Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What is your favourite type of horse riding to take part in?

Dressage 0.088888888888889 8.9% [ 8 ]
Jumping / Cross Country 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 20 ]
Trail riding / Pleasure riding 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 33 ]
Racing 0.022222222222222 2.2% [ 2 ]
Polo / Polocrosse 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Rodeo events 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 3 ]
Vaulting / Trick riding 0.011111111111111 1.1% [ 1 ]
Other 0.14444444444444 14.4% [ 13 ]
I don't ride 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 90 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

4,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Have e’er you seen the Pixies, the fold not blest or banned?
The Pixies know no sorrow, the Pixies feel no fear...
Age lays no finger on them, the reaper time goes by

¤
I take lessons at a local barn. I don't own a horse myself, sadly, but I part-board one.

There's one horse in the barn that I really wish I owned, though. Duncan:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

His owner just leaves him there and only wants to use him for hacks, so he never gets ridden, and is sometimes picked on by the other horses in his pasture. I took a liking to him when I was watching my friends ride two years ago. I've only been riding for a year and a half and I feed him apples and mints whenever I'm there and can spare them. Isn't he gorgeous??
¤

And are not sad for flowers they gathered yesterday
To-day has crimson foxglove
To-morrow will have its rose.
i love horses...sadly i do not own one...the stable i go to is in to dressage and a little bit of show jumping while i like western and enderince...I was suprised to see how many other peole on gaia liked horses...

4,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
zazie167
i love horses...sadly i do not own one...the stable i go to is in to dressage and a little bit of show jumping while i like western and enderince...I was suprised to see how many other peole on gaia liked horses...
Have e’er you seen the Pixies, the fold not blest or banned?
The Pixies know no sorrow, the Pixies feel no fear...
Age lays no finger on them, the reaper time goes by

¤

Being low large Gaia is, I was actually thinking there would be more people who liked horses. I guess not many have found out how awesome they are blaugh
¤

And are not sad for flowers they gathered yesterday
To-day has crimson foxglove
To-morrow will have its rose.
thats true
Uchiha Ame -Raine-
I do!! Ive done everything western, now Im going back to English & working on Dressage & Jumping. This is my foxtrotter, Duke.

User Image
btw:
FOXTROTTERS RULE!!!!! ^_^

Hear hear

Here's my fox trotter:

She's fox trotting here:
User Image

And just had her bath here
User Image

4,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I have a pony called Sarek. 4laugh And he is too small for me to ride, but I'm driving him with a carriage instead. smile But my mom is a riding instructor so I have her as my coach on my riding and in my driving with Sarek. It's very fun to drive horse with carriage. You shood try it! I think you will like it!

Fashionable Shapeshifter

5,175 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
I ride hunter/jumper and have been since I was 6. Right now I ride for my college's intercollegiate team. But I plan to work with 6 horses over the summer and possibly working at my barn's summer camp.

Anxious Conversationalist

Well all the pictures people have posted of their horses thus so far are really pretty. Too bad there aren't many horse role plays on gaia there are a few but the ones I've seen are dead, sadly. I wished I owned a horse, but I don't. I am awfully attached to one horse however. His name is π, pronounced like pie. Because his name is literally the number. He's huge, because he used to be a race horse, but then one day when he twas racing a rock came up from the track and hit 'im in the eye, so he's now blind in one eye. But he's so sweet, and I'm glad he's at the barn I ride at. Besides I thik he's kinda attached to me too, for he listens to me and obviously loves me. But thats why I call him my baby even though he isn't my horse, just the stables....
I LOVE HORSES! I am getting one but right now I take lessons. I prefer western xd
I love horses! Especially Morgans. heart I've been riding since I was eight years old, and I ride western pleasure. I have two horses (well, ones mine and the other is my dad's). My horse is a six year old sorrel Lambert Morgan mare named Daisy Darling. The Lambert line of Morgans are very rare (less than 300 left in the world!), so I am very privileged to own one. My dad's horse is a eight year old dark bay Morgan gelding named Cody. He is such a trouble maker! He'll be off doing something bone-headed while Daisy just gives him a blank stare. xd I love my horses! They have such distinctive personalities. smile I haven't gotten a chance to ride in awhile, though. sad
User Image
          I <3 horses more than any other living animal on this freakin' planet. Haha. My favorite events are Rodeo Eventing and I really am interested in Cross Country racing so I'm thinking about looking into that. This fall I'm joining my college rodeo team hopefully, cross your fingers! (:

Here's just a few of the horses I adore.

Pride

Rosie

Annie

Sky

April

Feather (aka Little Girl)

Feather 2

Stormy

and

Balarina.

This is hardly all of them. Haha. I volunteer at a rescue ranch and at another ranch where the owner cannot do anything with his horses since his knees are bad. However, due to issues I cannot go out there any more. But I still attend the rescue ranch.

I don't own a horse of my own, but I sure wish I did! Someday I will, hopefully a big stud whose heart I hold in my hand. [:

Anxious Conversationalist

CC_Rikku
User Image
          I <3 horses more than any other living animal on this freakin' planet. Haha. My favorite events are Rodeo Eventing and I really am interested in Cross Country racing so I'm thinking about looking into that. This fall I'm joining my college rodeo team hopefully, cross your fingers! (:

Here's just a few of the horses I adore.

Pride

Rosie

Annie

Sky

April

Feather (aka Little Girl)

Feather 2

Stormy

and

Balarina.

This is hardly all of them. Haha. I volunteer at a rescue ranch and at another ranch where the owner cannot do anything with his horses since his knees are bad. However, due to issues I cannot go out there any more. But I still attend the rescue ranch.

I don't own a horse of my own, but I sure wish I did! Someday I will, hopefully a big stud whose heart I hold in my hand. [:

A dog in the sunlight.....

Cool horses, sorry about you not being able to go out there, it must be hard, I know if it were me , I would miss the horses so much....

A horse in the moonlight...

3,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yes, I am a horse lover. I don't own my own horse, but I REALLY want to. If I had one, I would want a black and white paint or pinto. I would name him Prince Oreo. I am most interested in Dressage riding. I used to ride, but I quit. Don't get me wrong, I still LOOOOOOOOOOOVE horses. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart When I did ride, I used to jump. I fell off 3 times in less that one year. Then, I quit. I want to take it back up again, but in a different place. Visit - hiddenhollow.net and click on horses. I used to ride Skye, Ditto, Dieseal, and some other ones. PM me if u have an questions.
User Image

Omigoodness, horses have been my favorite thing in the whole entire world since I was four. x3
I've been riding for six years, have taken lessons in pretty much everything, and have my very own horse now; <-- Buck, a Quarter Horse/Thoroughbred-or Appendix-(though I've been told he's really good at impersonating camels) and we've been together for two years this June(:
He was used a ropin' and cow horse by his former owner, but now we just stick to trails.(:

"People have always scared me a bit, you see.? - they're so complicated. I suppose that's why I prefer horses." - From the movie, Seperate Tables, 1958

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff