Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What is your favourite type of horse riding to take part in?

Dressage 0.088888888888889 8.9% [ 8 ]
Jumping / Cross Country 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 20 ]
Trail riding / Pleasure riding 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 33 ]
Racing 0.022222222222222 2.2% [ 2 ]
Polo / Polocrosse 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Rodeo events 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 3 ]
Vaulting / Trick riding 0.011111111111111 1.1% [ 1 ]
Other 0.14444444444444 14.4% [ 13 ]
I don't ride 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 90 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

4,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ya ive been riding for about 6 or 7 years and LOVE horses! i also cant have my own though cuz they are expensive. ive always like pelasure riding but i want to start jumping. biggrin biggrin

High-functioning Raider

I just bought my first horse a little over a week ago. An older mare, who is so sweet and gentle, and not real spooky. She is a Tennessee Walker named Copy Cat Lady. Though I do not plan on showing her, she has a very impressive pedigree. I was blown away when I looked up some of her grand sire's names! My sister also owns a Tennessee Walker named Pistols Little Honey. I am falling in love with Walkers!

4,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Midna_of_Twili
I just bought my first horse a little over a week ago. An older mare, who is so sweet and gentle, and not real spooky. She is a Tennessee Walker named Copy Cat Lady. Though I do not plan on showing her, she has a very impressive pedigree. I was blown away when I looked up some of her grand sire's names! My sister also owns a Tennessee Walker named Pistols Little Honey. I am falling in love with Walkers!

urr soooooo lucky!

High-functioning Raider

k1i2r3b4y5
Midna_of_Twili

urr soooooo lucky!

Lol It took me forever to find the right one! All it takes is a little patience to find the one for you at the right price!

4,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Midna_of_Twili
k1i2r3b4y5
Midna_of_Twili

urr soooooo lucky!

Lol It took me forever to find the right one! All it takes is a little patience to find the one for you at the right price!

ya but we dont live on horse property and we cant afford to board it at a barn =(
i have also loved horses... sinse i new they existed.. it was just last summer my parent finally let me take part in horsback riding... i started off in saddleseat... its a very formal way of riding... my teacher was pretty mean and they kept the horses in pitch black stalls tht were so small the horses cud barely turn around in them crying now i go to this other place where i do jumping... i just started jumping and my favorite part is cantering rofl i love horses and horseback riding smile ))) heart
k1i2r3b4y5
Midna_of_Twili
k1i2r3b4y5
Midna_of_Twili

urr soooooo lucky!

ya but we dont live on horse property and we cant afford to board it at a barn =(

i wwish i could by a horse but i have no room for it and cant aford to keep it at astable... i go to one hour horseback riding lessons once a week though.... and i love tnnessee walking horses smile you lucky duckling

Anxious Conversationalist

MiniatureMaddie
i have also loved horses... sinse i new they existed.. it was just last summer my parent finally let me take part in horsback riding... i started off in saddleseat... its a very formal way of riding... my teacher was pretty mean and they kept the horses in pitch black stalls tht were so small the horses cud barely turn around in them crying now i go to this other place where i do jumping... i just started jumping and my favorite part is cantering rofl i love horses and horseback riding smile ))) heart

Cantering is very fun, I enjoy it as well. biggrin
k1i2r3b4y5
Ya ive been riding for about 6 or 7 years and LOVE horses! i also cant have my own though cuz they are expensive. ive always like pelasure riding but i want to start jumping. biggrin biggrin
ahh i just started jumping.. ive been riding for about a year now.... and you dont no.. there are alot of cheap horses on the internet smile but i couldnt get one cuz feedin them and keepin them at stables all add u to a big expence... so yes horses r expensive.. cnt wait for when im older maybe ill get one then smile

High-functioning Raider

MiniatureMaddie
k1i2r3b4y5
ahh i just started jumping.. ive been riding for about a year now.... and you dont no.. there are alot of cheap horses on the internet smile but i couldnt get one cuz feedin them and keepin them at stables all add u to a big expence... so yes horses r expensive.. cnt wait for when im older maybe ill get one then smile

It is very true that horses are very expensive. Sometimes you can find a horse that is at a fairly decent price, and sometimes the people are nice enough to accept payments from you(kinda like paying off a car). That's how I got my lovely Lady. But with all bills from the vet and the farrier, to buying feed every other week and buying hay off of farmers, as well as getting worming meds for the horse, it all adds up quick. We haven't even added tack in yet! But it is so worth it!
Midna_of_Twili
MiniatureMaddie
k1i2r3b4y5

It is very true that horses are very expensive. Sometimes you can find a horse that is at a fairly decent price, and sometimes the people are nice enough to accept payments from you(kinda like paying off a car). That's how I got my lovely Lady. But with all bills from the vet and the farrier, to buying feed every other week and buying hay off of farmers, as well as getting worming meds for the horse, it all adds up quick. We haven't even added tack in yet! But it is so worth it!
oh i bet!!! that woud be awesome... i would love to own a horse smile and yeah tht would be really hard to pay for all tht

4,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
k1i2r3b4y5
Midna_of_Twili
k1i2r3b4y5
Midna_of_Twili

urr soooooo lucky!

Have you thought of Part-Boarding a horse? That's what I do. Normal Part-Board is 200$/month around here, more expensive at other barns, though. For that you can ride twice a week, no instructor (though you can probably work out something different with your instructor).

I actually do a Part-Part-Board, as I couldn't afford 200$ when I started, and didn't (still don't) have time to go up three times a week. Or, I have time, but no ride. So I pay 100$ and get 1 ride per week, and then I pay for lessons once a week.

4,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Midna_of_Twili
MiniatureMaddie
k1i2r3b4y5

Yeah, that's why I think getting a horse myself is not a good idea, even if I do somehow get the extra money. I mean, I'd have no problem saving up to get the horse, but to keep it would be a different story.

High-functioning Raider

*UPDATE* Wow its been awhile since anyone posted on this thread! But anyway.. I think maybe, possibly, that my mare is pregnant! I would take to her to a vet to find out, buuuuut I don't have a trailer. crying And I live so far out in the country, and I honestly don't think the vet would come out that far..... My fingers are crossed that she gives me a definite sign that she is/isn't!
Midna_of_Twili
*UPDATE* Wow its been awhile since anyone posted on this thread! But anyway.. I think maybe, possibly, that my mare is pregnant! I would take to her to a vet to find out, buuuuut I don't have a trailer. crying And I live so far out in the country, and I honestly don't think the vet would come out that far..... My fingers are crossed that she gives me a definite sign that she is/isn't!

Oh wow.! That'd be quite exciting if she was. Has she been out in a pasture with a stallion.? Or maybe she could've accidently been bred.? And I'm sure the vet would come out, that's part of their job. Making house calls. My vet charges a small fee for coming out to my barn though, so I don't know if yours would or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff