Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone on here practice Aikido?

Survivor

Used to. It was an extracurricular in high school.
Moto Samurai
Used to. It was an extracurricular in high school.

I wish it was at my school!!!!!! What style may I ask?

Survivor

Uh, the Aikido kind. I don't know exactly, it was an informal setting.

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
mistressryuu
Anyone on here practice Aikido?

I practice it now. (Aikikai style or so I heard. I like to call it the ultra-super-soft style though)
nice, how long have you been training?

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Used to do some Aikido back in a makeshift martial arts dojo. I had to quit because I had to move away though. I was a yellow or orange belt. I can't remember.

Informer

When I go back home for school [been gone all summer] I'm going to try and get my mom to let me train in Aikido or Aiki-Jutsu, which is like an 'offensive' version of Aikido.

It'll just depend on which dojo I go to.

Wealthy Explorer

7,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Master Huntress Munashii
When I go back home for school [been gone all summer] I'm going to try and get my mom to let me train in Aikido or Aiki-Jutsu, which is like an 'offensive' version of Aikido.

It'll just depend on which dojo I go to.

I suggest going with Aikijujutsu, it's a complete self-defense art compared to aikido. I trained in aikido myself but after training in it for a while I noticed it has plenty of gaps - the focus is always on throws and locks & little emphasis on striking and ground fighting. Aikido is good as a sport and for basic self-defense but if you want to be a well-rounded martial artist you'll have to cross-train(if you'll stay with aikido) or train in a martial art that covers all aspects of fighting/self-defense.
I do Tomiki (Sport) Aikido

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games