Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does any one enjoy watching MMA competitions like Ultimate Fighting Championship or World Extreme Cage Fighting(or maybe others like Pride FC which I'm not as familiar with)?
Yeah I love mixed martial arts, I'm not good wioth names but I still watch it. My favorite show is Muay Thai Contentder.
Sword Saint Takezo
Yeah I love mixed martial arts, I'm not good wioth names but I still watch it. My favorite show is Muay Thai Contentder.

Oh, I think I've heard of it, but I haven't seen that show before.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Personally, I like Pride and Affliction much than UFC. The earlier UFC days were better. I have yet to see Fedor fight against Randy Couture. Unfortunately, Dana White is a wanker when it comes to business deals.

I haven't seen much of Elite FC or WEC as much though.
Skye River
Personally, I like Pride and Affliction much than UFC. The earlier UFC days were better. I have yet to see Fedor fight against Randy Couture. Unfortunately, Dana White is a wanker when it comes to business deals.

Oh, I see...I haven't seen much of the earlier UFC days. In my opinion, I didn't like that they didn't have as many rules back then. I would love to see that fight. Who do you think would win? Yeah, I suppose you're right about Dana White.

Oh, you mean Elite XC? They went out of business recently. As for WEC, it's owned by the same people who own the UFC so you might not like it. They focus more on lighter weight classes and apparently, the octagon they use is also smaller.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Senor_Pockets
Skye River

Oh, I see...I haven't seen much of the earlier UFC days. In my opinion, I didn't like that they didn't have as many rules back then. I would love to see that fight. Who do you think would win? Yeah, I suppose you're right about Dana White.

Oh, you mean Elite XC? They went out of business recently. As for WEC, it's owned by the same people who own the UFC so you might not like it. They focus more on lighter weight classes and apparently, the octagon they use is also smaller.

The earlier days of UFC were much more interesting to watch to me. Even though they rules and regulations these days, I feel that they need judges that really know MMA. Most fights these days usually show grapplers doing nothing on the ground while the time goes by.

In Pride, they would never let a fighter stay on top and stall for time. The referee would give a yellow card as a penalty (deducted pay and a subtracted point if I remember correctly). In a fight between Fedor and Randy Couture, that would be pretty hard to decide. If anything, they should put them both in ring and duke it out.

I just read the info about Elite XC. That's a damn shame. I figured that WEC is owned by the owners of UFC. I've noticed the same referees once in a while.
Well randy couture just lost his chance to fight fedor. He got beat by brock lesner, what a shame.
Skye River
Senor_Pockets
Skye River

The earlier days of UFC were much more interesting to watch to me. Even though they rules and regulations these days, I feel that they need judges that really know MMA. Most fights these days usually show grapplers doing nothing on the ground while the time goes by.

In Pride, they would never let a fighter stay on top and stall for time. The referee would give a yellow card as a penalty (deducted pay and a subtracted point if I remember correctly). In a fight between Fedor and Randy Couture, that would be pretty hard to decide. If anything, they should put them both in ring and duke it out.

I just read the info about Elite XC. That's a damn shame. I figured that WEC is owned by the owners of UFC. I've noticed the same referees once in a while.

I see what you mean. I could agree with what you said about the judges. More often than not the match up ends up being a toss-up if they let it go to the judges. That's true, it is kind of boring to watch when wrestlers do that.

I didn't know that...I suppose that is better. That would be exciting if they did that.

Yeah, that is and I suppose the referees were kind of a give-away even though some of them would referee in Elite XC matches as well...at least, I think they did.

ArezX2
Well randy couture just lost his chance to fight fedor. He got beat by brock lesner, what a shame.

Yeah, it was a shame, but I don't think it matters, does it? Assuming they were to fight, it's not like he would need a belt in order to fight him...or would he?
MMA is the s**t even if I don't have paper view to watch the fights on UFC tonight crying
eviltaco879
MMA is the s**t even if I don't have paper view to watch the fights on UFC tonight crying

Aw, I feel your pain, but you could always catch it some other time. ^^
i personaly think that uriah faber is like the next stud muffin in mixed fighting right now he's in wec and i also think that carlos condit is really good too they both have extreme power and explotions
bid_wresler90
i personaly think that uriah faber is like the next stud muffin in mixed fighting right now he's in wec and i also think that carlos condit is really good too they both have extreme power and explotions

Urijah Faber and Carlos Condit are both great fighters...I was surprised when Faber lost to Mike Brown though, but I liked that he was graceful in defeat.
Yeah I have been following UFC since the beging, The first UFC I ever saw was UFC 15. And I have been following it since!
l Shexter l
Yeah I have been following UFC since the beging, The first UFC I ever saw was UFC 15. And I have been following it since!

Wow, you have been watching it for awhile...that's awesome. I had heard of it, but I didn't become a fan until like last year.
I'm a bit nervous this upcoming Affliction. But I have faith in Fedor.
I'm also hoping GSP beats Penn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces