Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know your martial arts lineage? Explain in a post.

Yep 0.67567567567568 67.6% [ 25 ]
Nup 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
line-what? 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 115 116 117 > >> »|

2,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
It makes sense, it teaches the kids they have to follow rules or consequences follow. Respect is a big part of martial art, without it the system doesn't work as well...
Very true *noddle*

I wonder what I'll be taking next. I just don't want to drive an hour to get to my Jujitsu instructor. There is an Aikido dojo only like 4 miles away. A little farther is a Kendo club.

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
been doing it since i was 6. :3 im basically 18 now razz . im a second degree in TKD
and i dabblw with kung fu, jujitsu, multiple weapons arts and a bit of JKD
That is pretty cool.

I've never done any weapons training. There is like a Ninjitsu school near by but most people laugh at that stuff, I think they do weapons.
this sucks, i sit around at work and keep coming up with new ideas for when me and my buddy open our own place, but unfortunately we don't have the money....

and omg yay other peoples!
I know right, we has frieeeendssss

What kind of stuff have you thunks up?
FightingSpiritKA
I know right, we has frieeeendssss

What kind of stuff have you thunks up?
oh, all sorts of stuffs. from ways to get free advertising, to how to have strong bonds between students, to all sorts of other things.
Well very cool.

So what is everyone's opinion on ninpo/ninjutsu?
FightingSpiritKA
Well very cool.

not at all practical. 1. ninjas used sneaky to kill people that's what their style is about. 2. lots of weapons so wouldn't be practical to me. 3. i just can't take ninjustu seriously for some reason

a link you might want to check out.
they're trying to convince me that boxing and wrestling are both responsible for the west winning wars against the east.
http://community.artofmanliness.com/forum/topics/traditional-martial-arts-vs?xg_source=activity&id=2357106%3ATopic%3A743033&page=7#comments
Yeah, that is just about what I was thinking. I would love to learn some weapon forms though, even if they aren't practical. You can't carry a bo staff in your car.

Woooooow.
FightingSpiritKA
Yeah, that is just about what I was thinking. I would love to learn some weapon forms though, even if they aren't practical. You can't carry a bo staff in your car.

Woooooow.
you're right, but you can grab a broom stick or a pipe wink
you're not gonna carry a sword or a bokken with you, but you can keep a cane or a baseball bat in your car. night sticks and tonfa same thing, sai is just a long bladed knife with some prongs. but i doubt you'll find a practical use for a chain w/ a sickle attached to it, or a blow gun, or a kama.

use any of the last 3 and chances are you'll get in trouble for having the 'intent' to use.
FightingSpiritKA
Well very cool.

I remember a time when I was a kid ... like saying something around the lines of "I want to be a ninja when I grow up."

Now ... it is kinda annoying when someone says something involving ninjitsu ... and then all of a sudden it becomes a style vs style thing ... and ninjitsu (apparently) would smash everything (doesn't matter) ...

Sure it would be interesting to learn ... but with all the annoying things associated with ninjitsu nowadays (I blame Naruto for this) ... it has kinda lost its luster ... to me anyway ...
Sek ~ Touche sir! I always wanted to learn Nunchucks...

Baka ~ Well, I lurk Bullshido a lot and ninjitsu mostly gets ripped on despite my inner-child squealing for it to not be true.
FightingSpiritKA
Sek ~ Touche sir! I always wanted to learn Nunchucks...

Baka ~ Well, I lurk Bullshido a lot and ninjitsu mostly gets ripped on despite my inner-child squealing for it to not be true.

Exactly ... it was like XMA or pro wrestling back in the day ... looked really, really cool when you were a kid ... but now ... well ... you just kinda facepalm at it ...
Haha you really picked the most perfect examples XD

Oh well, I started realizing lately that even though I love the sport of MMA and training it, it mostly isn't taught in a martial way. Just a fighter's mentality, lacking the knowledge and spirituality

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff