Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]

Eloquent Shapeshifter

I'd like to dabble in Wing Chun, but there arent any reliable schools around me.

To this day I am terrible at slapping out, so getting taken down is always a breathless moment. I did it wrong once and was bedridden with a bad concussion for four days.
Raeshe
I'd like to dabble in Wing Chun, but there arent any reliable schools around me.

To this day I am terrible at slapping out, so getting taken down is always a breathless moment. I did it wrong once and was bedridden with a bad concussion for four days.
Ouch. Being able to take a break fall is a very good skill to have. Its one of the first things we make white belts drill hard core before we let them participate in judo. After all it doesn't matter how soft you throw your toys if they don't know how to land.

Eloquent Shapeshifter

They start at white, but it doesn't become important until you get to purple. At purple you can wear a black gi, and that shows others too that you're experienced enough to be taken down. It only took once to learn the hard way. sweatdrop

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image

New poll?!

You do care about us, Goingd. biggrin User Image
theEmocarebear
User Image
User ImageUser Image

New poll?!

You do care about us, Goingd. biggrin User Image

But of course I care.

Anyway, quick li'l update: I moved to Los Angeles and I am getting ready to start my own program through a nearby recreation center. I'm all signed up with the city as a contract instructor, I just now need to get actual students...
theotherbakasurvivor
That was a beautiful hair and I went nuts when I saw it.
I do Tomiki Aikido, Kung Fu, some Silat and I did Tae Kwon Do for a while
aikigirl123
What Style/s of kung fu? And what made you chose Akido.
Karl_Krebs
aikigirl123

I do Shaolin Iron Tiger Kung Fu.

I chose Aikido at first not by my own doing. My friend took me to a clinic with her mainly so we could hang out. One of the Shihans' was over from Japan so I got to meet him. The clinic happened to be at the Dojo that's only like 15 min. from me. I fell in love with the place and the people. So, not to long after, I started class there. Also, I plan on being in the Military then in Law Enforcement, so I know I needed more Martial Arts than the little bit of Tae Kwon Do I have.
Happy 71st Birthday ... Master Lee ...

User Image

Way of the Dragon - Climactic Fight to the Death

You will be missed ...

Eloquent Shapeshifter

aikigirl123
Karl_Krebs
aikigirl123

I chose Aikido at first not by my own doing. My friend took me to a clinic with her mainly so we could hang out. One of the Shihans' was over from Japan so I got to meet him. The clinic happened to be at the Dojo that's only like 15 min. from me. I fell in love with the place and the people. So, not to long after, I started class there. Also, I plan on being in the Military then in Law Enforcement, so I know I needed more Martial Arts than the little bit of Tae Kwon Do I have.

Yee, I know what that is! *glomp* Its wonderful to see more of us from shaolin temple, regardless of the specific style.
Raeshe
aikigirl123
Karl_Krebs
aikigirl123

Yee, I know what that is! *glomp* Its wonderful to see more of us from shaolin temple, regardless of the specific style.
You guys do know the current leader bulldozed a small village near the temple to make the area nicer for tourists. It sad to see the temple now.

Eloquent Shapeshifter

Karl_Krebs
Raeshe
aikigirl123
Karl_Krebs
aikigirl123

You guys do know the current leader bulldozed a small village near the temple to make the area nicer for tourists. It sad to see the temple now.

Yeah I was sad about that... Its depressing what modernity(?) has done to wonderful traditions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff