Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Lover

9,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
Would marching bad be considered a sport?
Personaly i think it is, since i do colorgaurd for my schools marching band and stuff.

Beloved Friend

I consider it a sport. More colorguard than instrument players though, because just marching around isn't really a sport. We practice, just like any other sport. We compete, just like any other sport. We go to every football game, and we work our butts off! Do we sweat? Yes. Do we get dizzy from heat and exhaustion? Yes. Do we get injuries? YES. Amy, you and I both know good and well a smack in the face by a pole does not just feel like a pat on the cheek. Calling colorguard a hobby is like calling bowling a hobby. (Yes, for those of you ignorant people who don't know, bowling IS classified as a sport) Bowling is calm, and it takes practice. A week before band camp, colorguard has a pre-camp (for us there is, I don't know about you guys). It goes from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. I personally think it should be longer, but the drums practice in the morning, so we can't have more time. And then Band Camp goes from 8:00am to 5:00pm. AND HEY all you fellow band members, we all know the funniest crap happens at band camp. Wow, I could've just said, "Yes. It is a sport in my book" But this ended up as a rant... Oh well. IT IS A SPORT. Thank you.

Beloved Friend

I feel like giving your thread a bump. I wanna see other opinions. razz

Shirtless Lover

9,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
same here, i just hope more people post their opions

Sparkly Seeker

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Streaker 200
Marching band is TOTALLY a sport. If you get short of breath during it, then it's a sport. Other people irritate me when they say that it isn't especially when they've never even done it. Does that bug any of you?

Shirtless Lover

9,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
lil chica 34
Marching band is TOTALLY a sport. If you get short of breath during it, then it's a sport. Other people irritate me when they say that it isn't especially when they've never even done it. Does that bug any of you?

colorguard is more of a sport the cheerleading is. and agreed that bother me a bunch.

Beloved Friend

lil chica 34

What bothers me is that people think it's only full of geeks. MMM that is a LIE. Have you SEEN the drum line?? And our drum major this year is pretty darn hot lol. And I don't know about you guys, but band competitions is where you can meet people!

Sparkly Seeker

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Streaker 200
idk...our drum line isn't that cute but our drum major sure was!!

Beloved Friend

I remember at a band competition... the captain of the drum line of another school and his brother were talking to me and my friends and they bought like 5 pieces of pizza and I'm like "can I pleeeaase have a piece" and pouted lol he's like "You're cute... and I want to give you a piece... UGH Don't look at me like that! DUDE (his brother) tell her she can't have a piece, cuz I can't." Brother: "Screw you, you can't have any" And he dragged his brother and the pizza away lol! AW MAN haha. I was SO flattered x3 I was like Eeee in my head haha ahhh band... YES.
Yeah, i'd say so. Last year I came home after practice after school everyday and fell asleep for a few hours because I was just that exhausted. Barely finished my homework. I'm always getting short of breath, it's totally a sport. In my school, we get P.E. credit for marching. p:
xx-Chel_See-xx
I remember at a band competition... the captain of the drum line of another school and his brother were talking to me and my friends and they bought like 5 pieces of pizza and I'm like "can I pleeeaase have a piece" and pouted lol he's like "You're cute... and I want to give you a piece... UGH Don't look at me like that! DUDE (his brother) tell her she can't have a piece, cuz I can't." Brother: "Screw you, you can't have any" And he dragged his brother and the pizza away lol! AW MAN haha. I was SO flattered x3 I was like Eeee in my head haha ahhh band... YES.

Hahah this reminds me of one of my football games. Usually our drum majors and the opposing teams go around the track and introduce themselves to the other band. And there was this really cute drum major and when he came over, all the girls started giggling. Hahaha. My mom recorded it.

3,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I think it is. In my marching band we work out all the time and always have to be in shape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff