Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok first of all, I am in marching band, my band has been Atlantic Coast Champions for 2 years, last year we ran a ten minute show. I am also an avid sports fan, and former player, both little league and school.

Is it as physically demanding as say, football, or basketball? Yes it is, for the most part, for instance, we run, we do yoga like forms to increase endurance. However for the most part it is not "contact" but neither is basketball, but yet if you watch a game you will see many of men or women being hit, the same with marching band, there are plenty of rifles, flags, swords, instructors, judges, and instruments buzzing around you at and given run through, are you going to hit one in your 4 years of high school marching band? Yes.

Now this is the thing that gets me, for the most part most band members dislike those on the sports team. So why are we fighting so hard, against all odds to prove marching band is a sport? Wouldn't that make us hypocrites?

This is an endless debate, no matter what, those who are in a full fledged marching band will say it is a sport, those who aren't, usually say no way.

Now if you flame this then you apparently didn't read any of this, that includes my fellow brethren who are in a brotherhood know as marching band.
I don't know how it is for anybody else, but it's not like that at my alma mater. We used to complain that the football team sucked because they honestly did. There may have been people in our band that didn't like the people who played other sports, but there were none that I knew of. I actually knew people that were in marching band and did other sports.
But feh... Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff