and that s**t just didnt work. Silva will beat standing on the ground and on the judges score cards. Forrest Griffin is a smart guy but, I am not even sure he can come up with a game plan to beat Silva. I just dont see any holes in Silva's game. I mean at first I thought Hendo was gonna be the guy to do it but, Even Silva's wreslting ability was great. Sorry man but, I dont see your s**t holding any water for your comments on Silva. Better luck next time.

No, when I say dissapointing I mean that even Dana White has to come out and appolagize for the performance. There has been lots of time's when fans really wanted to see a fighter knock the s**t out of somebody, and even though it diden't happen, they still loved the fight

ex. Jackson vs Jardine

did people boo the s**t out of them just because Jackson diden't knock him out? nope

did Dana White have to come out and appolagize because there wasen't a finish? nope.

It was considered dissapointing because the fight was un-exciting and like I said, the performance was terrible, even though he managed to defend the title and pull off the victorys. I'm not tryin to slam the guy's talent's. I love watching him fight, but I was really pissed watching that last fight.
The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs United Kingdom Finale
Under card

Lightweight bout: Jason Dent vs. Cameron Dollar
Dent defeated Dollar via submission (anaconda choke) at 4:46 of round 1.
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Frank Lester
Osipczak defeated Lester via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:40 of round 1.
Catchweight (208 lbs) bout: Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Tomasz Drwal
Drwal deafeated Ciesnolevicz via TKO (knee and punches) at 4:48 of round 1.
Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. Edgar Garcia
Blackburn defeated Garcia via Split Decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28].
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Gleison Tibau
Guillard defeated Tibau via split decision [29-28, 28-29, 29-28].
Main card
Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Nate Diaz
Stevenson defeated Diaz via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28].
Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs Ross Pearson
Pearson defeated Winner via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28] to become the Season 9 Lightweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter.
Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Kevin Burns
Lytle defeated Burns via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28].
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. James Wilks
Wilks defeated Johnson via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:54 of round 1 to become the Season 9 Welterweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter.
Lightweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida
Sanchez defeated Guida via split decision [28-29, 29-27, 29-28].

Best ******** card of the year. Three Fight of the Nights, three ******** wars ... it was incredible. Especially Guida v Sanchez ... did you see that head kick ... I thought he was out ...
Well Diego Sanchez is probably next in line for a title shot ... but I think he needs another win to solidify it ... porbably against Frankie Edgar ... another Lightweight contender ... that will be a great fight ... I would think
baka_boy1221
Well Diego Sanchez is probably next in line for a title shot ... but I think he needs another win to solidify it ... porbably against Frankie Edgar ... another Lightweight contender ... that will be a great fight ... I would think

That would be a great fight ... especially since Frankie Edgar is coming off that win against Sean Sherk ... that would be good ... we will have to see if Joe Silva makes that match ...

Professional Noob

Franke Edgars fight agenst sean Sherk didnt impress me alot...I think diago and Joe stevenson should fight and the winner of that would get a title shot and Frankie should fight Joe Lauzon and the winner of that is next in line for a title shot...
Santisimo
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo

No, when I say dissapointing I mean that even Dana White has to come out and appolagize for the performance. There has been lots of time's when fans really wanted to see a fighter knock the s**t out of somebody, and even though it diden't happen, they still loved the fight

ex. Jackson vs Jardine

did people boo the s**t out of them just because Jackson diden't knock him out? nope

did Dana White have to come out and appolagize because there wasen't a finish? nope.

It was considered dissapointing because the fight was un-exciting and like I said, the performance was terrible, even though he managed to defend the title and pull off the victorys. I'm not tryin to slam the guy's talent's. I love watching him fight, but I was really pissed watching that last fight.

Why because he isnt like Chris Leben and wants to go out swinging for the fences because his game plan is conservative. People want to see fights finish I understand that but, if you think that Silva is going to go into somebodys game plan just because people want to finish him then whats the point in that. Forrest is going to learn the hard way that Silva's game plans are top notch and there is no way Silva is going to stray away from his game plan just to entertain the fans he is going to fight the good smart fight and come out on top.
mmafighter1221
baka_boy1221

That would be a great fight ... especially since Frankie Edgar is coming off that win against Sean Sherk ... that would be good ... we will have to see if Joe Silva makes that match ...

I think that Frankie should go up against Stevenson and Guida should up against Sherk and we let Diego go up against Tyson Griffin and if he wins that let him go after Bj or Kenflo. Thats how I see it. Either that or we let Diego straight for Bj or Kenflo.

I think those would be good matches either way.
APinoySuperHero
mmafighter1221
baka_boy1221

I think that Frankie should go up against Stevenson and Guida should up against Sherk and we let Diego go up against Tyson Griffin and if he wins that let him go after Bj or Kenflo. Thats how I see it. Either that or we let Diego straight for Bj or Kenflo.

I think those would be good matches either way.

Tyson Griffin will be fighting Hermes Franca though ... besides Frankie Edgar, there is Gray Maynard ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff