Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]

I just got my blackbelt in Songham Tae Kwon Do on tuesday, it was awesome.
theEmocarebear
SportDog
I enjoy Tea Kwon Do!! I am a first degree black belt! I had to stop though because I got two serious concussions. cry

User Image
User ImageUser Image

'Can't wait for you to get back into it. First degree is a great time for realizing what you are working for . . . and how far you've come.

@Sekchi: Goingd hasn't been around recently. [/PoutFromLackofGoingd.] User Image

I can't wait either! I am hoping to go back in the next year or so.
theEmocarebear
SportDog
I enjoy Tea Kwon Do!! I am a first degree black belt! I had to stop though because I got two serious concussions. cry

User Image
User ImageUser Image

'Can't wait for you to get back into it. First degree is a great time for realizing what you are working for . . . and how far you've come.

@Sekchi: Goingd hasn't been around recently. [/PoutFromLackofGoingd.] User Image
then drag him back here damnit.

Profitable Smoker

6,125 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
sekchi-toguchi
then drag him back here damnit.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Here boy! *Cracks her rainbow whip in Goingd's direction.*

Any testings, past or present, guys? biggrin User Image
Uh, hi? T'appears I've been talked about. I suppose I'll give you guys an update?

I've been busy getting ready to move out to LA in about a month. For about four years I've been teaching for my instructor through his studio, but when I move I'll be running my own part time program through a nearby community center. I will be implementing my own curriculum and teaching methods. It should be fun.

Sooo, how is everyone's training and whatnot? Any questions you're looking for an answer to? I promise I'll check back soon to answer them.

Wealthy Guildswoman

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
goingd
Uh, hi? T'appears I've been talked about. I suppose I'll give you guys an update?

I've been busy getting ready to move out to LA in about a month. For about four years I've been teaching for my instructor through his studio, but when I move I'll be running my own part time program through a nearby community center. I will be implementing my own curriculum and teaching methods. It should be fun.

Sooo, how is everyone's training and whatnot? Any questions you're looking for an answer to? I promise I'll check back soon to answer them.

What martial art/s do you teach?

Question to you guys,

What point in your opponent's body do you prefer to attack first?
Hemlock_Thorne
goingd

Question to you guys,

I primarily teach Taekwondo, but I occasionally teach Hapkido and various weapons including kumdo sword, nunchucks, long staff and short stick.

To your question: In a self-defense situation I prefer to start with vital breaking points like the lower ribs or the temple. It helps to start things with a shock to create an almost immediate advantage.

Wealthy Guildswoman

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
I first go for soft spots like the eyes or the throat. If opponent can't see or breathe properly then it's a done deal.
Hemlock_Thorne
goingd

Question to you guys,

I prefer Legs or Or palm strikes to the face/neck area, I prefer to try and go for a Morote-gari (think double leg takedown), or a simple hip throw and then just old school step on the head if I believe I am in sever danger and I need to end the fight quickly as possible. My second trick is go for a flurry of straight punches to move them on the defensive then close if I know they are unarmed, if not I grab myself a chair and use it as 4 rods and strike the hands. If I feel Really threatened my palm strikes will lead into eye gouges if the situation warrants it.
This may be late but still worth it ...

REST IN PEACE ... our friend ...

User Image

BRUCE LEE
(27 November 1940 – 20 July 1973)
THE UFC IS GOING TO BE ON FOX !!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the press conference going on now ...

The Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC/Fox Deal Announcement

biggrin blaugh scream razz xd surprised lol rofl 4laugh

3,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Well you guys do fancy MMA, i do effective MMA.

Golden Gloves Boxing
Judo
Varsity Wrestling

Its not fancy but I am 3-0 Ammy. biggrin
Von der Fock
Well you guys do fancy MMA, i do effective MMA.

Golden Gloves Boxing
Judo
Varsity Wrestling

Its not fancy but I am 3-0 Ammy. biggrin
Judo and wrestling together is aways a recipe for some nice take downs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items