Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 115 116 117 > >> >>> »|

Little Takehiko
Endless Wayfarer
I definitely plan on sticking with it, Taekwondo has been such a big part of my life that I really don't know how I'd do without it.. I also plan on more seriously pursuing another martial art when I have some more time and money to look into finding a school for it.

Which style are you thinking of looking into?

I'm not really sure at the moment, probably whatever has a close school nearby.

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
good point...
i dunno, i've been wanting to look into doing tai-chi for a while now, kinda as a cross training thing ya know?
@ Endless Wayfarer: It's always a good idea to be serious about more than one style. You get a much better range and understanding that way. If there aren't a lot of schools in your area you can try to see if your town as any city programs for Martial Arts. It's usually cheaper anyway.

@ Little Takehiko: I've been wanting to learn Tai Chi for quite some time myself actually. I understand Taekwondo, which is a hard art, and I understand Hapkido, which is hard and soft. But Tai Chi is just purely soft. I feel almost guilty for not studying it yet...

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
thats true, also tai-chi is much more fluid than taekwon-do and the contras between the diferent movements gives a nice spactrum of techniques...

Le Bump
@ Little Takehiko: Taekwondo is definitely very rigid. I think it would be good for everyone to some kind of balance of hard and soft arts.

Let me ask everybody.
What do you guys think of individual schools requiring you to go on a contract to train?

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
i personally dont mind being on a contract because i've been with the same school since i started and my family is great friends with my instructor. however, i dont think id agree to sign a contract if i didnt think id stick with something and with a good school that wont be a problem, because the head instructor shouldnt mind letting you pay for you classes as you go.
what do you guys think?
I really don't think it should be a requirement to be on a contract. What I'm seeing so many schools doing these days is not only requiring all of their new students to be on contracts, but to use EFT (electronic fund transfer) to pay their tuition too. They don't even have the option anymore of paying with a check or cash every month. It's not always easier for everyone to have their money taken out of the bank on it's own every month.
Like you said Little Takehiko, I don't think the head instructor should have a problem letting their students pay month by month.
Why must my poor little thread die? crying How heartless! Not to post that is emo

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
well... it just seems as though that question might have died....

new question!!!
whats your favoirte martial arts movie and why?

mine is Jet Lee's "Fearless" because of how artistic it was in portraying the different scenarios in the movie.
Little Takehiko

new question!!!

mine is Jet Lee's "Fearless" because of how artistic it was in portraying the different scenarios in the movie.

Oh yeah, I knew it died. I just thought that no one even checked!
Fearless was very good. Have you ever seen Hero?
My favorite martial arts movie is Forbidden Kingdom. I just love the way the story is played out.

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
goingd
Little Takehiko

new question!!!

My favorite martial arts movie is Forbidden Kingdom. I just love the way the story is played out.

.... hero.... s**t!!! i mixed those two up!!! (and i just watched them both yesterday!) but yea i think they're both really good, Jet is deffinately one of my fav's.

i havent seen forbiden kingdom yet, been meaning to though....
Little Takehiko
goingd
Little Takehiko

new question!!!

.... hero.... s**t!!! i mixed those two up!!! (and i just watched them both yesterday!) but yea i think they're both really good, Jet is deffinately one of my fav's.

i havent seen forbiden kingdom yet, been meaning to though....

So earlier you meant you liked the art in Hero instead of Fearless? But I've seen them both too and they're both very many goodness.
I ache for the day Forbidden Kingdom comes out on dvd. Porbably mostly cause I'm a slightly obsessive fan boy with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

We need more people in this thread confused

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
well i like the art in both of them but Hero showed different variations of the same scenarios and thought that was pretty cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff