Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 115 116 117 > >> >>> »|

Who has done weapons training? Esplain! blaugh

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
my school doesnt teach any weapons, cuz realistically, how often will you find yourself in that kind of situation?

.... although i do try to teach myself some... like staff(or old broom sticks) and i make an attempt at knife kinda
Realistically you won't need most weapons. But they do teach us the concepts of extension. However, for things like knives, sticks and canes, it's not all that realistic not to need them.

I used to try to teach myself staff too! And sword! Imagine how jazzed I was when someone actually taught me how to use them!
my fists are my weapons
Leaf Condition
my fists are my weapons

Heh, that works. I didn't think you went on the thread anymore.

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
Leaf Condition
my fists are my weapons

well yea, i much prefer my fists and feeet to anything else but its good to know have some other options that you have experiance in
Random objects can always be a bit of a help indeed 3nodding
I've also learned some defense against knife and club attacks.
New topic!/question!

How competent does your instructor seem to you? And how well does he/she actually teach? Is he/she strict with younger students, or does he baby them? I'm just curious because I've seen all kinds of instructors. I've seen instructors that will promote you to black belt whether or not you really even come close to deserving it. I've seen instructors that resemble a football coach when they teach.
The weird thing with me is that I've never learned from just one main instructor or master. I've learned the same style from several different point of views.
Oh yeah, teh instructorness?
i like to beat peaple with sticks... anyone wanna return the favor?
i got lots of senseis that help teach me.

each one has there own style of teaching like one is strict while the another is nice.
@ white_knight_of_light: Oro?

@ Leaf Condition: Balance is important. With my students I used to be the only teacher, so I wasn't too strict, but I definitely didn't baby them either.

Anyone ever learn from like, and older, very experienced master?

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
well... as far as i can tell, my instructor is efinately qualified to teach.... and he definately has the experiance required to train a team worthy of being national champions (i was on that team hehe...)
I Had some Taekwondo when I was a lil younger. I am now doing Krav Maga and also working on Boxing, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiujitsu.
Little Takehiko
well... as far as i can tell, my instructor is efinately qualified to teach.... and he definately has the experiance required to train a team worthy of being national champions (i was on that team hehe...)

That's good! There are a lot of bs teachers out there these days. Seriously, some people just read a "how to master kung-fu karate-jutsu in like, 10 easy steps," and then they open a freakin school...
Demonic W0lf
I Had some Taekwondo when I was a lil younger. I am now doing Krav Maga and also working on Boxing, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiujitsu.

Hm, Krav Maga is good for covering good self-defense principals. It's a lot like Kenpo it looks like, just less "sciency".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff