NO BECAUSE IT IS BORING
GOKU 2 THE MAX
NO BECAUSE IT IS BORING

What about cheerleading is boring?
GOKU 2 THE MAX
NO BECAUSE IT IS BORING

Watch Allstar. Problem solved.
beautifuldream8
Cheerleading is a sport in my view because like any sport, cheerleaders have to have the motivation to get better, the eagerness to learn, and the determination and heart to work for themselves and team members. So, yes. Cheerleading is a sport.

Thank you, you said it perfectly. Sports aren't about strength and winning, they're about personal achievement. =]
competition cheerleading: yes
Sports cheerleading: no

Beloved Friend

The gymnastics in it are a sport. But that's not cheering. Cheering itself in NOT a sport. Like, back in your mothers day. It wasn't a sport, because they weren't just flipping around on mats. They were cheering on the teams and giving school spirit. Nowadays, it's pretty much gymnastics with some cheering here and there. So yeah. GYMNASTICS is a sport. Cheering is not.

Beloved Friend

Oh, and about the whole snobs thing. Some of you aren't. I know the head cheerleader at my school actually plays in percussion in our band. BUT. Most of the girls on our schools squad ARE snobs. I'm on colorguard (which I consider a sport, because it also is competitive, challenging, and physically active, so don't get me started please) And this year, one of the cheerleaders tried out (sorry, she didn't make it though...) and we asked her why. She said she looooves gymnastics, because she's been doing them since she was 3, but she just can't STAND the people on the squad. She said they all think they're better than the others and don't work well together. But hey, that's just my school, I don't know about everyone else's.
xx-Chel_See-xx
The gymnastics in it are a sport. But that's not cheering. Cheering itself in NOT a sport. Like, back in your mothers day. It wasn't a sport, because they weren't just flipping around on mats. They were cheering on the teams and giving school spirit. Nowadays, it's pretty much gymnastics with some cheering here and there. So yeah. GYMNASTICS is a sport. Cheering is not.

What about teams that don't cheer at all... There's teams that also don't incorporate gymnastics tumbling, like my highschool team. A lot of teams just do acrobatic stunts like tosses, so like throwing people 20+ feet in the air, and pyramids, which aren't your stereotypical kneeling on eachother's backs, it's like, actually stacking people on shoulders and hands. Competition routines are pretty much solely stunting with a bit of dance movements and some gymnastics. Just thought I'd give light to what real cheerleading looks like versus sideline cheering.
Seriously, I can't believe that this is a debate. I am highly erudite and also a cheerleader. Cheerleading is a sport. It is almost just like gymnastics with a twist. I can't believe how ignorant people are. Try doing a few back hand springs and walk-overs and toe-touches yourself before you comment.

Beloved Friend

Vapid Havoc
xx-Chel_See-xx

What about teams that don't cheer at all... There's teams that also don't incorporate gymnastics tumbling, like my highschool team. A lot of teams just do acrobatic stunts like tosses, so like throwing people 20+ feet in the air, and pyramids, which aren't your stereotypical kneeling on eachother's backs, it's like, actually stacking people on shoulders and hands. Competition routines are pretty much solely stunting with a bit of dance movements and some gymnastics. Just thought I'd give light to what real cheerleading looks like versus sideline cheering.

Then, shouldn't sideline cheer people be called the appropriate name "Cheerleaders", and the stunt people not? If all they were to do is pyramids and tossing people, isn't that not cheering, so they shouldn't actually be called "Cheerleaders"? Why don't they just leave the cheerleaders to cheering, and the stunting/gymnastics make a seperate team? I mean, then you wouldn't have to be athletic to be a cheerleader! You could have school spirit (which is what it's SUPPOSED to be all about), and do a few spread eagles here and there. Some of the cheerleaders at my school (again, just mine, some of you probably aren't like this) They're only in it because of the gymnastics and stunts, and don't have ANY school spirit. They should just make two SEPERATE teams. Then everyone would be happy. Geez.
Cheerleading is a sport but i dont cheer for a basketball or football team i do Competitive Cheer so its not all about yelling and saying go team its wayy more but 2nd thought i dont cheer for high schools sooooo yea

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff