Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I love jazz and hip-hop. In my state it is a sport!!!!! mrgreen
hip hop and jazz
Sweet Reeses Girl
What's your favorite style of dance? (I know people think dance isn't a real sport but it should be)

Hm. Well. I can only say the one's I have done.

But I do quite love Tahitian, Hip-Hop, and Jazz.

I respect Ballet but it's not the type of dance for me.
tails0793
I just like to be able to dance in my ballet, tap and jazz classes and with people who know that i am not the best technically, the worst in my class actually. Dance is a sport, my mom told my dad off today for saying it wasn't by telling him that a 4-5 minute dance takes more strength and stamina than playing and entire football game.

I disagree that a four or five minute dance takes more strength or stamina. Especially with how long Football games last. Though dance practice for hours, is a different story.

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
I wouldn't really say dance is a sport but this forum is the best place for it to fit in since dance is a form of fitness, just as sport it (maybe the forums should be called 'sport & fitness'?), and it can require just as much skill and fitness level as any sport out there. Dance is more of an art form also because many dances tell a story and it takes grace and elegance depending on the style you're doing.

I currently do belly dancing and love it, it's really beautiful to watch and can be made to be quite sensual. In belly dancing you learn to move your body in ways you generally wouldn't and achieve good core strength and balance as you have to isolate different parts of your body.

I'd also love to learn to swing dance because it's such a fast and fun dance involving a lot of fast dance steps with fun moves flipping your partner over your shoulder or being thrown around the place. It's an amazing way to get fit, lose weight and gain upper body strength.
dance rlly shud be a real sport some ballerinas can jump higher than basketball players, and dance takes up alot more energy
i like hip hop i do dance competitions for hip hop smile
ive been on my schools advanced dance team since i was a freshmen! i just love dance!!! i do all kinds jazz,hip-hop,ballet,lyrical, and many more!!!! 3nodding
Sweet Reeses Girl
What's your favorite style of dance? (I know people think dance isn't a real sport but it should be)
here is me and my schools advanced dance team 3nodding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qBwC_ev40
kay2kay
ITechnowolfI
clumsydancer777
ballet.
it is a sport i wanna see all thoose people who say it isnt a sport put their leg up by their ear and hold it there.

That's only like a hundredth of cheer! Not saying that dance shouldn't be a sport though. I'm just saying, there is a sport out there that already does that.

But do you do a dozen turns, calypso out of it, not land on your butt and still look pretty?

Eh, I'm a contemporary dancer. I was just saying. They don't do that, but they can have grace too.

Intellectual Lunatic

iPono
tails0793
I just like to be able to dance in my ballet, tap and jazz classes and with people who know that i am not the best technically, the worst in my class actually. Dance is a sport, my mom told my dad off today for saying it wasn't by telling him that a 4-5 minute dance takes more strength and stamina than playing and entire football game.

I disagree that a four or five minute dance takes more strength or stamina. Especially with how long Football games last. Though dance practice for hours, is a different story.

I'm on my school's dance team and we have to do dances for pretty much the full duration of the football games...jus sayin:] Oh and we have to look pretty the whole time. All smiles razz the audience can' t know how much we're dying out there.

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Fluffie Kittie
clumsydancer777
ballet.
it is a sport i wanna see all thoose people who say it isnt a sport put their leg up by their ear and hold it there.

That's only like a hundredth of cheer! Not saying that dance shouldn't be a sport though. I'm just saying, there is a sport out there that already does that.

Maybe, but try doing it on the tips of your toes and then say it's not harder than cheer

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Breakdance, hiphop, and cwalk smile )
Cwalking, Jerking, and HipHop
well.
i know alot of styles of dance.
Popping, Breaking, Locking, Tutting, Hip-Hop, Freestyle.

but my fav (and also my style) is Popping, Tutting, and Freestyle (with a Hip Hop feel to it).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff