Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 115 116 117

rockettemma
What are everyone's thought on Steven Seagal ... in regards to him like "training" fighters such as Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida ...
I have very little respect for the man as a martial artist and hes just there to leech of the limlight of the fighters. Anderson Is the GOAT because of his natural tatelnt and hard worth ethic not becuse of Segal. Machida is one of the most dynamic fighters not from wrist locks or anything else Segal could have taught but because of His explosive moment from karate and his excellent counter punching. I agree with everything Cung Lee and other fighters has said about the man.

Friendly Explorer

6,775 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Hey I've been training in wtf tae kwondo for a while now and just recently managed to get my black belt. I feel as though I am wayyyy to slow for my weight division (I'm a light weight in the lightest weight division). This used to be fine because I always fought someone that was literally like twice my weight but now that I'll be fighting people more my size I'd like to be much faster so anyone have any good training regiments that will help increase the speed of my kick? It'd be much appreciated if you could help in anyway.
rockettemma
What are everyone's thought on Steven Seagal ... in regards to him like "training" fighters such as Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida ...

Wealthy Guildswoman

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Karl_Krebs
rockettemma
I have very little respect for the man as a martial artist

Why? Why is there so much hate for steven seagal?
l Omie-Gosh l
Karl_Krebs
rockettemma

See my earlier reply and Baka's videos. He's like a pro wrestling heel but without being entertaining. But I guess I can see how all of the things I said there sound malevolent and rude. I did not mean to Disrepest or seem hateful to the man. Just give my views on the way he has been portraying himself to the MMA community
Karl_Krebs
l Omie-Gosh l
Karl_Krebs
rockettemma

See my earlier reply and Baka's videos. He's like a pro wrestling heel but without being entertaining. But I guess I can see how all of the things I said there sound malevolent and rude. I did not mean to Disrepest or seem hateful to the man. Just give my views on the way he has been portraying himself to the MMA community

I agree ... "Sensei" Seagal has been riding the coat tails of several fighters ... hasn't anyone noticed the fact that he is getting more noticed now ... his film career is pretty much dead ... who really watches his reality TV show ... I have to admit it is some brilliant marketing ... attaching your name to that of Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida ... but it makes MMA ... a sport that has spent many long years to build up a good image ... well it is almost a joke ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff