Welcome to Gaia! ::

baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero
Just found this topic. Sorry if I get us off topic abit here but, when or if Silva beats Griffin who does he have left as a challenge. He could fight GSP because natrually GSP walks around 190ish so its possible. Though if they were to fight I feel that GSP will proably get dominated in the standup and have a hard time keeping Silva on his back. Though GSP proably has the best wrestling Silva has ever gone up against (equal or abit aboved Hendo give or take). So he still does have a shot against Silva. Its just that Silva is proably the most dominant fighter between him and Fedor to ever grace the planet.

The winner of Henderson and Bisping should get first crack. Then the winner of Marquardt and Maia. And then Okami.

And what makes you think Forrset Griffin is going to lose?

Ok Forrest will most likely lose due to the fact that he doesnt really out match Silva in any aspect. Even though he comes in with a great game plan and has much cleaner striking and a tremendous chin. Its the fact that Silva is on a whole other level. Not trying to take anything away from Forrest because in my opinion he is a world class fighter also.
definitely UFC ninja
Jamesvzfighter
definitely UFC ninja

Im sorry what is this suppose to mean?
APinoySuperHero
Just found this topic. Sorry if I get us off topic abit here but, when or if Silva beats Griffin who does he have left as a challenge. He could fight GSP because natrually GSP walks around 190ish so its possible. Though if they were to fight I feel that GSP will proably get dominated in the standup and have a hard time keeping Silva on his back. Though GSP proably has the best wrestling Silva has ever gone up against (equal or abit aboved Hendo give or take). So he still does have a shot against Silva. Its just that Silva is proably the most dominant fighter between him and Fedor to ever grace the planet.

Just something to point out, Silva is far from being the most dominant fighter on the planet. He has four loses to total schmucks, yes, Chonan is a low B-Level fighter, and there are guys out there with far better records than him, Torres, possibly GSP in the future, Faber. I figured I would use bigger names so as to not create too much confusion, but Silva has a lot of proving to do. He showed that he can be beat by Henderson, that really anyone with a dominant wrestling background can beat Anderson, something he has not faced outside of Dan. Forrest can very easily beat Silva, we just need to see which Forrest shows up.
Trop.exe
APinoySuperHero

Just something to point out, Silva is far from being the most dominant fighter on the planet. He has four loses to total schmucks, yes, Chonan is a low B-Level fighter, and there are guys out there with far better records than him, Torres, possibly GSP in the future, Faber. I figured I would use bigger names so as to not create too much confusion, but Silva has a lot of proving to do. He showed that he can be beat by Henderson, that really anyone with a dominant wrestling background can beat Anderson, something he has not faced outside of Dan. Forrest can very easily beat Silva, we just need to see which Forrest shows up.

Right because Hendo doesnt have some of the best wrestling in the game. Anyone with dominant wrestling can now beat him. Also one of his losses was from DQ and shouldnt have counted against him. Plus Anderson Silva destroyed the whole MW division. Rich Franklin had to actually move up because he couldn't fight Silva without everyone already knowing the out come. Mind you knowing that Rich Franklin had his regien over the MW division and most that he was one of the most dominant MWs and Silva took him out.
APinoySuperHero
Trop.exe
APinoySuperHero

Right because Hendo doesnt have some of the best wrestling in the game. Anyone with dominant wrestling can now beat him. Also one of his losses was from DQ and shouldnt have counted against him. Plus Anderson Silva destroyed the whole MW division. Rich Franklin had to actually move up because he couldn't fight Silva without everyone already knowing the out come. Mind you knowing that Rich Franklin had his regien over the MW division and most that he was one of the most dominant MWs and Silva took him out.

I never said that Dan does not have a dominant wrestling background, I know what his wrestling is like. A DQ loss is a DQ loss, if it happens it happens, you cannot say it does not count, that is like saying I should not have been choked out because I do not want to fight on the ground. Silva has beaten the weak MW division of the UFC. He's beaten a can in Leben, a gassed out Lutter, three one dimensional fighters; who are very low B-Class fighters, Franklin (twice), Marquardt (who is nothing extraordinarily special), and Henderson (his only big name kill). If he manhandles Forrest, I will be impressed, but I do not see that happening at all. Matter of fact, I can see Forrest easily beating Silva, in an almost lopsided fight. If Silva had beaten people like Mousasi, Belfort, Lindland, I would say that he is a dominant MW, but he has beaten up cans, one dimensional fighters, gassed out guys, and old men. Anderson Silva is the most dominant fighter of a washed up division which has a waning talent pool.
Trop.exe
APinoySuperHero
Trop.exe
APinoySuperHero

I never said that Dan does not have a dominant wrestling background, I know what his wrestling is like. A DQ loss is a DQ loss, if it happens it happens, you cannot say it does not count, that is like saying I should not have been choked out because I do not want to fight on the ground. Silva has beaten the weak MW division of the UFC. He's beaten a can in Leben, a gassed out Lutter, three one dimensional fighters; who are very low B-Class fighters, Franklin (twice), Marquardt (who is nothing extraordinarily special), and Henderson (his only big name kill). If he manhandles Forrest, I will be impressed, but I do not see that happening at all. Matter of fact, I can see Forrest easily beating Silva, in an almost lopsided fight. If Silva had beaten people like Mousasi, Belfort, Lindland, I would say that he is a dominant MW, but he has beaten up cans, one dimensional fighters, gassed out guys, and old men. Anderson Silva is the most dominant fighter of a washed up division which has a waning talent pool.

Woah all of the sudden people arent calling Rich Franklin special any more beacuse, Silva came in and they forgot who dominance looks like. Its like beating the best in your division isnt special any more. Also it was Lutter's fault for not being in shape and regardless if he wasnt gassed out Silva dominated him so bad it wouldnt have mattered the shape. Marquardt was also considerd to be a very well rounded fighter almost like your Forrest Griffin. Guess what he crushed him too. Stop trying to take out the credibility out of Silva because he has fought the best UFC has to offer him and those fighters were fairly good but, in comparisson to Silva he there are miles away. Also you say Griffin can easily dominate Silva. Name one aspect Griffin is better in Silva in. Stand Up not even close, Griffin doesnt have the aim or power of Silva let alone timing. Which is how Rashad caught Griffin. On the ground its abit more even but, still Silva was able to hang with Hendo who has amazing wrestling and was able to fend off him on his back. Though Griffin's chin I would consider the best ever seen along with heart at the end of the day he is still getting face beat and the ref is going to have to stop it. Griffin better have a damn good game plan to try and step in with Silva and if he does its going to be a replay of Silva's last two fights. Reminding you that Silva's game plan is proven against all the fighters he goes against. He lures them then counters them and its all over from there. So please dont act like Silva isnt one of the best in the world because it clear that he is.
I am not saying that he is not a great fighter, I am saying that he is not as dominating as people believe that he is. Franklin is a good fighter but he will never see a belt in a large organization again, the UFC does not want him to fight Silva again; ever. Franklin has to move up to 205, he can beat up guys like Vera, Hammil, heck he'd probably beat Thiago Silva, and Jardine, but against guys like Forrest, Quinton, Shogun and obviously Machida he'd be chump change. My only comment on Rich was that he had beaten him twice, so I do not see where you get off ranting about my post. Secondly, Marquardt has become very one dimensional, relying strictly on striking for his fights. Beating Marquardt is like beating a guy who can get you a title shot but does not hold water against Silva. Silva is an excellent fighter yes, but he is not this wrecking machine that people like to think that he is. Silva has good, unorthodox, clean striking, but his ground game is not black-belt level. Catching Lutter was something a good purple belt could have done that night, and Lutter did not even tap to the triangle choke since it was not on tight. He tapped to what would be seen as illegal strikes by referees and most fighters as coming down directly on the top of the head with elbow strikes is illegal. If Silva was such a great BJJ fighter as people claim he is then he would have known to shrimp his hips out to create the angle to tighten the choke. Silva's ground game is so overrated, and I can easily see Forrest working toward something like an Americana and finishing Silva.
1.) I don't think Chris Leben is a can.

2.) Rich Franklin is not a B-level fighter. I realize that he is really popular to hate now, and when you look at his wins, he hasn't beaten anyone notably but in my opinion, he beat Dan Henderson and I have no idea how he lost that decision. I think he will get near a title shot in the next two years.

3.) I would probably pick Anderson over Fedor, if they were to fight. Marquardt will get beaten again if he fights The Spider, I'm hoping that Demian Maia wins that so he can get his title shot. Also, expect Bisping to get past Hendo when they face in July.

Also, did anyone pick up Undisputed? My gamertag is MidnightFox777. I suck, so if you're good, don't play me. I hate losing.

Edit: I also think Griffin stands a good chance against Anderson, because Forrest can overwhelm him with pressure. But, I can also see Forrest getting knocked out.
Trop.exe
I am not saying that he is not a great fighter, I am saying that he is not as dominating as people believe that he is. Franklin is a good fighter but he will never see a belt in a large organization again, the UFC does not want him to fight Silva again; ever. Franklin has to move up to 205, he can beat up guys like Vera, Hammil, heck he'd probably beat Thiago Silva, and Jardine, but against guys like Forrest, Quinton, Shogun and obviously Machida he'd be chump change. My only comment on Rich was that he had beaten him twice, so I do not see where you get off ranting about my post. Secondly, Marquardt has become very one dimensional, relying strictly on striking for his fights. Beating Marquardt is like beating a guy who can get you a title shot but does not hold water against Silva. Silva is an excellent fighter yes, but he is not this wrecking machine that people like to think that he is. Silva has good, unorthodox, clean striking, but his ground game is not black-belt level. Catching Lutter was something a good purple belt could have done that night, and Lutter did not even tap to the triangle choke since it was not on tight. He tapped to what would be seen as illegal strikes by referees and most fighters as coming down directly on the top of the head with elbow strikes is illegal. If Silva was such a great BJJ fighter as people claim he is then he would have known to shrimp his hips out to create the angle to tighten the choke. Silva's ground game is so overrated, and I can easily see Forrest working toward something like an Americana and finishing Silva.

Riiiiight. Im sure big nog just hands out his black belts like candy and that when Silva made Hendo submit it was just because he got really lucky right. Its obvious that Silva's ground game is so overrated because not only was he able to submit a world class grappler (Dan Henderson). He was also able to pound Thales Leties face while he was in his guard and play with him like he was a rag doll.
I think Anderson is a good grappler, but I think that someone like Demian Maia could submit him.
Stratamagnus
I think Anderson is a good grappler, but I think that someone like Demian Maia could submit him.

Demian Maia would need to be able to take Silva down first but, I cant even see him being able to pull guard on him so Demian Maia better pray for an injury on Silva or somthing because I cant see him submitting Silva.
A good night of fights. My big moments were.

Drew Mcfedries just went threw Professor X like a hot knife through butter.

The Lyoto Machida era is upon us.

Hughes won a close desicion to Serra.

Frankie Edgar looked great and beat the Muscle Shark (Steriods).
Professor X is garbage. He has a glass chin and it is so visibly apparent in his structure. McFederies got given a win from the UFC. He was 3-4, beating guys who have questionable chins, losing to anyone who can throw better than him. Sean Sherk is not on steroids either. His test before his fight was negative, and a second post-fight test came back negative. He prove his innocence and I have trained with him multiple times and can easily tell that he is not someone who takes steroids.
Trop.exe
Professor X is garbage. He has a glass chin and it is so visibly apparent in his structure. McFederies got given a win from the UFC. He was 3-4, beating guys who have questionable chins, losing to anyone who can throw better than him. Sean Sherk is not on steroids either. His test before his fight was negative, and a second post-fight test came back negative. He prove his innocence and I have trained with him multiple times and can easily tell that he is not someone who takes steroids.

If he was truely innocent why was he positive the first time. Also I just enjoyed the knock out thats all I am saying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff