Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think cheerleading is a sport? Why or why not?
No because cheerleading is cheering not sport. Sports is when they have a bunch of ppl and making them play cherleading is when a bunch of ppl cheer together!
Well Cheer leading has competition... So technically it's a sport, but I beg to differ.
A sport is not just about competition. It's about the work that goes into it. Cheerleaders do just as much work as any other athlete. They do wieghtlifting, running, competitions..... They're out there in all weather cheering on the teams. They are a team. They work hard to support their school and create more school spirit. It's a lot harder than it looks.

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
It is a sport: They train, have competitions, and work hard to master what they do. I even heard a wrestling coach say that his daughter worked harder in cheerleading than his wrestlers worked in practice. Some cheerleaders do get a bad rep because they wear risque outfits or act snobby, but there are snobs in any sport. The cheerleaders I've known have also been honor students, band geeks, etc.
cheerleading is a sport to see panties 4laugh

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
well i don't cheer
X-Frizz-X
cheerleading isnt a sport, its jst lots of sluts dancy around in short frilly skirts. Cheerleaders are snobby, they hav there own hed stuk up there arses xp

Pretty sure you're the one who's got their head stuck up her a** if that's what you think... We don't "dance around". We do some dancing, but we also do gymnastics, and pyramids and tosses. And we are not sluts, stop being so ignorant.
Swagga_King 048
No because cheerleading is cheering not sport. Sports is when they have a bunch of ppl and making them play cherleading is when a bunch of ppl cheer together!

Cheerleading involves dance, gymnastics, jumps, and stunting. Pretty sure you're thinking of sideline cheering, not competitive cheerleading. There's a huge difference.
and u get to cheer for other teams
and its great to be in the championship!
no cause all yall do is scream out words...bt yet yall do flips and s**t which thats is a workout and particially a sport bt screaming out words..no it aint a sport...softball and baseball and stuff like thats is a sport
Cheerleading is not a "sport" really. They r more of supporters and reps of their school. I wouldn't do it becuase i think it's kinda useless but hey watever floats ur boat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff