Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 115 116 117 > >> >>> »|
@ Leaf Condition: At my old school I used to hardly ever have anyone my size to train in Hapkido with. But eventually I started training one on one with one of the much older Hapkido students (like, 55 years old).

@ Little Takehiko: I've heard the name once or twice, but like I said I have no idea what the style is like.
I like sparring in competition but actually I prefer forms. I just love refining the individual technique.

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
goingd

@ Little Takehiko: I've heard the name once or twice, but like I said I have no idea what the style is like.
I like sparring in competition but actually I prefer forms. I just love refining the individual technique.

Yea same here, besides it much easier to practice indivdual techniques in the midle of school xd
Little Takehiko
goingd

Yea same here, besides it much easier to practice indivdual techniques in the midle of school xd

Hahah, I have such a bad habit of practicing anything anywhere, any time. In my senior year of high school I would stand in a crane stance for most of my fifth period just to condition my legs xd

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
Just out of my own curiosity, I know i had asked a Question about Kuk Sool Won earlier so i looked it up...
Heres the link to the World Kuk Sool Assc.
http://www.kuksoolwon.com/index.html
just figured that some of you might want to take a look here if you were curious...

....bump eek
I practice Chang Chuan and Hong Chuan Kung fu.

Here is the link to the school I train at:

www.cmahc.co.za
@ Little Takehiko: It seems extensive, I just hope it's not bs. Like this one "American Karate" style in so cal called Red Dragon: They say they cover the concepts of all the martial arts, but honestly it's just flashy bull.
Thanks blaugh This thread needs all the bumps it can get!

@ Hikari_Ryu: Neato! How long have you been training?
bump!!!11! scream ... keehee whee
KelsKay
goingd
I practice Taekwondo, Hapkido and Kendo. I train like every day, all day (literally). Taekwondo I'm a second degree, Hapkido and Kendo I'm a first degree.

Why do you like Taekwondo?

User Image
User ImageUser Image

I like Tae Kwon Do for various reasons. I like the fact that I'm able to protect myself; I like the work out; I like the people I meet. Well, most of 'em. ;]

Why do you like Tae Kwon Do?

i do karate and kickboxing...its a 1st degree in both...its fun and teaches selfcontrol and courage!!
p_rican_beth6
KelsKay
goingd
I practice Taekwondo, Hapkido and Kendo. I train like every day, all day (literally). Taekwondo I'm a second degree, Hapkido and Kendo I'm a first degree.

Why do you like Taekwondo?

User Image
User ImageUser Image

I like Tae Kwon Do for various reasons. I like the fact that I'm able to protect myself; I like the work out; I like the people I meet. Well, most of 'em. ;]

Why do you like Tae Kwon Do?

i do karate and kickboxing...its a 1st degree in both...its fun and teaches selfcontrol and courage!!

Hazah! That's what martial arts SHOULD do! Yayzah!
I've practiced Taekwondo for going on about 15 years now. I've done a little basic practice with the bo staff and nunchucks (or however it's spelled User Image ) also. I've dabbled a little in various other styles, but not actually going to a school, just learning some from others who practice them.

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
just wondering if anyone knows when the marital arts compititions are going on for the olympics
I believe they start next week on the 20th. I just need to figure out a channel that will be showing them since I don't think NBC will really show much of them.

Edit: Er, actually I think they start on the 20th in China which means coverage in the US should start the 19th.
@ Endless Wayfarer: Wow, 15 years is really great. Do you plan on sticking with it?

I'm looking forward toTaekwondo and Judo this year. If I can't find a good channel for them I'll try to watch them online. I'm really curious to see how Steven Lopez does this year with the WTF's new rules.
I definitely plan on sticking with it, Taekwondo has been such a big part of my life that I really don't know how I'd do without it.. I also plan on more seriously pursuing another martial art when I have some more time and money to look into finding a school for it.

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
Endless Wayfarer
I definitely plan on sticking with it, Taekwondo has been such a big part of my life that I really don't know how I'd do without it.. I also plan on more seriously pursuing another martial art when I have some more time and money to look into finding a school for it.

Which style are you thinking of looking into?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff