Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lily the Vocaloid
it's not a sport. i call cheerleaders whoreleaders. razz

Ooh how clever and funny you are. Get a life and a brain. For all I know, you're probably the whore here, so gtfo and save your trolling for someone else =]
How awesome. Something from the Playtex thing came up and it said "Sport" right when I was on this forum topic.

7,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
it is in its own way
Cheerleading is a sport. It involved dancing, tumbling, stunting, and a chear, which all require synchronized movements. During these movements you must keep your muscles tight at ALL TIMES. It is EXHAUSTING.

Think a football player could do this on damand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yX3w8MW_0Y
Denkou Soshiatae
Cheerleading is a sport. It involved dancing, tumbling, stunting, and a chear, which all require synchronized movements. During these movements you must keep your muscles tight at ALL TIMES. It is EXHAUSTING.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yX3w8MW_0Y

Ah that is one of my favourite videos! It looks like they're stunting on the freaking moon! They make it look totally effortless, which is another extremely tough part about cheer. It's our job to make what we're doing look easy and not look completely drained by the end of the routine.
Havocally
Denkou Soshiatae

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yX3w8MW_0Y

Ah that is one of my favourite videos! It looks like they're stunting on the freaking moon! They make it look totally effortless, which is another extremely tough part about cheer. It's our job to make what we're doing look easy and not look completely drained by the end of the routine.
Haha, even though we are!
At a summer camp held by my high school team for the middle school team, our coaches asked us to do what we remembered of our routine... without warmups!
So we did the routine and just about dropped dead when it was over. but It was so funny!
B i x B E A U T Y
CutiePie6661
athletes lift weights cheerleaders lift people. I don't see any other sports throwing crazy stunts that are feet of the ground
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm all for cheerleading as a sport because I've done it since 2nd grade and it is by no means easy, but are you being a bit contradictory when you say "Athletes lift weights, cheerleaders lift people"?

Cheerleaders ARE athletes dear.

*wimps lift weights,athletes lift people wink
No it's not a sport is where ppl get points so no it's not. Like marching band we do almost the same thing a cheer except for all the tumbles and stuff we also do competitions like u do but is it considered a sport even though we work as hard as the others NOOOO so if ur sport is not on tv then it's not a sport is what I say
AnimeRules140
No it's not a sport is where ppl get points so no it's not. Like marching band we do almost the same thing a cheer except for all the tumbles and stuff we also do competitions like u do but is it considered a sport even though we work as hard as the others NOOOO so if ur sport is not on tv then it's not a sport is what I say

1. Cheerleaders are awarded points by judges based on difficulty and execution of their routine in including tumbling, dance, stunting, and of course the cheer.

2. Marching Band is nothing like cheer honey. Trust me, I do both and marching band is a walk in the park compared to cheer practice. While it is more difficult than most people give it credit for, it's honestly nothing close to the SPORT of cheerleading.

3. So gymnastics isn't a sport? Croquet isn't a sport? Softball isn't a sport? Lacrosse isn't a Sport? All these sports get very little airtime/television coverage. Just like Cheerleading, which is televised might I add. You definition of sport is that is has to be on television right? Then I guess like Jersey Shore or Hannah Montana, they're sports too 'cuse they're on tv right?

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Bootquick
A sport is a game in which you compete to get points.

Cheerleading is not a sport.

What are u saying? Clear That It Is a Sport. Why u say that?

5,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
well it depends:
if its just the stupid cheers they do for school definitly not but if its like competitive and they are like throwing eachother in the air and stuff like that then yes its a sport!
insane in da membrane
your mom is a sport

confused

ummmm
Yesssssss...I am head cheerleader at school and it is a sport! We certainly look better then the ones on the field.

6,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I actually really hate cheerleading... bleehhh....

But if you're doing flippy-do's and what not competitively, I see that more sporty that a group of girls in skimpy outfits yelling at a crowd in the stands to "Be aggressive!"
Irish Italiano
I actually really hate cheerleading... bleehhh....

But if you're doing flippy-do's and what not competitively, I see that more sporty that a group of girls in skimpy outfits yelling at a crowd in the stands to "Be aggressive!"

Nice to see that someone who is so obviously uneducated about it have such a strong opinion... And I'm not too sure what a "flippy-do" would consist of. I hope you know that sideline cheering is the a**-crack of the sports world and gives us all a bad name, as you demonstrated here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff