Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Havocally

Nice to see that someone who is so obviously uneducated about it have such a strong opinion... And I'm not too sure what a "flippy-do" would consist of. I hope you know that sideline cheering is the a**-crack of the sports world and gives us all a bad name, as you demonstrated here.

"Uneducated?" I used to be a cheerleader [only because my best friend was].

So I'd say I have room for opinion.

As for a fliipy-do... you know, a flippy thing. A round off or back handspring or what not. That stuff is actually challenging, and kinda fun to watch.
Irish Italiano

As for a fliipy-do... you know, a flippy thing. A round off or back handspring or what not. That stuff is actually challenging, and kinda fun to watch.

Ah okay, I assumed you were just trolling or something. I can understand people who aren't into it once they've actually tried it, it just irks me when people make stupid assumptions about it based on stereotypes when they really don't know anything about it. That was my bad.

Did the team you were on do stunting at all? Or was it mostly floor tumbling and dance?

6,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Havocally
Irish Italiano

Ah okay, I assumed you were just trolling or something. I can understand people who aren't into it once they've actually tried it, it just irks me when people make stupid assumptions about it based on stereotypes when they really don't know anything about it. That was my bad.

Did the team you were on do stunting at all? Or was it mostly floor tumbling and dance?

Irks. Haha, that's a funny word.

Eheheh, sorry.
Yeah, I joined because my best friend was on it, like I said, and it wasn't my thing.

We did a little lifting and stuff, but not much. Really mostly just dancing.
Irks. Haha, that's a funny word.

Eheheh, sorry.
Yeah, I joined because my best friend was on it, like I said, and it wasn't my thing.

We did a little lifting and stuff, but not much. Really mostly just dancing.

Yea, we always have a couple people join just because of their friends or they think it'll make them popular or something, but they usually don't stick around for long which is unfortunate because it's hard to replace people.

Ah okay, that kinda sucks. The only reason I'm on the team is for the stunting, if it weren't for that there's no way I'd be involved. Too boring without stunts, and typical cheerleading dances are easy and repetitive. It would get old too fast. I can understand why you wouldn't really be a fan of that.
i'm not a cheerleader, but when i watch my friends cheer and stunt at games, it's mindblowing.
Cheerleading is the toughest looking sport out there.

2,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Bootquick
A sport is a game in which you compete to get points.

Cheerleading is not a sport.
sports is not always scoring

2,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bootquick
A sport is a game in which you compete to get points.

Cheerleading is not a sport.

sport - n -
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.
a particular form of this, especially in the out of doors.
diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.
jest; fun; mirth; pleasantry: What he said in sport was taken seriously.
mockery; ridicule; derision: They made sport of him.

This was copied from a dictionary.
Tell me where it says anywhere about getting points.
You're wrong.

Bowling is technically a sport because you're rolling a heavy ball down an isle.
Football is a sport not because of the points, but because of the skill and recreation.
Skateboarding is a sport because it actually takes a LOT to do those tricks.

If those are sports,
then cheerleading is a sport because a lot of times,
you're throwing people who are like, 130lbs? (I don't know, I don't cheer)
But that's not just the hard part.
Imagine you and three other people catching 130lbs with just your arms after they've been flung into the air.
Imagine when they're in the air, they're counting on you to hold them up there and keep them up there.

To be able to do that is pretty impressive to me. (:
Rebellious Mastermind
Bootquick
If those are sports,
then cheerleading is a sport because a lot of times,
you're throwing people who are like, 130lbs? (I don't know, I don't cheer)

It depends on how good the flyer is, generally up to 130 lbs (At max, or something like that). I also have a male friend who used to cheer and he (and the other guys) practiced with heavier girls as well.

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
i love cheerlading because i am one GO TEAM
and it is a sport.....
I say cheerleading is a sport your getting active and moving around and having dun too do forget it is a sppor And your Competing aganist other teams that cheer
Cheerleading is kinda a sport confused
Yeah! In cheer u work ur a** off to be the best!!! stressed

Shy Noob

10,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
I will say yes cheerleading is a sport, you need to workout, also discipline and flexibility while you are performing.
Cheerleading is definitely a sport. As a cheerleader myself, all of us work very hard at what we do. Being a flyer, it takes a tremendous amount of flexibility and muscle to keep yourself standing on a pair of hands. The bases and backspots work extremely hard as well, keeping a girl up in the air while doing fancy tricks is tough. The amount if tumbling in cheerleading is also challenging. Try a round off backhand spring layout to a double full. Sounds tough, right? It is. And yesssss, side line cheer is also a sport, not just competitive. We do equal amounts of stunting and tumbling, we go to competitions, get points, etc.

/rantover

emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas