Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.K, I was watching Tods and Tiaras and a lady said it was a sport, any thoughts?
No ... sure there is competition ... but the same could be said about acting ... not a sport ...
I don't know...I mean most people won't appreciate it being called a sport. But I have a lot of friends who do pageants and it really is a lot of hard work, people don't realize that. They work hard, practice, train...to perform for an award. That's what a sport is right? hmm... good question!
ScarletPetrova
I don't know...I mean most people won't appreciate it being called a sport. But I have a lot of friends who do pageants and it really is a lot of hard work, people don't realize that. They work hard, practice, train...to perform for an award. That's what a sport is right? hmm... good question!

Exactly my thoughts!<3
baka_boy1221
No ... sure there is competition ... but the same could be said about acting ... not a sport ...

Acting isn't a sport, but it's just as much hard work as football
The term "sport" is used to describe different things. What she was probably referring to was it as a competitive activity. It really has no athletic merits whatsoever, but people seem to get pretty worked up and overly competitive about how ridiculously overdone their daughters look, so that's probably what she was referring to.

Things like chess, bird watching and poker are all considered sports solely for the amount of involvement needed by those who participate in them. I don't think the people who consider these "sports" are technically referring to sports that involve athleticism.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Pageants are not a sport... they're a competition... you can't get your buddies together and play 'pageant' for an hour after school... not really anyways.
only for the pretty people.
Pagents are no where near a sport

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
No... It's more like a beauty contest.

Invisible Humorist

i wouldnt consider it a sport....its just not as competitive or mind spraining as the sports you see here...sorry
I Think Its More Of A Hobbie..Sports Are Somewhat Tied In To Athletic Skill And Ability.. Soo I Don't Think Soo..
Hi there, I'm Mr. Technical.

Is a pageant a sport? Well, to answer this question, let's look at the definition of "Sport".

–noun
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
a particular form of this, especially in the out of doors.
diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.
jest; fun; mirth; pleasantry: What he said in sport was taken seriously.
mockery; ridicule; derision: They made sport of him.
an object of derision; laughingstock.
something treated lightly or tossed about like a plaything.
something or someone subject to the whims or vicissitudes of fate, circumstances, etc.
a sportsman.
Informal . a person who behaves in a sportsmanlike, fair, or admirable manner; an accommodating person: He was a sport and took his defeat well.
Informal . a person who is interested in sports as an occasion for gambling; gambler.
Informal . a flashy person; one who wears showy clothes, affects smart manners, pursues pleasurable pastimes, or the like; a bon vivant.
Biology . an organism or part that shows an unusual or singular deviation from the normal or parent type; mutation.
Obsolete . amorous dalliance.
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or used in sports or a particular sport.
suitable for outdoor or informal wear: sport clothes.
–verb (used without object)
to amuse oneself with some pleasant pastime or recreation.
to play, frolic, or gambol, as a child or an animal.
to engage in some open-air or athletic pastime or sport.
to trifle or treat lightly: to sport with another's emotions.
to mock, scoff, or tease: to sport at suburban life.
Botany . to mutate.
–verb (used with object)
to pass (time) in amusement or sport.
to spend or squander lightly or recklessly (often followed by away ).
Informal . to wear, display, carry, etc., especially with ostentation; show off: to sport a new mink coat.
Archaic . to amuse (especially oneself).
—Idiom
sport one's oak. oak ( def. 5 ) .

Here, pageant would fall under:

diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.

and

Informal . a flashy person; one who wears showy clothes, affects smart manners, pursues pleasurable pastimes, or the like; a bon vivant.

That should answer your question.

- Mr. Technical
No it is not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out